Options

PJ fans are greeeeeat!!!

martibudmartibud Posts: 20
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Hi guys! I know that i don't post a lot here, but here's a good story about a PJ fan that I met. At the beginning of this school year, I started in a new school (I'm a high school teacher), and as usual, I'm wearing a PJ shirt every once in a while. Well, there's this teacher coming to me and saying: "nice!!! another fan!!". We talked a lot about our PJ experience and PJ stuff we had. Well this guy came to me today and said: "Here's a little Christmas gift for you..." And he gave me the October 1993 Rolling Stone's edition with this incredible Pearl Jam article! Would you see that kind of thing elsewhere than in the jamily?
"It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
Montreal 1998
Montreal 2000
Toronto 2000
Albany 2003
Toronto 2003
Montreal 2003
Boston I 2004
Montreal 2005
Ottawa 2005
Quebec city 2005
Albany 2006
MSG I 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    martibud wrote:
    Hi guys! I know that i don't post a lot here, but here's a good story about a PJ fan that I met. At the beginning of this school year, I started in a new school (I'm a high school teacher), and as usual, I'm wearing a PJ shirt every once in a while. Well, there's this teacher coming to me and saying: "nice!!! another fan!!". We talked a lot about our PJ experience and PJ stuff we had. Well this guy came to me today and said: "Here's a little Christmas gift for you..." And he gave me the October 1993 Rolling Stone's edition with this incredible Pearl Jam article! Would you see that kind of thing elsewhere than in the jamily?

I think as a whole PJ fans are extremely generous, probably one of the most generous/helpful groups of people out there at least in terms of music fans.

Somehow I never seem to find any other fans around here though...other than my husband but I think I had something to do with that ;) I wish I could just randomly meet another "mega-fan" like myself, somehow where I live I just don't think it's gonna happen.

That's great though that you met someone like us just out of the blue like that.

Now that I type it it seems kinda wierd..."someone like us"...hmmm, are we wierd? I always thought of us as kind of like those wicked sports fanatics, but we like a specific band instead of a specific team.

We are normal...right?? ;)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Tangerine wrote:
    I think as a whole PJ fans are extremely generous, probably one of the most generous/helpful groups of people out there at least in terms of music fans.

Somehow I never seem to find any other fans around here though...other than my husband but I think I had something to do with that ;) I wish I could just randomly meet another "mega-fan" like myself, somehow where I live I just don't think it's gonna happen.

That's great though that you met someone like us just out of the blue like that.

Now that I type it it seems kinda wierd..."someone like us"...hmmm, are we wierd? I always thought of us as kind of like those wicked sports fanatics, but we like a specific band instead of a specific team.

We are normal...right?? ;)

in this forum we are normal in the outside world people think we are nuts ,thats how it feels to me at least ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    yeah, that's like when i tell people that i'm going to see 2-3 PJ shows during a tour and they reply: "uhhh, i wouldn't pay to see the same show 2 or 3 times!"... Hey, this is not a Justin Timberlake show (even tough this guy must be good at what he does)!! It's different EVERY night!

Yes, we are weird, but hey, i like it!!!
    "It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
    Montreal 1998
    Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2000
    Albany 2003
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Boston I 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Quebec city 2005
    Albany 2006