Options

Anyone seen Eddie Izzard Live?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,448
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I am going to see him in a small theatre this Saturday...anyone ever seen him do stand-up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i haven't seen him in person just on tv....very funny...where is he gonna be?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i haven't seen him in person just on tv....very funny...where is he gonna be?

Coronet Theatre on LaCienega

He does a few stints there every year.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    OH. MY. GOD.

I'm jealous. Have fun. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    me such in jealousness :(

enjoy it though.. he's awesome.. using the proper use of awesome here ;)

The universe is awesome using the original version, the meaning of the word awesome, yeah? Not the new one which is sort of for socks and hot dogs: "Hey! Red and yellow - awesome! You got red and yellow socks, they're awesome!" You know. But if they were you'd be (gasps). I saw an advert for 'awesome hot dogs, only $2.99'. If they were awesome you'd be going, (gasping for breath) "I can not… breathe for the way the sausage is held by the bun. It is… it is speaking to me. It is saying 'we are lips and thighs… of a donkey. Please eat us… but do not think that we are lips when you eat us, otherwise you'll throw up'." Which is true! It's awesome!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    me such in jealousness :(

enjoy it though.. he's awesome.. using the proper use of awesome here ;)

The universe is awesome using the original version, the meaning of the word awesome, yeah? Not the new one which is sort of for socks and hot dogs: "Hey! Red and yellow - awesome! You got red and yellow socks, they're awesome!" You know. But if they were you'd be (gasps). I saw an advert for 'awesome hot dogs, only $2.99'. If they were awesome you'd be going, (gasping for breath) "I can not… breathe for the way the sausage is held by the bun. It is… it is speaking to me. It is saying 'we are lips and thighs… of a donkey. Please eat us… but do not think that we are lips when you eat us, otherwise you'll throw up'." Which is true! It's awesome!

Thanks..I am excited about it...taking my girlfriend as a surprise anniversary gift!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    You lucky motherfucker! Enjoy it :) I've seen plenty of DVD's. He won't disappoint
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I want to hear his James Mason and Sean Connery voices.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

Well, I am glad you live up to your name!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I wish...when the fuck is he touring the UK again? :(
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lucky you! Never seen him live.. only on TV and I have his DVDs.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    Have fun!

He was leading one of the activities at a demonstration in Edinburgh i was at a few years ago. It wasn't a stand up, but....he was very funny!
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    audiodave wrote:

or his darth vader in "death star canteen" voice. Classic!