Options

I Just Gave ....

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
BLOOD and here at work if you give blood 3 times in a yr time frame you get a day off, 2 times to go for me not bad off course you can't give blood back to back to back times you have to wait a few months in between or so i was told ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the person who gets that blood is gonna be

FLOATING AWAY ............................
  • Options
    BLOOD and here at work if you give blood 3 times in a yr time frame you get a day off, 2 times to go for me not bad off course you can't give blood back to back to back times you have to wait a few months in between or so i was told ....

pretty sweet! :)
    win-win for all.

btw - you can donate blood every 56 days.
    if you recently got a tattoo, you cannot give blood for a year. or, if you're like me and lived in the UK for 2-3 months? or longer - i was there a year - between i think 1986-2000.....they will not accept your blood at all. :( they are worried i carry mad-cow anti-bodies or sumthin'.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NY PJ1 wrote:

3 parts blood, 1 part tequila....:p :D:D
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

yeah i never thoguht about that would they put my name on a list of blood that is tainted with the cannabis but cleared of everything else, and i have giving blood before here so they haven't said anything uhmm ....
  • Options
    pretty sweet! :)
    win-win for all.

btw - you can donate blood every 56 days.
    if you recently got a tattoo, you cannot give blood for a year. or, if you're like me and lived in the UK for 2-3 months? or longer - i was there a year - between i think 1986-2000.....they will not accept your blood at all. :( they are worried i carry mad-cow anti-bodies or sumthin'.

really madcow whoa so i will be a bit weak tonight i will watch my alcohol intake will keep it at only 6tequila shots and 15 beers he he he :D ...
  • Options
    really madcow whoa so i will be a bit weak tonight i will watch my alcohol intake will keep it at only 6tequila shots and 15 beers he he he :D ...

indeed. so yes, no drinking my blood, sorry. ;)
    tonight shall be fun!

mmmmm...mexican.
    still deciding what i shall drink...mixed drinks...or wine.....? decisions, decisions.

back on topic:
    funny thing is, i used to donate blood regularly and they accepted and used it. then a couple years later they dcame up with this 'restriction' in regards to living in the UK/madcow, etc. thing is tho, ALL the time that i donated blood before....i had already lived in london...so there are a few people who got my (possibly( madcow antibodies thru blood in any case. :p who knew?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    yeah i never thoguht about that would they put my name on a list of blood that is tainted with the cannabis but cleared of everything else, and i have giving blood before here so they haven't said anything uhmm ....

Smoking pot has no effect on somebodies ability to accept your blood, it doesn't make your blood unsafe and there are no transmittable disease risks (other than laziness) involved with being a pot smoker.

I smoke every day and still donate blood 4 or 5 times a year and due a shortage of my blood type they practically beg me to come back.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I have a very "uncommon" (is it right?) type of blood, I can only accept my type....so every time I hear that someone needs my type of blood I donate...I think I'm falling in love with those needles :)
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    I have a very "uncommon" (is it right?) type of blood, I can only accept my type....so every time I hear that someone needs my type of blood I donate...I think I'm falling in love with those needles :)

yeah uncommon is ok so then that is very good of you to give blood ....