woo... I'm heading over to check out my new job this morning!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My company finally got their arses in gear and, with a little help from the cleaning lady, I spoke to my future boss this morning. I probably have another 2-3 weeks left here and then I'll be moving to a job about 10 minutes walk from here :D . I'm gonna go over now and check out the place and see it it suits me... and if it does it's mine :) . So that's at LEAST another 3 years work for me... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

I WAS kinda hoping for a payoff :D but fuck it, a job will do.
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what exactly is your new job??

and what was your old job??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    My company finally got their arses in gear and, with a little help from the cleaning lady, I spoke to my future boss this morning. I probably have another 2-3 weeks left here and then I'll be moving to a job about 10 minutes walk from here :D . I'm gonna go over now and check out the place and see it it suits me... and if it does it's mine :) . So that's at LEAST another 3 years work for me... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

I WAS kinda hoping for a payoff :D but fuck it, a job will do.

congrats.. although thats 3 more years of you posting on here... i fear my celebration has been short-lived :p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • what exactly is your new job??

and what was your old job??

Professional Pit Poster
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Professional Pit Poster
    Damn, beaten to the punch!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • That's awesome :D Cus weren't you saying you were pretty unhappy in the current job? Congratulations.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • That's awesome :D Cus weren't you saying you were pretty unhappy in the current job? Congratulations.
    oh no, it got much better after the initial problems and the past couple of months have been good.

I'm just back and the new place is pretty fucking cool :) . PROPER offices and stuff. The new boss seems nice and approachable with a good firm handshake (I'm big on handshakes) and I may be between the two places for a few weeks and then permanently over there... AND it's a good 7 years work apparently :eek: well if I can stick it that long... it's gonna be a bit of a hike... a bus, a train and 15 minutes walk... but I'll only have to get up about 15 minutes earlier I suppose.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • oh no, it got much better after the initial problems and the past couple of months have been good.

I'm just back and the new place is pretty fucking cool :) . PROPER offices and stuff. The new boss seems nice and approachable with a good firm handshake (I'm big on handshakes) and I may be between the two places for a few weeks and then permanently over there... AND it's a good 7 years work apparently :eek: well if I can stick it that long... it's gonna be a bit of a hike... a bus, a train and 15 minutes walk... but I'll only have to get up about 15 minutes earlier I suppose.

Nice, well best of luck! Life changes are good... :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Nice, well best of luck! Life changes are good... :D
    :) thanks very much. I guess it will probably be busier there... it's a HUGE job. The demolition alone is gonna be a year and a half and then the construction at least 5 years after that :eek: this will be my biggest job yet.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :) thanks very much. I guess it will probably be busier there... it's a HUGE job. The demolition alone is gonna be a year and a half and then the construction at least 5 years after that :eek: this will be my biggest job yet.

You work in construction? Cool.

it's gonna be a bit of a hike... a bus, a train and 15 minutes walk... but I'll only have to get up about 15 minutes earlier I suppose.

hahha hahaha

gypsy. :p

learn to drive, instead of slumming it with the poor people.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    hahha hahaha

My daily journey to and from work:

http://www.alanarnette.com/images/everest/everest-route-north.jpg

• dunkman wrote:
    hahha hahaha

If I were to drive to this job, I'd have to get up and extra 20 minutes than I WILL have to... bus lanes and train lines and walking shortcuts are a good thing ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • You work in construction? Cool.
    Yep :) and I'm pretty lucky with the company I work with cos we do mainly public projects, rather than private... cos there's quite a downturn in the private stuff at the moment... but we've lotsa shit coming up :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Well congratulations! Ya mean we won't have to worry about you for another 3-5 years? Hmm I wonder what your post count will be by then? lol.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
    If I were to drive to this job, I'd have to get up and extra 20 minutes than I WILL have to... bus lanes and train lines and walking shortcuts are a good thing ;)

i'd rather get up early and drive than have 5 extra minutes in my bed...

buses = bus drivers who are, lets admit it, always fucking pissed off about something... and that something is their lack of intellect... they are actually too stupid to work that out so they just get angry with everyone.

trains = as above.

you have to hang around in the cold, rain, snow waiting on the bus... then you have to get off.. walk to the train station.. hang around in one of the most soul destroying places in the world.. a commuter platform at rush-hour... and then walk to your work.

the moral of the story is learn to drive...

i loathe bus lanes... why should poor people get to work before me??? :confused: .... at least i aid the economy in some way unlike the 36 grannies on the bus who are only going to the town at 900am cos Boots have fucking Arthritis pills on buy one get one...
  • :) thanks very much. I guess it will probably be busier there... it's a HUGE job. The demolition alone is gonna be a year and a half and then the construction at least 5 years after that :eek: this will be my biggest job yet.

is this your stadium? or is that where you are now?? i forget... :o

congrats on the new project, though... i'm still here at mine... 2.5 years and counting! :p at least we have parking on site now.... i'm pretty stoked about that... it's the little things, you know? ;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    you're going to have a proper job now?
    no more days spend posting here? :eek:
  • evenkat wrote:
    Well congratulations! Ya mean we won't have to worry about you for another 3-5 years? Hmm I wonder what your post count will be by then? lol.
    :eek: I don't know if numbers GO that high.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkman wrote:
    i'd rather get up early and drive than have 5 extra minutes in my bed...

buses = bus drivers who are, lets admit it, always fucking pissed off about something... and that something is their lack of intellect... they are actually too stupid to work that out so they just get angry with everyone.

trains = as above.

you have to hang around in the cold, rain, snow waiting on the bus... then you have to get off.. walk to the train station.. hang around in one of the most soul destroying places in the world.. a commuter platform at rush-hour... and then walk to your work.

the moral of the story is learn to drive...

i loathe bus lanes... why should poor people get to work before me??? :confused: .... at least i aid the economy in some way unlike the 36 grannies on the bus who are only going to the town at 900am cos Boots have fucking Arthritis pills on buy one get one...
    :eek: WOW, I've never heard anything so negative in my life. I get on the bus in the morning say 'hello, 1.90 please' and smile at the driver, he gives me my ticket. I sit down and sleep for the next 45 minutes with whatever music I want in my ears. Then I get off in town, wander around for a bit, get my paper, my cigarettes, my coffee and head for the train station... trains are never normally longer than 3 or 4 minutes wait if any at that time of the morning. So 10 minutes on the train (no conversing with the driver... dunno what kinda train drivers you have in Scotland) and then I get off and have a nice walk to my job so I'll be all nice and fresh and exercised by the time I even START work :) doesn't seem too bad to me... better than having to negotiate traffic myself :eek: . Even if I HAD a car, no fuckin WAY would I drive in rush hour. Only upside I can see is that I could smoke on the way to work, but that's also a downside.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • is this your stadium? or is that where you are now?? i forget... :o

congrats on the new project, though... i'm still here at mine... 2.5 years and counting! :p at least we have parking on site now.... i'm pretty stoked about that... it's the little things, you know? ;)
    Thank you :) I'm at the stadium at the moment but that was only a short job for us (which nobody knew when I started) and I'll be moving to my new one... which isn't as interesting I suppose but it will be busier and the offices have a much nicer layout.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Pegasus wrote:
    you're going to have a proper job now?
    no more days spend posting here? :eek:
    I HAVE a proper job :p

But I'm just going to be located somewhere else... pretty much doing the same stuff for the same company.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: WOW, I've never heard anything so negative in my life. I get on the bus in the morning say 'hello, 1.90 please' and smile at the driver, he gives me my ticket. I sit down and sleep for the next 45 minutes with whatever music I want in my ears. Then I get off in town, wander around for a bit, get my paper, my cigarettes, my coffee and head for the train station... trains are never normally longer than 3 or 4 minutes wait if any at that time of the morning. So 10 minutes on the train (no conversing with the driver... dunno what kinda train drivers you have in Scotland) and then I get off and have a nice walk to my job so I'll be all nice and fresh and exercised by the time I even START work :) doesn't seem too bad to me... better than having to negotiate traffic myself :eek: . Even if I HAD a car, no fuckin WAY would I drive in rush hour. Only upside I can see is that I could smoke on the way to work, but that's also a downside.

wow... fuck that :p

8.03am get in car.
    8.17am park outside office
    8.20am make coffee

thats my morning

good luck with your new job :)
  • dunkman wrote:
    wow... fuck that :p

8.03am get in car.
    8.17am park outside office
    8.20am make coffee

thats my morning

good luck with your new job :)
    well if I had a car, I still wouldn't be at work in 14 minutes. I will have to leave the house at 7.15am to be in work maybe about 8.30. If I had a car, I would have to leave the house BEFORE 7 to get across town. I'm sure there are jobs closer but I like being near the city centre cos it's handy for shopping, cinema, drinks after work, etc... if I worked near where I live, I'd probably do fuck all in the evenings but go home and relax for the evening.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I HAVE a proper job :p

But I'm just going to be located somewhere else... pretty much doing the same stuff for the same company.
    no you don't..if you had you wouldn't be on the board all day, you'd be too busy!
    (and yes, I am posting this from work..and have not much to do all day .. I'll be glad when this job is over..I hate not having enough work..I'd rather be at home if it's to do nothing!)
  • Pegasus wrote:
    no you don't..if you had you wouldn't be on the board all day, you'd be too busy!
    (and yes, I am posting this from work..and have not much to do all day .. I'll be glad when this job is over..I hate not having enough work..I'd rather be at home if it's to do nothing!)
    I don't mind not having anything to do :)

Proper jobs don't mean that you're constantly busy. A proper job is something that's permanent and pays money :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life