Options

ride up to CT

dirtyfrank24dirtyfrank24 Posts: 32
edited June 2008 in The Porch
hey guys...a little help here. I am from LI and am taking the port jeff ferry at 5:15pm tomorrow night. That will put me in Bridgeport at 6:30. Can someone who is familiar with CT let me know if that is enough time to get to Hartford, get tickets, park, and see the show on time?? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    The traffic getting on the 91 in New Haven can be tricky at times and you just never know in Connecticut. Id try to get in as early as possibly and leave yourself extra time. Chances are you would make it on time, but it could turn ugly.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    hey guys...a little help here. I am from LI and am taking the port jeff ferry at 5:15pm tomorrow night. That will put me in Bridgeport at 6:30. Can someone who is familiar with CT let me know if that is enough time to get to Hartford, get tickets, park, and see the show on time?? Thanks in advance.

since they don't start til 9pm, as long as ur not trying for a poster or see Ted Leo, it takes less than an hr to drive from BPT to Hartford not including the traffic off the exit and PJ traffic in this instance
    but u should be all right just dont quote me
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    i hope you're right. i've been a 10 club member for 10 years and have never taken advantage of the seats because i always have gone with a group of non-members; this will be the first time b/c it's just me and my girlfriend, i really don't want to miss them walking on stage....does anybody know for sure how long it will take and how the parking may be???
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Honestly man, I think it's going to be real tight for you. The ride might take a little more than an hour up there, traffic will be bad at that time (Friday night rush hour up to Hartford is tough).

The other thing is that the parking lots aren't right next to the venue, they're kind of spread out and will be pretty full by the time you get there. Add that to getting your tix from the tenclub window and finding your seats and that might be really, really tight.

Sorry man, not trying to be a downer, just realistic.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    Ive never seen traffic like a friday afternoon going from new york to connecticut.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    I work in Stratford ......next city north of Bridgeport.It usually takes me 20 minutes to get home going north on 95 to 91 exit 8 but on a Friday afternoon at that time I've NEVER made it home in under 45 minutes.......thats the average time it takes but it has taken as long as an hour to get through the traffic......remember this is normally a 20 minute ride!

I wonder if taking the Merrit Parkway to I 91 north would be a better option to you? Anyone else from the BPT area think this is a better option for him?

enjoy the show......Joe
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    I'm from Fairfield originally and I've done the ride a million times. Honestly, the Merrit might be better but no guarantee. I love that highway, but one accident on the way up and it'll be worse than 95.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    I appreciate everyone chiming in, thank you, I wish someone would just say" I've done that exact drive and you WILL make it."