what's the best way to enjoy tequila??

stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
edited August 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I got a bottle of Patron Anejo (Aged) as a gift and I'd really like to enjoy this instead of taking shots or making margaritas since it's a pretty expensive (and supposedly very good) bottle. does anyone here know much about tequila or enjoy tequila that could help me enjoy this bottle?? thanks :)
6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I love Patron, unfortunately I enjoy the shots :o

I generally don't like tequila cocktails, but I like the shots.
    NERDS!
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    body shots. :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I love Patron, unfortunately I enjoy the shots :o

I generally don't like tequila cocktails, but I like the shots.
    ME TOO! That's my stuff right there!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    enjoying tequila for dummies v2.1

ingredients - tequila, salt, lemon

1. take shot glass
    2. fill with tequila
    3. cut a lemon into wedges (as the enjoyment progresses probably a good idea to remove the seeds)
    4. sprinkle some salt on the back of your hand
    5. lick the salt off
    6. tip the shot of tequila down your throat (might burn a bit on the first shot, but this goes away as the night goes on)
    7. suck the lemon

aahhh - enjoy

NOTE!!!! - its a good idea to do this in a street level room - staircases tend to become a problem a bit later on ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    suns rival wrote:
    body shots. :D
    exactly ;)

Patron is the shit..best tequila I think imo
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pretty much exactly like that..
    however, may i suggest to the OP
    Mezcal slaps the shit out of tequila...IMO of course
    i don't drink but once in a blue moon these days but when i did get it on way back when,,,,Mezcal was the bomb..

get the worm of fire water..it'll make things numb & warm
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    There is no way to "enjoy" tequila. Best you can do is drink and shudder. :p
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Get some balls and drink it on the rocks!
    You will piss lightening! Your gonna crap Thunda!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i would start by not drinking patron or jose

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    2 parts Patron
    1 part hot chick

Best ever! :D

By the way, this gets only better with more of each. :D
  • Nnnnnnnekkid!
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    shot of patron and a pacifico
  • drinking it?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    chadwick wrote:
    pretty much exactly like that..
    however, may i suggest to the OP
    Mezcal slaps the shit out of tequila...IMO of course
    i don't drink but once in a blue moon these days but when i did get it on way back when,,,,Mezcal was the bomb..

get the worm of fire water..it'll make things numb & warm

mezcal....

it's like drinking a campfire!

the first time i overdid it with mezcal it hit me hard and fast. i chugged a bunch of it at a friends before going out to the bar, waited a few minutes, and before we left i got an onion from the kitchen and started to eat it like an apple....last time i had mezcal

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Get some balls and drink it on the rocks!
    You will piss lightening! Your gonna crap Thunda!
    That's funny shit! :D
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i would start by not drinking patron or jose
    I Like Aha Toro.

And yeah, straight up shots is the way to enjoy good tequila, imo.
  • Patron is so smooth you can drink it right on the rocks, seriously. Or shots. But the stuff is amazing. Unlike Jose' it doesn't give me the toilet shivers. You'll enjoy it. It's tasty on it's own! But be careful, shit packs a punch! Last time I got into it was in Toronto and my best bud and I picked up a bottle of Patron Silver at the border. We drank the whole thing the two of us (granted we also drank beers and had a few shots of Jager) but I was hungover for 2 days.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I agree: shots are the only way to drink tekillya. If you need the training wheels (salt, lemon) so be it.

Maybe I'm getting older but I just can't drink that stuff anymore.....especially mezcal. Petron is smooth.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,442
    stylo17 wrote:
    I got a bottle of Patron Anejo (Aged) as a gift and I'd really like to enjoy this instead of taking shots or making margaritas since it's a pretty expensive (and supposedly very good) bottle. does anyone here know much about tequila or enjoy tequila that could help me enjoy this bottle?? thanks :)

chill it and sip strait up-if its too strong for you ad ONE small ice cube
    to use salt, lemon or lime with 100% agave tequilia, especially anjeo, is just wrong IMHO
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    on the rocks with a cigar of course!
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    In mass doses.

I was hanging out with this crazy Aussie once and he ordered a shot of tequila with the salt and lime wedge but he took it down a little different than I had ever seen before. He threw down the shot first, then snorted the salt, and then squeezed lime juice into his eye! WTF???
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    drinking it?
    You've clearly never had tequila.

The correct answer is, put the bottle away and never touch it again.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/07/14/094850.php

Neat is probably the best to enjoy the flavor. A couple ice cubes will water it down a bit.

I would try it neat and room temp to start out. Chilling it takes the edge off.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • try to enjoy it various ways ...

start your day with a bloody maria ... then some afternoon margaritas .... and finish with some shots before a mexican dinner.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    stylo17 wrote:
    does anyone here know much about tequila or enjoy tequila that could help me enjoy this bottle?? thanks :)

I like to enjoy tequilla while watching Pearl Jam: Live at the Garden.

seriously.... the two go well together. ;)
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 389
    eyedclaar wrote:
    In mass doses.

I was hanging out with this crazy Aussie once and he ordered a shot of tequila with the salt and lime wedge but he took it down a little different than I had ever seen before. He threw down the shot first, then snorted the salt, and then squeezed lime juice into his eye! WTF???

i've seen people do that before.........doesn't seem fun
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    zenith wrote:

NOTE!!!! - its a good idea to do this in a street level room - staircases tend to become a problem a bit later on ;)

LMAO :D

Can't wait till the next time we all get together again to drink some more :) I'll supply the the Monte Alban again :D
  • CoopiaCoopia Posts: 31
    Get_Right wrote:
    chill it and sip strait up-if its too strong for you ad ONE small ice cube
    to use salt, lemon or lime with 100% agave tequilia, especially anjeo, is just wrong IMHO

What he said. Sip it chilled. Good tequila requires no training wheels (salt, lime). Take your time to enjoy it, and make that bottle last, because it may become habit forming. Unfortunately most of us can't afford a $50 a bottle habit.

Enjoy!
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    In mass doses.

ahahahahahahahahaaaa.... leave it to the aussies :)
    i love 'em!

i like patron shots but i sip em a bit sometimes.
    i also eat the lime with some salt sprinkled on it - but just because it's tasty.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    orally
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.