Options

Vancouver ticket needed. Posters &/or Cash

wazzukickwazzukick Posts: 57
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I am in dire need of one ticket to an Eddie Vancouver show. I am not picky and don't care which show it is for. I have many posters for trade and/or pay cash for the ticket. I appreciate it greatly if anyone can help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    There has to be someone out there. I know when 10 Club tickets were ordered you had to order 2. I know everyone going isn't going with a friend. Maybe people are ebaying their extra ticket...lets hope not.
    If you don't have an extra Vancouver ticket (either night), but know someone who does, please, please, please let me know.
  • Options
    Please. There has to be someone out there who has an extra.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    el bumpo
  • Options
    Thought I would bump this again.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    wazzukick wrote:
    I know when 10 Club tickets were ordered you had to order 2. I know everyone going isn't going with a friend. Maybe people are ebaying their extra ticket...lets hope not.

It's cool that you are using this forum to help you find a ticket -- in fact, it's awesome. I'm really glad that people are trying to avoid scalpers at all costs in order to procure a ticket to these shows.

However, I wouldn't suggest implying that people are going the evil-eBay route with their extras just because you are having a hard time finding a seller. It is entirely plausible that people aren't responding to your post right now because, hey, there's still a month until the date of the show, and most people would prefer to look for a friend to go with rather than going with a complete stranger. On that note, it's probable that at least a few tickets will become available a week or two before the show, as people start to give up on finding a friend.

In any case, subtly accusing people of not selling you a ticket because they have chosen to go to eBay instead is not very endearing.

But good luck to you. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    It's cool that you are using this forum to help you find a ticket -- in fact, it's awesome. I'm really glad that people are trying to avoid scalpers at all costs in order to procure a ticket to these shows.

However, I wouldn't suggest implying that people are going the evil-eBay route with their extras just because you are having a hard time finding a seller. It is entirely plausible that people aren't responding to your post right now because, hey, there's still a month until the date of the show, and most people would prefer to look for a friend to go with rather than going with a complete stranger. On that note, it's probable that at least a few tickets will become available a week or two before the show, as people start to give up on finding a friend.

In any case, subtly accusing people of not selling you a ticket because they have chosen to go to eBay instead is not very endearing.

But good luck to you. :)
    I wasn't accusing anyone of ebaying their ticket, because 99% of this board is caring and considerate. The fact of the matter is there are a great deal of Eddie tickets on ebay at outrageous prices. I simply made that statement in case someone was thinking of ebaying it.
    In 2006 I had an extra Gorge ticket and I thought about putting it on ebay, but thought there are a lot of other people on this board who would love to have it. I sold it to a board member for face when I could have turned a profit on ebay. Sometimes things are more important than money.
    I do agree if people are looking for a friend to go first then by all means. If a friend can't go I would gladly buy your ticket. It would make me happier than a 5 year old on Christmas morning.
  • Options
    Thought I would give this another try.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    I really, really, want to go to one of the Vancouver shows. Please help if you can by selling me your extra for either night.
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    wazzukick wrote:
    I really, really, want to go to one of the Vancouver shows. Please help if you can by selling me your extra for either night.

There will be a set of tickets to night 2 being auctioned off at the pre-party on night 1... benefitting Surfrider and CCFC... row W... not the greatest seats, but not the worst either, and realistically in an1800 seat venue any seat is gonna be great!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    There will be a set of tickets to night 2 being auctioned off at the pre-party on night 1... benefitting Surfrider and CCFC... row W... not the greatest seats, but not the worst either, and realistically in an1800 seat venue any seat is gonna be great!
    I am hoping for face or within reason. Although it will benefit a good cause an auction will draw several hundred dollars for a pair. Plus I only need one ticket and I am not going to scalp the other to make up the difference. That would be wrong.
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    wazzukick wrote:
    I am hoping for face or within reason. Although it will benefit a good cause an auction will draw several hundred dollars for a pair. Plus I only need one ticket and I am not going to scalp the other to make up the difference. That would be wrong.

Good point, I was just letting you know what's happening!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know what is going on squizzlefritz. I just have to hope there is a someone out there who has an extra, just one to either Vancouver show.
  • Options
    Getting close to show time. Any 10C ticket holders for Vancouver have any friends bail on the them? If so I am looking for a ticket.