my buddie went nuts

shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
He went to Mo to vist his cus at a marine base. (his alther cus is in Falusha) He came back on mon and broke up with his girl freind and is going to join the marines. I think he inlisted this moring. He hates his job and does not like school that is the reason for him joining.
like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    yikes.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • He went to Mo to vist his cus at a marine base. (his alther cus is in Falusha) He came back on mon and broke up with his girl freind and is going to join the marines. I think he inlisted this moring. He hates his job and does not like school that is the reason for him joining.

My friend joined in the same fashion and it turned him into a more solid human being I think. If hes volunteering to go then its his will and just hope he doesnt get hurt in any type of war. I can understand how you could get worried though.
  • shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    I just have to realize he is 19 and old enough to make his own decisions. Supposealy he has thought about it forever. His parents sasid they do not support him though. that is just wrong.
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • Dont call him nuts, dont question him, give him all the support you can, and spend every second you can with him. You never know when the last time you might see him will be...
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Thank your friend for me.
    Godspeed to him coming home if he has to go overseas.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    a guy i know joined up

he always wanted to be a Marine since he was a kid just like his granddad

went to boot in Aug of 2006
    he's in Iraq now

i wish them all safe and home soon
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I just have to realize he is 19 and old enough to make his own decisions. Supposealy he has thought about it forever. His parents sasid they do not support him though. that is just wrong.

wow. I have a 19 year old so it hits close to home but I would totally give him my support if he did that. I hope his parents come around...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I'd dig the physical training and disipline part... just not the killing people part.

That part ruins your life.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
This discussion has been closed.