hideous work uniforms!

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
we've got this campaign thingie at work right now and I absolutely hate hate hate hate HATE the t-shirts we have to wear during it!! (luckily it ends on the 15th)

the shirts are bright bright yellow and have a black picture of a hand (the kind you might find with the word "stop" near them) on the stomach area.

also, you have to wear some other shirt underneath it cause otherwise people can see your bra. yes, even if it's white or "skin colour". :rolleyes:

argh!!

the shirt(s) I usually wear are pretty cool. t-shirt is black with the store's name in the front and Battery written in the back (it's an energy drink). and long sleeved shirt is black and yellow with Miami Vice written in the back. :D

do other people have to wear ugly clothes to work?
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    eMMI wrote:
    we've got this campaign thingie at work right now and I absolutely hate hate hate hate HATE the t-shirts we have to wear during it!! (luckily it ends on the 15th)

the shirts are bright bright yellow and have a black picture of a hand (the kind you might find with the word "stop" near them) on the stomach area.

also, you have to wear some other shirt underneath it cause otherwise people can see your bra. yes, even if it's white or "skin colour". :rolleyes:

argh!!

the shirt(s) I usually wear are pretty cool. t-shirt is black with the store's name in the front and Battery written in the back (it's an energy drink). and long sleeved shirt is black and yellow with Miami Vice written in the back. :D

do you have to wear ugly clothes to work?

You do...now boobs is all I have left to say [size=+4] **BOOBS** [/size]

;)
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    You do...now boobs is all I have left to say [size=+4] **BOOBS** [/size]

;)

oh wow.. what a wise thing to say darling. ;):p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • The people that work at "Hot Dog on a Stick" have the worst uniforms ever. It could always be worse.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Doesn't sound as bad as me! I'm currently working for a large baker's company (in the offices). But.. as my office in within the production area (smells lovely all day!), I have to wear the white coat, steel toe boots/shoes and.... blue hairnet (a bit like this one http://www.scobiesdirect.com/scobiesdirectimages/Thumbnails/tbhairnets.gif).

I thought I would die laughing the first day I wore it :)
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I don't have a job. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • I have to wear sweater sets.

I just got a part-time seasonal retail job, and where I'll be working has a dress code for women of a skirt or a dress, or, if you wear pants you have to wear a jacket or a sweater set. Because there's no FREAKING way I'm going to run around in a suit jacket or a skirt during the busy holiday season, I will be wearing sweater sets...

So...it's not horrible, but it's a bit conservative. I think I'll top it off with a strand of pearls. ;):p:D
    The people that work at "Hot Dog on a Stick" have the worst uniforms ever. It could always be worse.

well.. I don't know what their uniforms look like so..
    audiodave wrote:
    I don't have a job. :D
    Nothing stops you from wearing a shit uniform at home.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    redrock wrote:
    Then today my uniform consists of a green disease t-shirt. :D

Used to have to wear shirt and tie though, which isn't too bad in an office, but running round a busy restaurant in the middle of summer in a tie is a form of torture.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    redrock wrote:
    Doesn't sound as bad as me! I'm currently working for a large baker's company (in the offices). But.. as my office in within the production area (smells lovely all day!), I have to wear the white coat, steel toe boots/shoes and.... blue hairnet (a bit like this one http://www.scobiesdirect.com/scobiesdirectimages/Thumbnails/tbhairnets.gif).

I thought I would die laughing the first day I wore it :)

eek! haha. that's so not.. you.. :D

well, maybe the boots. ;) but the other stuff..

at least you've got lovely smells though. it only ever smells like candy over here (not all the time though) and you get sick of it very easily.
    redrock wrote:

hehe. so true. :D
  • eMMI wrote:
    well.. I don't know what their uniforms look like so..

http://www.hotdogonastick.com/frames.html
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    I'll take my white coat and blue hair cover anytime over this! :eek:
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    My student nurse uniform is hideous...:(
    A pale grey striped zip up tunic, with burgundy epaulettes!
    With silver coloured tapered trousers!!!!!

I tell you, Kate Moss couldn't make it look good!!!

It's the most foul outfit I've ever seen, and, when I qualify I plan on a little bonfire, and those bloody trousers are the first thing to go!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

My gf asked me if I,as a kid, ever used to watch the HDOS girls making lemonade like all the guys did where she grew up. I had no idea what she was talking about. But let me say this. If you are near a mall with a HDOS and they're making lemonade, stay for the show. ;):D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    My gf asked me if I,as a kid, ever used to watch the HDOS girls making lemonade like all the guys did where she grew up. I had no idea what she was talking about. But let me say this. If you are near a mall with a HDOS and they're making lemonade, stay for the show. ;):D

I always thought HDOS was a Southern California phenomenon, but it appears as if they are slowly taking over the world. Man that cheese on a stick is fucking good but you might as well inject fat right into your arteries.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I always thought HDOS was a Southern California phenomenon, but it appears as if they are slowly taking over the world. Man that cheese on a stick is fucking good but you might as well inject fat right into your arteries.

I only saw them on malls in Northern California.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I only saw them on malls in Northern California.

They're all over the west now and in like 6 other countries.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    wvu's uniforms they wore last week, anything oregon wears in football, the cleveland browns.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • inmyrvm wrote:
    wvu's uniforms they wore last week, anything oregon wears in football, the cleveland browns.

Yeah those Oregon uni's are hideous.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-