Options

What would be the perfect romantic gift(for her)?

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Or has been the perfect romantic gift for Christmas or anytime. I've bought tons of jewlery in the past. I just want to get something really special. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Or has been the perfect romantic gift for Christmas or anytime. I've bought tons of jewlery in the past. I just want to get something really special. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would say nothing anyone tells you here....a romatic gift is something that has thought behind it. Something you really believe the person will like, showing them you know them, and listen....at least that's romantic to me. I don't want generic jewelry or flowers unless there's something that has meaning to it. Give me a keychain that represents something meaningful from our past...that's better. Just my opinion....
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I would say nothing anyone tells you here....a romatic gift is something that has thought behind it. Something you really believe the person will like, showing them you know them, and listen....at least that's romantic to me. I don't want generic jewelry or flowers unless there's something that has meaning to it. Give me a keychain that represents something meaningful from our past...that's better. Just my opinion....
    +1 on this. How did u meet her? Buy something that makes her realize you were thinking of her and not anyone else is worth everything!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Crotchless panties. It'll let her know that you always want to be inside of her. :) So sweet. Awww. <3
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Anal bum Cover
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Crotchless panties. It'll let her know that you always want to be inside of her. :) So sweet. Awww. <3
    And another thread soiled by EM :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    +1 on this. How did u meet her? Buy something that makes her realize you were thinking of her and not anyone else is worth everything!!

Yeah, Thanks Black Diamond and Lizard. I've listened and got some nice things for her. I just want to get one perfect gift that pulls on the heart strings for real. Something that makes her feel as special as she is to me. She's dropped hints about things, and I've got all that stuff. But I want that one thing you know. I know its kinda cheating to ask here, but I go to every store and look, waiting for the perfect gift to stand out. I rack my brain about it.

We've known eachother a long time. Its really an amazing story, to me. Don't know what I could get her that would fit what you are saying. I could totally make a soundtrack of us. And put it in some really nice decortive box. IDk, IDK IDK.

I want to ask women here, "what was the most touching, romantic gift you ever recieved?" And ask men what the best romantic gift they ever gave was.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Time.

Arrange for her to do something that she really loves. Whether that be a lunchdate, getting her hair, nails done, a massage, a facial.

Time can be a very special gift, especially over the busy holiday season.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    My theme of gifts this year for her was 'things I said I'd get you, but never did.' for me its all these things that we had looked at and passed by.

maybe you could do something like that?
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I would say nothing anyone tells you here
    Exactly.

IMO, the best gifts are ones that remind her of something that only you and her shared, or something that only you and her would understand and regard as significant. Think on those terms, and you'll come up with something really good (and probably not expensive at all!)
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    The perfect romantic gift shows your woman that you know her well and know what makes her happy.
    No one can help you :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    a big soulfly patch that she can saw on the back of her jacket :p haha :D i'd love that!
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    A gift certificate for a spa and a big piece of bling :D
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    xbox 360.
  • Options
    Nothing that anyone suggests from here... They don't know the lady in your life, YOU do. :)

If all else fails...
    xbox 360.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

I want to ask women here, "what was the most touching, romantic gift you ever recieved?" And ask men what the best romantic gift they ever gave was.
    Well I love animals...so he arranged for a private viewing of various animals at the zoo. We got to help prepare their food and feed them and view them up close. I also got to hold a baby koala :) That was the most thoughtful and romantic gift he could have given me. This year he saved up like mad to be able to afford a ridiculously expensive plane ticket and 7 weeks off of work so we can spend the holidays together.

So you know her better than us...get her something that shows you pay attention and just how well you know her. :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Well I love animals...so he arranged for a private viewing of various animals at the zoo. We got to help prepare their food and feed them and view them up close. I also got to hold a baby koala :) That was the most thoughtful and romantic gift he could have given me. :)

Damn, that was a cool thoughtful gift. I won't even spoil the moment with any added sarcasm or anything.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    i just got my most thoughtful gift on my birthday which was monday... we had seen an artist at a craft fair in august and we both really liked his work.. so he tracks down the artist, commisions a painting of us. the artist does kinda silly creature drawings.. so it was a fun picture of "us" in a bride and grooms outfit (we are getting married next year).

it was just really thoughtful and really personal. and i'm the only one in the world to have it :)
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Damn, that was a cool thoughtful gift. I won't even spoil the moment with any added sarcasm or anything.
    hahahahaha this made my day :):p But come on - I love your sarcasm! It's your trademark ;)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    eyedclaar wrote:

then what good are you?
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    cutback wrote:
    then what good are you?

Somebody signed on as me, I swear. I didn't post that sentimental drivel. Fuck everyone!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Somebody signed on as me, I swear. I didn't post that sentimental drivel. Fuck everyone!
    Phew! I thought you had been cloned and your sarcasm had been lost in the process! :eek:
  • Options

Trips are always good or hotel stays in or near your city.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    In case you missed it the first time, I thought this would be an appropriate
    thread for this.

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/videoPage.aspx
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Trips are always good or hotel stays in or near your city.
    I agree with Box.
    There is a place in New Hampshire that is perfect, especially this time of year:

http://www.franconiainn.com/

I don't know where you live, but this place is about as romantic as it gets. Even in the warmer weather, it is spectacular. And they always have cool packages around the holidays.
    The restaurant is spectacular too.
    :)

Take her to a lodge with a big, open fire and hold her hand, have some hot toddies and laugh. Go for a sleighride. Or a hike and bring a picnic.
    Picnics are romantic no matter what climate you live in.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    vital5 wrote:
    Anal bum Cover

That's, An Album Cover, Mr. Connery
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Saturnal wrote:
    Exactly.

IMO, the best gifts are ones that remind her of something that only you and her shared, or something that only you and her would understand and regard as significant. Think on those terms, and you'll come up with something really good (and probably not expensive at all!)

smart man. :)

I was thinking on similar lines....only things you've shared. I'll give an example - I qualified for and rode in a national horseshow years ago. I was engaged to my ex husband at the time. I completely blew it...fell off (never fell off in a show before, had to do it right at Nationals, nice!). He made dinner plans for us one night not long after I got back. He had decorated the dining room with a "Congratulations" sign and made a show ribbon, labeling it #1 Fiance`. Meant more than flowers or a piece of jewelry.

Ever give her things like that? Did you save them? put them together in gift box and go through them with her....just to say how much she means to you, how much you've shared through the years....that you haven't forgotten how much your life together means. Just my two cents.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Make her an ice sculpture with a rose in it. Always a winner.

Or a day at the beauty salon.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    i just got a letter ..was dissapointed first pleace but than i read it ...it was really a good damn written loveletter so i cried ...and it was the question to be engaged...