Options

When it rains is pours

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night my girlfriend of 5 and half years breaks up with me, today I lose my job......
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Oh man, I'm so sorry! :(
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Last night my girlfriend of 5 and half years breaks up with me, today I lose my job......
    Sucks man :(

I think it's this whole month in general.

Here's my monthly tally:

-Broken phone, lost about 200 phone numbers, had to buy a new phone at no discount.
    -$2000 car repair paid for, now I've got to take it back in on Friday for something else
    -Got my Wisdom teeth taken out on Monday night.
    -Had Bronchitis for a week
    -Parents left for a month, so I don't get a real thanksgiving

Although I did survive yesterdays job layoffs at my company.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I think I just wasnt meant to live a decent life
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    I've had a horrible month too. Good to know I'm not alone though, we'll pull through.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    bloody sucks!
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I think I just wasnt meant to live a decent life

don't say that, I mean you're healthy right? Things COULD BE A LOT WORSE! :o
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options

Man, that's a drag.

So, are you drunk yet? I mean, seriously. Time to drown those sorrows.
  • Options
    That's what I always think about, I'm glad I'm healthy, a lot of people in my family aren't, and it worries me sometimes.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options

Sorry to hear the news.

Last couple months have really sucked for me.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hope the future is brighter for all of you going through bad times. We've all been there, but it sure sucks while you're going through it. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options

I have to laugh a little bit about this. We saw Pearl Jam at a CCF benefit in Portland a couple years back and Ed said something like "when people feel like they have lost everything, you can always fall back on the old saying "at least I have my health". He went on to say some stuff after that, but I just found that ironic for you to mention it. That's nutty.
  • Options
    guess she couldnt take the shitty oasis music you listen to... i'm surprised she lasted that long...
  • Options
    I've had a horrible month too. Good to know I'm not alone though, we'll pull through.
    2008 in general stunk (with the exception of the PJ shows:D)
    Bring on 2009!!!!! :D:D:D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    antholini wrote:
    guess she couldnt take the shitty oasis music you listen to... i'm surprised she lasted that long...
    That was a nice thing to say :confused:
    NERDS!
  • Options

The worst time of my life started in October. What the fuck is going on?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    The worst time of my life started in October. What the fuck is going on?

October was a bad month I agree.
  • Options
    That is some bad timing... I hope you feel better soon.
    antholini wrote:

This was really uncalled for.
  • Options
    sorry to hear it man, i agree, when the shit hits the fan, it really hits the fan. A few years back I had about a 3 month period where I felt like I was just continuously topping the previous worst moment of my life. Stick with the friends and family whenever possible, I went through a period where I just kind of retreated within myself for a while, but whenever I was around my friends/family it was at least a temporary reprieve. Good luck, things always get better eventually
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787

That just ain't right. My condolences. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment. Hope things turn around for you soon.
  • Options
    i'm so so sorry dude

past few months haven't treated me well, i'm grasping for 2009 with the hope of change
    wah
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Hang in there, things will get better!

Spend Thanksgiving with some close friends if you can, that will help a lot.
    If you can't, donate your time at a shelter or food drive. It will make you feel so much better about yourself and you will help others at the same time. Thats what I did a few years ago, worked wonders for my achy insides.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to read this :(

Life can be really cruel and it often, it does all happen at once. As you say, it never rains, it pours :(

As Sprunkn7 has said, try and spend thanksgiving with friends and family and try to have fun or help others to have a good time. In a few weeks, aim to greet 2009 with a smile on your face and a new start :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    That must come close to being the shittiest 24 hours in anyone's life.

I hope December and 2009 are good for ya.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    antholini wrote:
    Piss off. No one needs comments like that.

pjoasisrule, that really sucks. Sometimes it can feel like you're destined to have your life shat on at every turn but keep your head up. I hope you catch a break really soon.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    We still need you here, pjoasisrule! Please don't leave us. :)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    That sucks dude...I'm sorry to hear this.
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    oh man sorry to hear that i hope it gets better for you soon ,it seems like it has been the worst last couple of months for like the whole country :( ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    November has been a shitty month for me as well

Stolen truck
    Aunt passed away Friday night
    Great Uncle passed away yesterday morning
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    mammasan wrote:
    November has been a shitty month for me as well

Stolen truck
    Aunt assed away Friday night
    Great Uncle passed away yesterday morning

damm dude sorry to hear about all of this bad news :( my condolences on your loss ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    damm dude sorry to hear about all of this bad news :( my condolences on your loss ...

Thanks. It hasn't been an easy few days for me.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul