Options

film: the savages

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
went to a matinee solo yesterday b/c i did NOT want to miss out on this flick in the theatre...and so glad i did! soooooooooooooo good! 2 of my most fave actors: phillip seymour hoffmann and laura linney playing brother and sister, dealing with their estranged/aging father...and all that ensues. it is NOT a *happy* movies, really quite sad/depressing....really makes you think about aging/mortality/relationships. amazingly, it does have quite a few very funny moments, quite a few poignant scens that make you want to cry....and just a whole lot of stuff that just makes you think. i really, really enjoyed the story, stellar performances....and just all-round well done flick!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809426410/info

btw - the fact that the siblings are named john and wendy :p...i just loved that. peter pan anyone?
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i havent seen it yet, but anything with Phillip Seymor Hoffman is worth seeing to me.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    MrSmith wrote:
    i havent seen it yet, but anything with Phillip Seymor Hoffman is worth seeing to me.

absolutely. i have never seen him turn in a bad performance, and even if i didn't love a film he's in...his performance always elevates whatever he's in. not to derail this thread already ;)...but see charlie wilson's war too....great hoffmann performance and a good, solid flick! btw - i actually feel quite the same about laura linney, a great actress!

i am sure when i see this film again, which of COURSE i will when it's released on dvd...i'll find even moe to love. usually do if i really like a film so much during the first viewing, as i did with this.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow