Options

Parking issues for columbia?

jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I saw something about parking issues on the last page of the columbia pre-party page, but i don't have time to look through all the pages. can anyone gimme the jist of it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    jasonw wrote:
    I saw something about parking issues on the last page of the columbia pre-party page, but i don't have time to look through all the pages. can anyone gimme the jist of it?
    you'll be fine with parking...there is parking at the venue and a parking garage near. If you're going to the saucer and park at the Colonial Center, you might have about a five minute walk to the Saucer.

BTW, I'm moving back to Wilmington July 1st. Can't wait...one of the hidden gems of the southeast.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Basically, there's not enough parking right around the Colonial Center to accomodate 18,000 people. Best advice is to get there early to make sure you've got a spot. Get there early, then walk the couple of blocks to the pre-party.

Someone posted a link for buying a space in the DOT parking garage, which is another parking option instead of the USC lots. The DOT garage allows event goers to use the middle and upper level of the garage. I don't know how much of a difference in price the USC lots versus the DOT garage is, but they should be about the same since I think the DOT contracts out with the same people that handles the USC lots.
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    pjsyco wrote:
    you'll be fine with parking...there is parking at the venue and a parking garage near. If you're going to the saucer and park at the Colonial Center, you might have about a five minute walk to the Saucer.

BTW, I'm moving back to Wilmington July 1st. Can't wait...one of the hidden gems of the southeast.

Yeah i moved down here about 2 and 1/2 years ago from PA....like it a lot