Breakfast TV!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm never awake early enough to catch any of it... but this morning I was and only put it on cos I'd been hearing sirens for a long long time and thought something was going on. So anyway, I always imagined that they'd be all bright and cheerful and the kinda people that would make you WANT to get out of bed... if only to go find the studio and shoot them all.

But I put it on and they were talking about the weather: 'yep, it really is winter out there today... cold wet and miserable' :eek: WHAT THE FUCK??? You fucking BASTARDS! As if it's not hard enough to get out of bed in the mornings as it is... why, why, WHY would they go and do something like that? Why? So that was the beginning of my absolutely crap piece of shit journey to work today :)
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=263088

i told you getting a bus to work was shit.. i slummed it today by sitting in my warm car and blasting out some gnarly tunes... i also stopped to blast my horn at a man who had an extremely old and ill looking dog
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=263088

i told you getting a bus to work was shit.. i slummed it today by sitting in my warm car and blasting out some gnarly tunes... i also stopped to blast my horn at a man who had an extremely old and ill looking dog
    it's only shit right now cos there's a lot of strikes on at the moment because the poor bus drivers have to take their breaks in the city centre rather than at the outskirts of the city or something fucking ridiculous like that. Oh and I had the Dylan soundtrack to cheer me up :)

Other than that it's great... even if you were in a car this morning, you wouldn't have been so fucking happy. Once I got on the bus, it took 30 minutes to get out of my fucking ESTATE :eek:

And I'm allowed rant... I never said I was gonna stop did I?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I'm never awake early enough to catch any of it... but this morning I was and only put it on cos I'd been hearing sirens for a long long time and thought something was going on. So anyway, I always imagined that they'd be all bright and cheerful and the kinda people that would make you WANT to get out of bed... if only to go find the studio and shoot them all.

But I put it on and they were talking about the weather: 'yep, it really is winter out there today... cold wet and miserable' :eek: WHAT THE FUCK??? You fucking BASTARDS! As if it's not hard enough to get out of bed in the mornings as it is... why, why, WHY would they go and do something like that? Why? So that was the beginning of my absolutely crap piece of shit journey to work today :)

I'm sorry about that. :sad:
  • I'm never awake early enough to catch any of it... but this morning I was and only put it on cos I'd been hearing sirens for a long long time and thought something was going on. So anyway, I always imagined that they'd be all bright and cheerful and the kinda people that would make you WANT to get out of bed... if only to go find the studio and shoot them all.

It was a weather report, they could have lied and said it was a lovely sunny day but I am sure that would have pised you off when you stepped outside with you shorts and flip flops on, only to realise that they lied to you.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • It was a weather report, they could have lied and said it was a lovely sunny day but I am sure that would have pised you off when you stepped outside with you shorts and flip flops on, only to realise that they lied to you.
    It wasn't the weather report... it was just them sitting around chatting. And once I got outside all wrapped up with my scarves and gloves... it was no worse than yesterday only the ground was wet :eek: the fuckers LIED!

Thank you mckb :o my day's got better since my journey to work thank fuck :D

And who goes out in shorts and flip flops in the middle of November? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • And who goes out in shorts and flip flops in the middle of November? :eek:

I am sure their must be some people out there who do, I still see people with no jackets on and just t shirts. Some people are crazy.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I am sure their must be some people out there who do, I still see people with no jackets on and just t shirts. Some people are crazy.
    That would be my housemate. He loves shorts a flipflops. And this morning, while I was waiting to cross the road to go to uni, there was a guy there with no shoes on! :confused: He was standing about a foot away from a broken bottle...

And I might be strange, but I love this time of year. :o I was walking home from uni in the rain smiling to myself, and kicking piles of leaves on the ground. Yes, I am actually a child. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    It wasn't the weather report... it was just them sitting around chatting. And once I got outside all wrapped up with my scarves and gloves... it was no worse than yesterday only the ground was wet :eek: the fuckers LIED!

Thank you mckb :o my day's got better since my journey to work thank fuck :D

And who goes out in shorts and flip flops in the middle of November? :eek:
    shorts and flip flops?! i was just wearing that yesterday...not to be a smart ass or anything :) but...i'm in florida, so it's different.

we they at least talking about how cold and miserable it was outside with a smile on their face?! that always gets to me...which is why i can't wake up early enough to watch those morning shows!

sucks they started your day off awful...hope it gets better!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • I am sure their must be some people out there who do, I still see people with no jackets on and just t shirts. Some people are crazy.
    :eek: and girls/women in skirts on nights out... what the fuck? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :eek: and girls/women in skirts on nights out... what the fuck? :eek:

I always have to laugh at them when they are walking along hugging themselves while struggling to walk in their too high heels, whilst I have a nice warm jacket on and comfy flat boots :)

• iamsampj wrote:
    shorts and flip flops?! i was just wearing that yesterday...not to be a smart ass or anything :) but...i'm in florida, so it's different.

we they at least talking about how cold and miserable it was outside with a smile on their face?! that always gets to me...which is why i can't wake up early enough to watch those morning shows!

sucks they started your day off awful...hope it gets better!
    thank you... it has got much better. I just wasn't a morning person today. Well I was til I turned on the telly :eek: and yep, they were bloody smiling, fuckers!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I always have to laugh at them when they are walking along hugging themselves while struggling to walk in their too high heels, whilst I have a nice warm jacket on and comfy flat boots :)
    :D I know, me too! It's bloody hilarious!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :eek: and girls/women in skirts on nights out... what the fuck? :eek:
    fuck is the operative word. I tell my friend that all the time. might as well put on a shirt that says, fuck me I wanna get laid so bad I'm in a summer cocktail dress in November.....in freaking Boston.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • fuck is the operative word. I tell my friend that all the time. might as well put on a shirt that says, fuck me I wanna get laid so bad I'm in a summer cocktail dress in November.....in freaking Boston.
    :D and it looks stupid... it may look good in the club... but when you have to hang around for 3 hours afterwards trying to get a taxi... blue really isn't a good skin colour :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • They always do that little skip walk cause they're so cold. They think they look so good too. They never get the rest of the city thinks their off their minds.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • They always do that little skip walk cause they're so cold. They think they look so good too. They never get the rest of the city thinks their off their minds.
    :D I get cold just looking at them. Ah well though, if that's what they feel like they need to do in order to get attention, there's obviously deeper issues than being cold :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Hahaha

When my folks were living in North Carolina (decent winters) for some reason the only radio station my mom could get was out of Cincinatti, Ohio (fuck balls cold winters).

My mom hated it, because even though the weather was fine where she was, the radio always started her day talking about how miserable it was going to be.

We like turning on the TV for our pets before we leave. At 7 Animal Planet starts this 'Sunrise Earth' show and I love it. It's airings of the peaceful (and very sunny and warm looking) ways areas of the earth start the day.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Hahaha

When my folks were living in North Carolina (decent winters) for some reason the only radio station my mom could get was out of Cincinatti, Ohio (fuck balls cold winters).

My mom hated it, because even though the weather was fine where she was, the radio always started her day talking about how miserable it was going to be.

We like turning on the TV for our pets before we leave. At 7 Animal Planet starts this 'Sunrise Earth' show and I love it. It's airings of the peaceful (and very sunny and warm looking) ways areas of the earth start the day.
    awww... that sounds nice :) I swear these tv people love pissing everyone off... just cos they're up so early and miserable :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm never awake early enough to catch any of it... but this morning I was and only put it on cos I'd been hearing sirens for a long long time and thought something was going on. So anyway, I always imagined that they'd be all bright and cheerful and the kinda people that would make you WANT to get out of bed... if only to go find the studio and shoot them all.

Aren't you the one who had the thread talking about how blessed and lucky you were awhile back?

For someone so blessed and lucky, you sure have a lot to complain about....people's eating habits, obnoxious gay people, breakfast TV, etc., etc.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Almost forgot about the smelly office people thread, too...
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 wrote:
    Aren't you the one who had the thread talking about how blessed and lucky you were awhile back?

For someone so blessed and lucky, you sure have a lot to complain about....people's eating habits, obnoxious gay people, breakfast TV, etc., etc.
    did you actually READ that thread? :rolleyes: I said I know I complain a good bit but that stuff fades into the background.

If people don't make threads you'd have nothing to reply to and complain about, would ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    If people don't make threads you'd have nothing to reply to and complain about, would ya?

And if Irish people weren't so shit, you'd have nothing to complain about :p

The world is FUCKED!

If its that crew on TV3 that yer on about I'd love to punch them in the face with a toaster! luckily I'm not delusional enough to watch tv at that hour of the morning :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    And if Irish people weren't so shit, you'd have nothing to complain about :p

The world is FUCKED!

If its that crew on TV3 that yer on about I'd love to punch them in the face with a toaster! luckily I'm not delusional enough to watch tv at that hour of the morning :D
    :D Yep it's them fuckers!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    :eek: and girls/women in skirts on nights out... what the fuck? :eek:
    Hah! Having run the gauntlet of Broad St on a Saturday night, I can say it's UNBELIEVABLE the amount of women wearing next to nothing!
    I mean, some girls were wearing the amount of material needed for one dress between three of them!

There's me n my friends wearing jackets and scarves and huddling together for warmth amongst all these chicks wearing very little...I was cold, they must have been freezing.

Then I see on the TV that the miniskirt is coming back as winter fashion....:eek:
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Hah! Having run the gauntlet of Broad St on a Saturday night, I can say it's UNBELIEVABLE the amount of women wearing next to nothing!
    I mean, some girls were wearing the amount of material needed for one dress between three of them!

There's me n my friends wearing jackets and scarves and huddling together for warmth amongst all these chicks wearing very little...I was cold, they must have been freezing.

Then I see on the TV that the miniskirt is coming back as winter fashion....:eek:
    :eek: Please tell me it's with thick black tights and thigh high boots :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    :eek: Please tell me it's with thick black tights and thigh high boots :eek:

Nope...Sheer tights or bare legs...and high, high heels....:eek:

Hypothermia here we come.....:o
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    If its that crew on TV3 that yer on about I'd love to punch them in the face with a toaster!

i salute you on your comedic post Jennalicious... it made me larf.

i almost spat out my pancreas onto my keyboard. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    i salute you on your comedic post Jennalicious... it made me larf.

i almost spat out my pancreas onto my keyboard. :)

hahaha... that's some compliment coming from the only person in Scotland with a sense of humour :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Nope...Sheer tights or bare legs...and high, high heels....:eek:

Hypothermia here we come.....:o
    hahahaa... here YOU come... you're on yer own with that one :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love