Letting Go of... Stuff...

2»

Comments

• sennin wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I brought that leaf home for you from Yellowstone. That's no maple leaf. ;)

Christ! and I thought I was a Canadian!

I'll show that to the INS when they come to deport me...

I can't go to Canada...

I don't even know what a Maple Leaf looks like :p
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    only if a box of brownies with no nuts arrive by 11.22. ;) hahaha.

man, what a memory we collectively have eh? makes me appreciate/realize....just how long i know you and many others here....and sure, the connections made......and *stuff* accumulated.

i hope you still have your silver maple leaf ornament. :) i like to think of all the ornaments, magnets, etc...i've given friends over the years.....and hope they remember me in some small way when they decorate their tree, look at their fridge :p, hahaha......etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you flew out for the Gorge show I had a brownie, a diet pepsi and some Mike's Hard Lemonade in the cooler for you. ;)

:p
  • sennin wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you flew out for the Gorge show I had a brownie, a diet pepsi and some Mike's Hard Lemonade in the cooler for you.

i don't recall a brownie? :o
    i DO remember the mikes tho, very sweet indeed.....and yea, diet pepsi? i believe THAT was for a certain SENROCK! :D i am a diet coke girl. but sure, i felt loved.

btw - your PM box is full.

and yes jams, you're looney, :p made me think *I* was losing it, b/c i was pretty certain i sent a silver maple leaf b/c of the 'canuck connection'....hahaha. i DO however have a few leaves like the one david got you, so was thinking.....hmmmm. leave it to the younger man to set the old ladies straight. ;) hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

i don't recall a brownie? :o
    i DO remember the mikes tho, very sweet indeed.....and yea, diet pepsi? i believe THAT was for a certain SENROCK! :D i am a diet coke girl. but sure, i felt loved.

and yes jams, you're looney, made me think *I* was losing it, b/c i was pretty certain i sent a silver maple leaf b/c of the 'canuck connection'....hahaha. i DO however have a few leaves like the one david got you, so was thinking.....hmmmm. leave it to the younger man to set the old ladies straight. ;) hahaha.

HAHA! Maybe! :p

I must be old now. :p
  • sennin wrote:
    HAHA! Maybe! :p

I must be old now. :p

or to keep on topic...we all just have too much *stuff* physically and mentally.......

it's not the world that is heavy, it's the things that you save. ;)

there's an appropriate pj quote for just about everything, eh? :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i don't recall a brownie? :o

and yes jams, you're looney, :p made me think *I* was losing it, b/c i was pretty certain i sent a silver maple leaf b/c of the 'canuck connection'....hahaha. i DO however have a few leaves like the one david got you, so was thinking.....hmmmm. leave it to the younger man to set the old ladies straight. ;) hahaha.

haha...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!

I was getting all jealous...

Brownie *pouts* ... Mikes *pouts* ... Diet Pepsi *pouts*

I didn't get anything in the cooler... *LAUGHS HER ASS OFF*

haha...

Thank you for setting the record straight dreamn :p
    she lets go
    jamainiac wrote:
    haha...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!

haha...

I'm sure I brought something for you! Something? :p
  • jamainiac wrote:
    haha...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!

haha...

yea well i think you got something else. ;) hahahahahaha.
    i seriously can't remember now about the brownie or not? :o seems david isn't much better memory-wise either. and laura hsn't been around in AGES to set all our arses straight. :p but, since he DID remember the mike's lights....and still has the post-it.....we'll just alter the memory banks and put the brownie in there, b/c it is sweet. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Earthgirl wrote:
    im finally letting go of the 10 boxes of my parents things that have been stored in my basement since they passed away. I have kept things that have meaning.. pics and family antiques.. but the rest of it was just sitting there and I think I was just holding on to it because I felt if I gave it away I was giving a part of them away.. and that was betraying them.
    I feel good finally letting go. sigh.

back to the matter at hand...

Yes... I know how it feels to let go of 'material objects' that have significant meaning to us... but that in the grand scheme of things... really need to be let go of...

I know it's hard to do ... but often the catharsis we need...

I think to truly 'feel' pieces of those who leave this world before we do... carried inside of us... is the best way we can 'hang on' to what they left behind... I call mine my 'HeartPocket'... and it's filled with wonderful bits and pieces of memories... of people I have loved and lost...
    she lets go
  • sennin wrote:
    I'm sure I brought something for you! Something? :p
    yea well i think you got something else. hahahahahaha.

:rolleyes:

a couple of commedians you two are...

:p
    she lets go
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    3 unfinished poetry projects started in 2006 are all thrown into the recyle bin outside my apartment as of this 9am this morning. Yippee!!!

My poetic life has changed quite a bit since I started to blog; less need for paper, more journaling than writing poetry. Crazy I tell you.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    3 unfinished poetry projects started in 2006 are all thrown into the recyle bin outside my apartment as of this 9am this morning. Yippee!!!

My poetic life has changed quite a bit since I started to blog; less need for paper, more journaling than writing poetry. Crazy I tell you.

Good for you... Sometimes the 'things' we cling so desperately to ... are the very things that hold us down...

Blog away... :)
    she lets go