Any Atlanta Fans?

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok...I'm not a big NBA fan at all but I have some interest in the Atlanta Hawks because I spent time with the team & Dominique Wilkins when I was a youngster. My question is.....what is with those new HIDEOUS uniforms and colors?? The red and gold was sick and stood out amongst the rest of the league. I always thought the "Hawks" was the coolest nickname but no longer do they have sharp colors.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• had a feeling not many other people were nba or hawks fans
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'm I guess I fan in that I sometimes go to hawks games.

I like Josh Smith, I like the new picks Law and Horford.... they totally screwed up not getting Chris Paul and taking Marvin Williams who is only now scoring double digits.

Joe Johnson is awesome, but they need more consistancy.

The uniforms, were changed... "to spice things up"
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Wait... We have an NBA team in Atlanta?

I thought they left town in the 90's?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The new uni's are nice, but I agree in that they lost some of their uniqueness and now look like a bunch of other teams in both color and style. And the alternate logo looks like a straight ripoff of Louisville or Ball State, your pick. The team's better this year, but it doesn't take much to hang in the East. Alas here's a link to a more better time for the Hawks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfXYyCJYY40