Drinking Johnnie Walker Black

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Doesn't get much better than this, especially after a bottle of red ;)..anyone else enjoying their Thursday night?
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    how you drinking it? neat, rocks, coke?
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Lanegan7Lanegan7 Posts: 124
    what does it taste like?
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    stylo17 wrote:
    how you drinking it? neat, rocks, coke?

Just one ice cube buddy to release the gorgeous flavors of the black label..:)
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Blue is where it's at.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Haven't gotten in to the scotch yet, but I love Canadian whiskey and Irish whiskey ... my favs are Jameson 18 year old and Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve. On the rocks. Nothing beats it.

Awesome, and you have a lot to look forward to ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Songburst wrote:
    Blue is where it's at.

if you don't mind breaking the bank. Personally I prefer Gold, I feel that Blue tastes too much like the wood barrel it matures in.

I haven't had Black in a while. I do love some Jack though. Maybe I'll have some Black with the family now during the holidays.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    might hit some up soon

45 mins to go at work on this friday afternoon :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Songburst wrote:
    Blue is where it's at.

Uhhh, came across this at Thanksgiving as my sister's new boyfriend brought it over....I was already drunk and didn't know what I was doing..but it turns out my dad and I were taking shot after shot of blue....I feel so dirty now....and naked..oh man, over $200 per 750ml for the blue and almost wasted :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    The Champ wrote:
    Uhhh, came across this at Thanksgiving as my sister's new boyfriend brought it over....I was already drunk and didn't know what I was doing..but it turns out my dad and I were taking shot after shot of blue....I feel so dirty now....and naked..oh man, over $200 per 750ml for the blue and almost wasted :)..
    Ah well. It really is a rare treat. I treat my liquor cabinet to a bottle every couple of years.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Ah well. It really is a rare treat. I treat my liquor cabinet to a bottle every couple of years.

Cheers in health! I will sip a glass of the remaining blue this weekend over at my Dad's place in honor of his birthday ;)...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i just wrapped up my fun thursday night. nothing but fancy beer...as the bar i was at doesn't serve liquor. but my chocolate stout and hoegaarden were quite delicious regardless :D pair that with multiple rounds of fooseball while in heels and it was entertaining to say the least!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    iamsampj wrote:
    i just wrapped up my fun thursday night. nothing but fancy beer...as the bar i was at doesn't serve liquor. but my chocolate stout and hoegaarden were quite delicious regardless :D pair that with multiple rounds of fooseball while in heels and it was entertaining to say the least!!

lol..sounds like quite the night....Hoegaarden is a great beer but a chocolate stout I have to say I've yet to try....heels are always fun no doubt..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    The Champ wrote:
    lol..sounds like quite the night....Hoegaarden is a great beer but a chocolate stout I have to say I've yet to try....heels are always fun no doubt..
    it was a friend's bday, so it was a good time...complete with eating a little bit of cake in the middle of the bar!

the choco stout is yummy. i know they sell an organic version at whole foods that's always been a fav of mine :) i highly recommend it if you like dark beer.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    The Champ wrote:
    Cheers in health! I will sip a glass of the remaining blue this weekend over at my Dad's place in honor of his birthday ;)...
    Blue?

My fancy over here. :D

I ordered a double JW Black (on rocks) at the hotel bar last night...to take up to my room. I look over to see the score of the game look back and the bartender basically poured me like 12 oz! He's like "Now THAT is a drink". I was like "uh, ok". He charged me $7!! I gave him $15! What a guy. I feel a little crappy today though. LOL!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I've only had JW Red and Black. I've never tried the Gold or Blue.

I'm am not a scotch expert but my favorite so far has been the Mccallen 18. At 120 bucks a bottle though it is not like i drink it much. On occasion when i feel like splurging i'll drop the 20 bucks it cost at the bar for a neat glass with a good cigar.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • There is an old saying that goes, "grapes and grain, don't mix."

Must be careful or you might lose a day to sickness.
    Hold On
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Johnnie Walker!! proper whisky!! thank god you're not drinking that poor imitation Irish shite that they try and call whiskey ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    My friend is big on johnnie walker. I've had every single kind they make. To be honest, they are all damn good, so it doesn't matter to me which one I have. The only one that isn't that good is red. If I had to pick one I would probably say green.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I'm more of a bourbon fan....loooove Woodford.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    The Champ wrote:
    Doesn't get much better than this, especially after a bottle of red ;)..anyone else enjoying their Thursday night?

come on pass it this way. tis friday night here in the land of oz, ive finished my first bottle of merlot and im nowhere near where i want to be. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Songburst wrote:

I used to work for a liquorstore and when the packaging got damaged in shipping, we couldn't sell the product so we were free to take it home then because it couldn't be sold.

No one else wanted the JW Blue but me so i ended up with like 6 bottles last christmas!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I used to work for a liquorstore and when the packaging got damaged in shipping, we couldn't sell the product so we were free to take it home then because it couldn't be sold.

No one else wanted the JW Blue but me so i ended up with like 6 bottles last christmas!

and where is it you live? ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Lucky bastid.
  • and where is it you live? ;):D

I could tell ya...but it doesn't matter anymore. I gave it all except for one bottle away with christmas gifts. :)

But you could still pop over for some holiday cheer, i spose!
  • Lucky bastid.

haha, yes. Then i got pregnant and pissy that i can't drink it anyway. :rolleyes:
  • I actually prefer JW green label over blue or gold. It still suprises mw JW doesn't make a single malt. If you like JW black, give Dewars 12 year a try...very good.
    haha, yes. Then i got pregnant and pissy that i can't drink it anyway. :rolleyes:

Ah, so you're not a bastid...just a whore!!! :D
  • Ah, so you're not a bastid...just a whore!!! :D

That too :D
  • Gremmie95 wrote:
    I actually prefer JW green label over blue or gold. It still suprises mw JW doesn't make a single malt. If you like JW black, give Dewars 12 year a try...very good.
    I concur - Dewars 12 is great...

and i drink it neat. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't think I can touch Johnnie again after I drank a bottle of Red in a couple of hours on top of 4 pints and had a 48 hour hangover.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"