Options

how strict is no transfers?

grungejunkygrungejunky Posts: 49
edited June 2008 in The Porch
weird question that i never thought i'd be asking but how strict is the ten club about their no transfers policy? my dad was hospitalized yesterday and it looks really unlikely for me to attend camden I, and maybe even II. Is it even worth calling to try to transfer my seats to another fan club member attending with a lower number? or even telling the employees to give my tickets to the lowest number member at the show? i'm incredibly bummed that i likely won't be able to make it. its the one thing that would lift my spirits the most. has anyone had any experience with this?
the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    or even telling the employees to give my tickets to the lowest number member at the show? ihas anyone had any experience with this?

do that. let them know so they can do some good with them. sorry you have to eat the tickets and sorry to hear about your dad, take care.

no transfers means no transfers this tour. strict.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your father.
    I was able to successfuly do a transfer several years ago when something work-related came up.
    Something came up again this time for next week at MSG and they replied to my query very nicely but firmly "NO". They said that if I was unable to attend they might give my tickets to a fan with a number worse than mine.

Good luck and the best to your father.
  • Options
    thanks for your consolation and input. my dad is actually doing well and if all goes according to plan could be out on friday afternoon. i need to be here for my mom though. if i can't make it, i'll definately be letting them know so that the seats aren't empty. as bad as it feels to miss out, i'd feel worst being selfish enough to not get them to someone.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,561
    weird question that i never thought i'd be asking but how strict is the ten club about their no transfers policy? my dad was hospitalized yesterday and it looks really unlikely for me to attend camden I, and maybe even II. Is it even worth calling to try to transfer my seats to another fan club member attending with a lower number? or even telling the employees to give my tickets to the lowest number member at the show? i'm incredibly bummed that i likely won't be able to make it. its the one thing that would lift my spirits the most. has anyone had any experience with this?

the policy is air-tight. unused tix are allocated to concert-goers sitting in shitty seats who are upgraded with the 10C tix that haven't been picked up,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249

I almost experienced this yesterday by not going to VA Beach. I changed my flight late at the last minute and still got a poster. My grandmother passed away Late Saturday evening. I attended her viewing yesterday and then got my flight changed to VA Beach from DC from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Even though your father is hospitalized its best to be with your father at all times. I would call 10C 1-800 number to find out for sure.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.