Options

What's wrong with happy people?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited June 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been sucked in to this years big brother :o and there are a few members of the house who try to overlook all the bullshit but they just get accused by the others (the ones with a gameplan cos they're obviously jealous) of being fake and having a gameplan. So it got me thinking, since when is it unpopular to be happy? What the fuck's wrong with happy people? :o
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I've been sucked in to this years big brother :o and there are a few members of the house who try to overlook all the bullshit but they just get accused by the others (the ones with a gameplan cos they're obviously jealous) of being fake and having a gameplan. So it got me thinking, since when is it unpopular to be happy? What the fuck's wrong with happy people? :o
    Because not everyone of us is a happy person. Therefore, as you already alluded to, we're jealous. Well, I'm not jealous, you guys have fun with your stoopid, "happiness". :)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    I don't know if it's because of politicians, or preachers, or what but I find that I'm always suspicious of overly happy people. I always think "can someone REALLY be that happy all the time?" Then I convince myself that they can't be, so then I wonder what's up with the act - why do they want me to think they're something they aren't? Are they trying to make me like them because they want something from me? I just don't trust it. More often than not, happy people are more trouble than they're worth...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    It's like that old phrase: "Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to." I don't trust 'em. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    It's like that old phrase: "Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to." I don't trust 'em. :p

Brilliant!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    You should see the new Mike Leigh movie. The central character is so happy, it's positively annoying.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

never mind the grumpy people...

i was out on a leaving do on friday night and the guy who is leaving told me that one thing he'll miss is the laughter in our office... he said its sad that barely anybody else in our office laughs or cracks jokes.

i laugh (and try to make folks laugh) all the time.

i dont care if its annoying to be happy... i'm mega happy all the time.... any guy with a hot wife and a 11inch willy should be happy... way too many sad sacks in life... christ, there is way too many of them just on here...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    I don't know if it's because of politicians, or preachers, or what but I find that I'm always suspicious of overly happy people. I always think "can someone REALLY be that happy all the time?" Then I convince myself that they can't be, so then I wonder what's up with the act - why do they want me to think they're something they aren't? Are they trying to make me like them because they want something from me? I just don't trust it. More often than not, happy people are more trouble than they're worth...
    :D do ya ever think it's just cos some people would rather be happy than miserable? I'm not happy ALL the time... I can be a grumpy bitch when I WANT to be... but most of the time I'm pretty fucking happy :) and if I'm not happy (but not in the mood to be grumpy either) I MAKE myself be happy... sometimes it can take some effort... but the end result is worth it. I'm not happy cos I want YOU to think of me in a certain way... or cos I want something from you... or cos I want to cause trouble... but simply cos it's just more fun to have a positive outlook on life... and happiness can be contagious :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    fock do I know what's wrong with happy people.. I've gotten so much shit for being happy. :rolleyes:

it's the grumpy and mega-negative people that piss me off! :mad:

:p

I don't get all the negativity towards generally happy people either. I'm not always happy but when I am.. why should I not be? :confused:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    :D do ya ever think it's just cos some people would rather be happy than miserable? I'm not happy ALL the time... I can be a grumpy bitch when I WANT to be... but most of the time I'm pretty fucking happy :) and if I'm not happy (but not in the mood to be grumpy either) I MAKE myself be happy... sometimes it can take some effort... but the end result is worth it. I'm not happy cos I want YOU to think of me in a certain way... or cos I want something from you... or cos I want to cause trouble... but simply cos it's just more fun to have a positive outlook on life... and happiness can be contagious :D

I agree happiness can be contagious.
    I think what's annoying is when it's a forced happiness (as in I am putting up a happy smile so everyone thinks my life is perfect and I am a ray of sunshine and bubbly love), and not genuine happy.

Genuinely happy people rock. :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    fock do I know what's wrong with happy people.. I've gotten so much shit for being happy. :rolleyes:

it's the grumpy and mega-negative people that piss me off! :mad:

:p

I don't get all the negativity towards generally happy people either. I'm not always happy but when I am.. why should I not be? :confused:

Don't worry. Be happy.
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Don't worry. Be happy.

thanks, now I've got that song stuck on my head. :rolleyes:

:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    :... and happiness can be contagious :D

So you're saying you're happy because you want ME to be happy? I KNEW there was a catch - checkmate!

I kid. I am happy that you're so happy. :)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    thanks, now I've got that song stuck on my head. :rolleyes:

:D

I remember I had to play that song in a school musical thingy. Which meant about three weeks of constantly rehearsing it so everyone knew their parts, and five nights of actually playing it. Worse than being shot in the ribs, I tells ya. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    So you're saying you're happy because you want ME to be happy? I KNEW there was a catch - checkmate!

I kid. I am happy that you're so happy. :)
    :D No... what I mean is nobody wants to be around someone who's miserable all the time? I feed off people who are happy and high energy... and I seem to be happier when I'm around them.

Now see... I'm happy that you're happy that I'm so happy :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I remember I had to play that song in a school musical thingy. Which meant about three weeks of constantly rehearsing it so everyone knew their parts, and five nights of actually playing it. Worse than being shot in the ribs, I tells ya. :p

Now that's torture. :D
  • Options

dang! that sounds like it was worse than getting a paintball smack-dab in the middle of the back of your head! (been there, done that :p ) :eek:

the worst part about the song (when you don't particularly want to hear it) is that it goes on FOREVER!
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    dang! that sounds like it was worse than getting a paintball smack-dab in the middle of the back of your head! (been there, done that :p ) :eek:

the worst part about the song (when you don't particularly want to hear it) is that it goes on FOREVER!

I actually liked it at the start of the three weeks. By the end of the month, happiness was the last thing the song was inspiring. :p But there's an excellent irony there, so I guess I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    the friggin song is stuck in me head too...
  • Options
    I actually liked it at the start of the three weeks. By the end of the month, happiness was the last thing the song was inspiring. :p But there's an excellent irony there, so I guess I can't complain too much.

haha. how brave and sensible of you to appreciate the irony over the delight of bitching and moaning about the song. :D

the first times one hears that particular song it's excellent, very cute in it's positivity.. but when one gets overexposed to said song it's infuriating.

also, it's a great hit at (many) karaoke places, you know, the kind of song everybody wants to sing but they only remember the "don't worry, be happy" part.
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    the friggin song is stuck in me head too...

you've only got yourself to blame. :p
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    you've only got yourself to blame. :p

That's the worst part. :p
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    I'll never be happy until everyone is happy.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    I'll never be happy until everyone is happy.
    BUT there's bound to be at least one other person with the same point of view. How the fuck is THAT gonna work out for the two of yas? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    "I have been to the land of happy. What a bore."
    -Shel Silverstein
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I just think people are skeptical and jaded. I tend to envy very optimistic people...I want to know there secret..lol. I don't think Im very pesstimistic I'd like to think Im a realist.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    BUT there's bound to be at least one other person with the same point of view. How the fuck is THAT gonna work out for the two of yas? :eek:

I'm hoping it's a very beautiful she, I'll marry her, and live in agony forever! :D
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    I just think people are skeptical and jaded. I tend to envy very optimistic people...I want to know there secret..lol. I don't think Im very pesstimistic I'd like to think Im a realist.
    well sometimes it can be difficult... or I start thinking badly about stuff... but there is usually some way of turning it around into a potential positive situation!

Perhaps it helps that I've been in a situation where everything could and should have very easily been turned upside down. Having a chance to make decisions and live life the way i want to is a gift. And one I hope I never take for granted again!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:

Colour me cynical. :D But in a strange way, I derive a lot of joy from being so damn bitter.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    I'm hoping it's a very beautiful she, I'll marry her, and live in agony forever! :D
    :) there are plenty of beautiful yet miserable women out there... I really hope you find yours ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Colour me cynical. :D But in a strange way, I derive a lot of joy from being so damn bitter.

lol...well I stay in the middle...figure if something bad happens I don't get too depressed and if something real good happens Im like, nice. Right now Im more bitter then I'd care to be.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.