your "WTF?!" moment of the day!!!

SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
we all have a point in our day where it doesnt MAKE it OR ruin it. There IS that time in a day where somn happens either random or totally stoopid and it forces you to get the puzzled look and just say "WHAT THE F***?!" so lets hear it!

Today mine was seeing a pretty maculine guy driving a SMALL FORD with PLENTY of room to back out of his parking space. I was a distance away in a BIG CHEVY TRUCK and easily maneuvered my way thru. HIM? He was doing the austin powers ten point turn!!! IN A BIG SPACE!!!! he couldnt even back up STRAIT!!! he was all big and muscular and couldnt even drive! i looked at him and thought WHAT THE F***?!!!! :eek: :D
~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    my dad's still in the nursing home, Sen
    and I went up there b/c they called me that he tried to answer the phone and fell out of bed :eek:
    Thankfully he is ok

so then I'm trying to ascertain what is the discharge plan, cause he's just like laying there, IMO so that they can snatch his $

and the problem is that he can't go to the bathroom himself and
    I was nicely asking his nurse about did he have a urology consult

and this chick (and she was the one in charge) was all like "well he saw the urologist but he (my dad) says he's not ready for foley (cathether)"

AND THEY JUST LISTENED TO HIM, they didn't try to encourage him to consider it, b/c that possibly means he could GO HOME. :eek:
    I got a supervisor up there so fast it was beyond comprehension,

and, then, wait for it
    my dad was mad at ME and said I was crazy and started yelling at me.
    He believes the social worker there over me
    (and I'm also a social worker btw)
    and thinks he can go to another nursing home closer to where he lives
    when I've spoken to the admissions director who won't take him b/c he doesn't have the insurance coverage for it

so not only did I have the what the.... look on my face,
    I was like beyond that.
    like so beyond.

Aaah, thank you for allowing me to vent. Much better.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    that is CRAZINESS!!!! i was not aware of your dadds situation allie, im sorry. all that would DEFINITELY give me the WTF?! look!!!
    THINK POSITIVE-things will get better! :)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Allie wrote:
    my dad's still in the nursing home, Sen
    and I went up there b/c they called me that he tried to answer the phone and fell out of bed :eek:
    Thankfully he is ok

so then I'm trying to ascertain what is the discharge plan, cause he's just like laying there, IMO so that they can snatch his $

and the problem is that he can't go to the bathroom himself and
    I was nicely asking his nurse about did he have a urology consult

and this chick (and she was the one in charge) was all like "well he saw the urologist but he (my dad) says he's not ready for foley (cathether)"

AND THEY JUST LISTENED TO HIM, they didn't try to encourage him to consider it, b/c that possibly means he could GO HOME. :eek:
    I got a supervisor up there so fast it was beyond comprehension,

and, then, wait for it
    my dad was mad at ME and said I was crazy and started yelling at me.
    He believes the social worker there over me
    (and I'm also a social worker btw)
    and thinks he can go to another nursing home closer to where he lives
    when I've spoken to the admissions director who won't take him b/c he doesn't have the insurance coverage for it

so not only did I have the what the.... look on my face,
    I was like beyond that.
    like so beyond.

Aaah, thank you for allowing me to vent. Much better.
    Sorry to hear that Allie. I hope he gets better...I know what it's like. My grandmother is in an 'assisted living' home and it has been tough. Bad meals, bad service - dont get old :(
    SENROCK! wrote:
    that is CRAZINESS!!!! i was not aware of your dadds situation allie, im sorry. all that would DEFINITELY give me the WTF?! look!!!
    THINK POSITIVE-things will get better! :)
    thanks Sen
    Hope I didn't 'derail' your thread! :eek!: I didn't mean to!
    I sound like Negative Allie
    and then it's like, what is that movie, I know I'm right and everyone's acting like I'm the one tripping?!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Sorry to hear that Allie. I hope he gets better...I know what it's like. My grandmother is in an 'assisted living' home and it has been tough. Bad meals, bad service - dont get old :(

:eek:
    thanks
    Sorry about your Grandma too.

I agree, I'm afraid to get old now :(

And the place smells like poop too. Ugh.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    we all have a point in our day where it doesnt MAKE it OR ruin it. There IS that time in a day where somn happens either random or totally stoopid and it forces you to get the puzzled look and just say .... so lets hear it!

Today mine was seeing a pretty maculine guy driving a SMALL FORD with PLENTY of room to back out of his parking space. I was a distance away in a BIG CHEVY TRUCK and easily maneuvered my way thru. HIM? He was doing the austin powers ten point turn!!! IN A BIG SPACE!!!! he couldnt even back up STRAIT!!! he was all big and muscular and couldnt even drive!
    btw this is pretty funny
    Sen

a really good friend of mine recently told me he no longer has the Jeep Grand Cherokee he used to drive
    he got a Honda. Hybrid :(
    <sigh>

I had the online 'wt....' look ;)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    thanks Sen
    Hope I didn't 'derail' your thread! :eek!: I didn't mean to!
    I sound like Negative Allie
    and then it's like, what is that movie, I know I'm right and everyone's acting like I'm the one tripping?!

no derailment whatsoever!!! your event of the day gave you the WTF?! look so its ALL GOOD! :D

• I work a retail job on the weekends in Edmonton. I'm at work this afternoon and this guy comes in with a PJ hoodie on. I said, "You're a Pearl Jam fan! Me too! Actually, i'm going to DC and NYC to see them." He said, "Really? I'm going to NYC and Hartford."

I'm pretty sure we both gave each other a WTF look because it's not often that you randomly meet another crazed fan.

It was a wtf moment but it made my insides smile too :)
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I work a retail job on the weekends in Edmonton. I'm at work this afternoon and this guy comes in with a PJ hoodie on. I said, "You're a Pearl Jam fan! Me too! Actually, i'm going to DC and NYC to see them." He said, "Really? I'm going to NYC and Hartford."

I'm pretty sure we both gave each other a WTF look because it's not often that you randomly meet another crazed fan.

It was a wtf moment but it made my insides smile too :)
    yay!!!! thats a GOOD "WTF?!" moment!!! :D

• Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    it's too nerdy for some folks...
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Slip Kid wrote:
    it's too nerdy for some folks...

WTF
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    What the hell?
    Slip Kid wrote:
    What the hell?
    well lets hear yout WTF?! moment man!!!!!!

..... Restarted my macbook and I didn't hear the chime. I restarted and again nothing

......turns out the volume wasn't turned on
    Slip Kid wrote:
    ..... Restarted my macbook and I didn't hear the chime. I restarted and again nothing

......turns out the volume wasn't turned on
    WHAT THE F***?!!! :D

yeah not much of a moment

just annoying as hell
  • Oooh, here's another...one from tonight.

I was making shortbread cookies with chocolate in the centre. I was pushing the chocolate kisses in the cookie and i couldn't figure out why it wasn't melting into the cookie like it's supposed to.

...turns out, i hadn't actually baked them. The oven wasn't even on while they were in there. The cookie wasn't warm so the chocolate wouldn't melt! :rolleyes:

WTF? I felt like a moron.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Oooh, here's another...one from tonight.

I was making shortbread cookies with chocolate in the centre. I was pushing the chocolate kisses in the cookie and i couldn't figure out why it wasn't melting into the cookie like it's supposed to.

...turns out, i hadn't actually baked them. The oven wasn't even on while they were in there. The cookie wasn't warm so the chocolate wouldn't melt! :rolleyes:

WTF? I felt like a moron.

That Canadian weed is pretty good eh? :D
    NERDS!
  • That Canadian weed is pretty good eh? :D

BC bud is the best! ;)
    Krisdababe wrote:
    BC bud is the best! ;)

Some kid on Granville st. will be stoked with what I left on the street corner before I came home ;)
    NERDS!
  • Some kid on Granville st. will be stoked with what I left on the street corner before I came home ;)

It's really a shame that you can't cross the border with it. I suppose you CAN...i'm just too much of a pussy :o
    my WTF moment just happened: Our security guard for our building was rocking out to Duran Duran and maximum pc speaker levels :D
    NERDS!
  • my WTF moment just happened: Our security guard for our building was rocking out to Duran Duran and maximum pc speaker levels :D

So? I'm not getting the WTFness. heh :D

Nevermind. I'm still enjoying my cookies up here...
    my WTF moment just happened: Our security guard for our building was rocking out to Duran Duran and maximum pc speaker levels :D
    but what song was it, SoS? Hungry Like the Wolf? Rio!?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    seeing the highlight of tim duncan hitting that three - incredible stuff.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    ok...i don't know if this will translate in it's "wtf" amazingness on here, but i will try.

at work we are doing a promotion of sorts...we have a series of stickers created by various artists that we're handing out for free, with a coupon to get a discount on our website. anywho...some of them are pretty clever and random - "vote" in van halen-style logo, "voters do it in the booth", "pro-voice", etc.

one of my cashiers was ringing up a girl, around 16-17, who was asking about the stickers. he explained it all, that they were free, and that the best one of all was the one that said "every time you don't vote, a kitten dies" (it has a sweet pic of a cute little kitten too). she looks at him, dead serious, and says "that really happens". to which he and i both responded with a very serious "yes...yes kittens do die." WTF??!!! how stupid can a person be?? then she goes on to say how she doesn't understand what cats and voting have to do with one another.

i banned her forever from my store...for being an idiot! okay, maybe not...but i wish i could have. after she left the store...and we made sure she was very much gone...we both looked at each other and cracked up laughing! it made my night :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    Allie wrote:
    but what song was it, SoS? Hungry Like the Wolf? Rio!?

The Reflex :D
    NERDS!
    iamsampj wrote:
    ok...i don't know if this will translate in it's "wtf" amazingness on here, but i will try.

at work we are doing a promotion of sorts...we have a series of stickers created by various artists that we're handing out for free, with a coupon to get a discount on our website. anywho...some of them are pretty clever and random - "vote" in van halen-style logo, "voters do it in the booth", "pro-voice", etc.

one of my cashiers was ringing up a girl, around 16-17, who was asking about the stickers. he explained it all, that they were free, and that the best one of all was the one that said "every time you don't vote, a kitten dies" (it has a sweet pic of a cute little kitten too). she looks at him, dead serious, and says "that really happens". to which he and i both responded with a very serious "yes...yes kittens do die." WTF??!!! how stupid can a person be?? then she goes on to say how she doesn't understand what cats and voting have to do with one another.

i banned her forever from my store...for being an idiot! okay, maybe not...but i wish i could have. after she left the store...and we made sure she was very much gone...we both looked at each other and cracked up laughing! it made my night :)

At least you didn't tell her about this :D
    NERDS!
    The Reflex :D
    LOL!! I think that made my night..! Ok that's not cool, it's not even 'good' Duran Duran, if there can be such a thing.

Wild boys was ok. too...

<I am now singing the Reflex in my head>
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    At least you didn't tell her about this :D
    that would've made her cry for sure ;)

i love the "domo" characters chasing the kitten.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.