Options

Can I Frame My Dusseldorf for $175(decent)

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,183
edited March 2008 in The Porch
First off I was able to score MSG 1 Tix, I planned on both, but hey 1 outta 2 is Great considering all the stress. I left enough money on my debit card for 2 shows. MSG 2 I will get tix some other way.So with my remaining $175, can I get a decent frame job for My Dusseldorf.I was thinking of going after work today, since I am in a good PJ mood.Any Suggestions? I live on Long Island, so any Long Island Jammers who could point me in the right direction
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I'd say get a frame and mat @ http://www.AmericanFrame.com, and then go get yourself a nice piece of glass locally.

Mats at frame shops are ridiculous! I just bought 2 mats at AF for $21. Acid free, the whole 9 yards. I went to my local frame shop earlier that day to buy the 2 mats and they wanted $42....EACH! You can get a nice frame and 2 mats from AF for $50, then all you have to get is a piece of glass.
  • Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    sennin wrote:
    I'd say get a frame and mat @ http://www.AmericanFrame.com, and then go get yourself a nice piece of glass locally.

Mats at frame shops are ridiculous! I just bought 2 mats at AF for $21. Acid free, the whole 9 yards. I went to my local frame shop earlier that day to buy the 2 mats and they wanted $42....EACH! You can get a nice frame and 2 mats from AF for $50, then all you have to get is a piece of glass.

I completely agree. If you are feeling brave, just spend some cash on a mat cutting tool, buy some matting from a local art store, and frame that bad boy yourself. My last custom framing job for two posters was about $450 at a mom and pop place and that was with their "25% off" sale. After paying that bill, I just decided to do it myself from here on out. That was in November and I haven't had the balls to frame any of my PJ posters to this point, but I've been practicing on my wife's collection of random crap, er, art, and she's quite satisfied with all that I have done, so it might be time to give it a go and see what I can do with my own stuff...
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    I'm with jeffer and sennin - doing it yourself will save $$, but if the poster is important to you and something you want to keep forever, why not get it done right by a professional? A $250 budget should get it done quite well just about anywhere.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    sennin wrote:

what's wrong with the glass/plexiglass/plastic ones at americanframe?

Acid free single matte, basic metal frame, archival glass... prob around $80 or so at americanframe.com
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    what's wrong with the glass/plexiglass/plastic ones at americanframe?

Acid free single matte, basic metal frame, archival glass... prob around $80 or so at americanframe.com

I don't think AF does glass....only plexi...which is fine....75% of mine have UV plexi on them. UV/Antiglare glass is better though....but really not required for posters. :p