Options

a fly on the wall....

justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
so i am in pharmacy school. currently i have a rotation for 6 weeks and then go to a new place for 6 weeks, repeat.

this means i am always the "new guy" who isnt gonna stay. so the employee's that work there for years seem to forget i am there. thus leaving me privvy to lots of personal conversations, even when i am literally less that a foot away.

case in point
today i was looking some information up on a patient when two female doctors walk in beside me. they were in the middle of a conversation about how the blond one was attracted to a pharmacist. she says how she went up to him and said she would like to know if he wanted to go out. just something small. that might turn into something later. no strings. just some good F**kbuddy stuff. (she said the whole word) the guy was debating it because he was having a break from his girlfriend. she then goes into detail about how she just needs to get hers. how she would just pick a guy if she knew he wasnt gonna be a stalker. something to releave stress. then goes on to say what she likes, how she likes it, etc. detail. her friend said some stuff too. I was just standing there, quiet, like i couldnt hear them. i had been withholding a sneeze for like 2 minutes when finally i couldnt anymore and let it out.

they instantly stopped their convo and slowly walked away.

this has happened to me on all 3 of my rotations, many many times. i get told all the gossip too, because everyone thinks they can get me on thier side.

BTW, the pharmacist guy and his recent girlfriend are both really good friends of mine.
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    i am just loss for words...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    The Pharmacist profession is Highly overrated. Good money, but shit work, especially if you work in retail pharmacy. Pace yourself....there is a high burnout rate. I worked as a pharmacy tech for about year to realize that, plus I have two brothers who are pharmacist....the oldest who has been a pharmacist for about 15 years seems like he could lose it at any second. Both regret doing it, but its kinda too late to change things. Also had several friends who got part of the way through pharmacy school, and decided to change their career path completely because they hated it.

Have you thought this through?
    "It's all happening"