Anyone ever worry about what happened the night before?

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
perhaps a little too much alcohol, hazy recollection of events... I don't think there was any disasters but I also remember vaguely being spoken to by the police briefly for some reason.

I feel like such an idiot sometimes. ah well, pass it off as experience eh?
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    perhaps a little too much alcohol, hazy recollection of events... I don't think there was any disasters but I also remember vaguely being spoken to by the police briefly for some reason.

If the police dont come back to speak to you again, I would'nt worry too much, I used to get in these states, Police have been quite kind and given me a free taxi home on some of them.;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Most times after drinking to be honest. lol

I was spoken to by the police as well last night. They drew attention to the fact that there had been a lot of break ins in the area i was walking through and that they could see i was wearing gloves and dark clothing. I burst out laughing when he mentioned the gloves. Yes officer, its a November night in Glasgow, sorry for not wearing flip flops and illuminous bermuda shorts.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    If the police dont come back to speak to you again, I would'nt worry too much, I used to get in these states, Police have been quite kind and given me a free taxi home on some of them.;)
    :D basically I am stupid and fearless when drunk and I have a fatalistic streak so I was walking in the middle of the road for a bit... not realising that the approaching car was an undercover police car (I THINK. they could have been gangsters for all I know). one of the guys got out and was pretty angry and my friend was like "sorry officer, he's drunk. we'll get him home it's fine" but I didn't help matters by trying to be cocky.
    I'm such a twat sometimes :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

This is why I stopped doing Jaegar Bombs. Honestly. Ever since I have been fine.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:
    This is why I stopped doing Jaegar Bombs. Honestly. Ever since I have been fine.
    I bought two at once last night just so I wouldn't have to queue at the bar again and then when I found out 2 minutes later that we were moving on I sank both of them in a few minutes. Bad move. On top of the bottle of wine I had before I went out, the two pints before the Jagerbombs and countless drinks afterwards...

That's it. not drinking that much ever again :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :D basically I am stupid and fearless when drunk and I have a fatalistic streak so I was walking in the middle of the road for a bit... not realising that the approaching car was an undercover police car (I THINK. they could have been gangsters for all I know). one of the guys got out and was pretty angry and my friend was like "sorry officer, he's drunk. we'll get him home it's fine" but I didn't help matters by trying to be cocky.
    I'm such a twat sometimes :D

I'm sooo goin out on the piss with you some night :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Excellent idea :D although... I'm not sure it's as fun for the people I'm with who have to keep me from getting hurt/into too much trouble :p And I'm such a responsible, quiet, thoughtful person normally too. alcohol is the devil's drink :)
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I bought two at once last night just so I wouldn't have to queue at the bar again and then when I found out 2 minutes later that we were moving on I sank both of them in a few minutes. Bad move. On top of the bottle of wine I had before I went out, the two pints before the Jagerbombs and countless drinks afterwards...

Judging by all that, I'm just thankful you're still alive! :)
    Judging by all that, I'm just thankful you're still alive! :)
    On reflection, I'm not sure how I am to be honest :p I just threw up which was unpleasant but then I guess it serves me right.

Just out of curiosity, how likely is it that "I was hungover" will go down well as my excuse for not attending my lectures and seminars today?
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    On reflection, I'm not sure how I am to be honest :p I just threw up which was unpleasant but then I guess it serves me right.

Just out of curiosity, how likely is it that "I was hungover" will go down well as my excuse for not attending my lectures and seminars today?

I wouldn't say that if I were you. :)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my best night out involved the Mafia, 3 dead crabs and an exploding speed camera... i'll tell my kids about one day :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    oooooooooohhh can I come too? And Jeremy and I can walk down the middle of the road together and Jenny can flirt with the guards on our behalf as we fall flat on our faces :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkman wrote:
    my best night out involved the Mafia, 3 dead crabs and an exploding speed camera... i'll tell my kids about one day :)
    I think you should test it out on us first :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ive woken up in some horrendous places. Fields, Trains, Gardens, Tescos, Benches, Jail Cells, Golf Courses. Not done anything like that for a while though fortunately.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    oooooooooohhh can I come too? And Jeremy and I can walk down the middle of the road together and Jenny can flirt with the guards on our behalf as we fall flat on our faces :)
    alright then ladies, when are you coming to London? :) I ain't going to Dublin, I've heard about the drink prices :p can't afford to get recklessly loaded at 8 euros a pint or whatever it is.

So Helen... you like walking in roads too? I thought I was the only one. It's not like I want to get hit by a car... I just like challenging them :D
    stu gee wrote:
    Ive woken up in some horrendous places. Fields, Trains, Gardens, Tescos, Benches, Jail Cells, Golf Courses. Not done anything like that for a while though fortunately.
    Somehow I made it back to my flat at about 3am this morning but I most certainly don't remember purchasing or eating whatever the fuck it was that came in the greasiest fast food brown paper back you've ever seen. A jail cell is probably preferable :D
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

HOLY CRAP! You must have been Shamalamadingdonged!!!

Yup! No more shots for me!!! Sticking to beer and wine!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Jeremy1012 wrote:
    alright then ladies, when are you coming to London? :) I ain't going to Dublin, I've heard about the drink prices :p can't afford to get recklessly loaded at 8 euros a pint or whatever it is.

So Helen... you like walking in roads too? I thought I was the only one. It's not like I want to get hit by a car... I just like challenging them : D
    well I figure the road belongs to me as much as the cars... fuck em :mad: bring it on, eh?

stu, it's amazing we haven't met yet :o I think I've woken up in most of those places too :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    well I figure the road belongs to me as much as the cars... fuck em :mad: bring it on, eh?
    true true. just my luck that I choose to bring it on to a police car. worst of all, I never feel like I'm drunk when I am so I don't try to act sober. I couldn't work out why this guy was harassing me at the time :p
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    The first time I was drunk I didn't take advantage of the fact that someone cute wanted to take advantage of me. What was I thinking!? I could be stoned or drunk and still have a conscious. It's the cross I must carry :D That was a completely lost opportunity. So, the next day I was just same ol' same ol'.

Anyway, great lyrics

The Night Before Lyrics
    Artist(Band):The Beatles

We said our goodbyes, ah, the night before.
    Love was in your eyes, ah, the night before.
    Now today I find you have changed your mind.
    Treat me like you did the night before.

Were you telling lies, ah, the night before?
    Was I so unwise, ah, the night before?
    When I held you near you were so sincere.

Last night is a night I will remember you by.
    When I think of things we did it makes me wanna cry.

We said our goodbye, ah, the night before.
    Love was in your eyes, ah, the night before.
    Now today I find you have changed your mind.

Last night is a night I will remember you by.
    When I think of things we did it makes me wanna cry.

Were you telling lies, ah, the night before?
    Was I so unwise, ah, the night before?
    Treat me like you did the night before,
    like the night before.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

stu, it's amazing we haven't met yet :o I think I've woken up in most of those places too :eek:

Lol, worst was tescos. Woken up by the police after having fallen asleep on the seats outside while eating pringles wrapped in naan bread. That was a low point.
    stu gee wrote:
    Lol, worst was tescos. Woken up by the police after having fallen asleep on the seats outside while eating pringles wrapped in naan bread. That was a low point.
    I was nearly ejected from a 24 hour tescos at 4am a few weeks ago because I was hammered and looking for my friends in the ice cream section and stumbled into the alcohol aisle. the security guard was like "we don't have a license for alcohol at this time and we CERTAINLY don't let people in your state anywhere near it" :D first I'd ever heard of an aisle being out of bounds.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    I rarely worry, I just wonder.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    I usually just start drinking again and everything is fine.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    smoking a joint first thing in the morning will help tremendously with the hangover.
  • Collin wrote:
    I rarely worry, I just wonder.
    that's a good way of putting it :)

stu... it's the only way to avoid a hangover. I can't recall ever waking up inside or outside a shop... but I'm sure it's happened :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Oh yeah it has happened to me way too many times lol.

There is one that stands out and I still wondered what exactly happened to this day. It was on St. Paddy's day several years ago. I went to the parade, which always starts at 2 pm in my city. It is the one day of the year the city allows you to drink alcohol walking around the streets to watch the parade.

I went to the parade with a bunch of friends and we began drinking in a pub on the parade route an hour before the parade started. When it started we went outside to watch it and met up with some old friends from high school. At this point I was drinking bottles of Bud and we were sipping bottles of vodka and blackberry brandy. It was very cold that day so we needed something to keep us warm lol.

The parade is not very long here so after it ended we went to a friend's pub, which was close by. My friend who owns the pub is Irish so he was in a celebrating mood and gave us our drinks for free. At this point everything starts to get a little fuzzy lol. At some point we go to my friend's older brother's house but I don't remember leaving the pub or how we got to his house. I do remember her brother playing albums and thinking it was funny that he had albums lol.

The next thing ya know I woke up in my bedroom. I was in my bed but my feet were on the floor. I still had on my boots, jacket and gloves. There was cheese and tomatoes on my floor. There was a sub with one bite taken out of it lol. I put my hands in the pockets of the my jacket and I had cream cheese in them, the square kind in one pocket and the soft kind in the round container in the other pocket lol. Ok so obviously I was hungry but cream cheese?

A few friends called and asked what happened. I had no clue. I was told I had left my friend's brother's house with a friend and that we had gone to a pub and we were both arrested. Huh?? Now I'm not sure if I was arrested but my friend was in jail lol. To this day neither one of us remembers what happened and we don't even remember leaving and going to the pub but apparently people saw us there and there was a fight or something. I was later seen in the sub shop alone lol. I was told I was swaying back and forth and couldn't talk lol. Of course I don't remember any of it.

The funny thing about this is I said to my mother I must have gotten home really late and she told me I was passed out in my room by 9 pm lol. WTF?
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Danimal wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4gerbomb

there's some funny shit: The "Reverse Jägerbomb" or sometimes called a "Suicide Bomb" or "Jäger Suicide" is prepared conversly; a shot of red bull is dropped into a glass of Jägermeister, and is predominantly Australian.
    why am I not surprised ;)

I actually never tried it.. might have to do that this weekend with Michael send-off party..I saw him do some in Norway! :D
  • LMFAO Kat :D that's fucking hilarious... although Paddys day shouldn't REALLY count :eek:

I've had days like that where I wake up and all these mad things happened and yet I was in bed super early. I'm usually the last or one of the last to go to bed... my christmas party last year, I was in bed about 1am :eek: and I did NOTHING stupid :eek: that's even more surprising, lol
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Pegasus wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4gerbomb

there's some funny shit: The "Reverse Jägerbomb" or sometimes called a "Suicide Bomb" or "Jäger Suicide" is prepared conversly; a shot of red bull is dropped into a glass of Jägermeister, and is predominantly Australian.
    why am I not surprised ;)

I actually never tried it.. might have to do that this weekend with Michael send-off party..I saw him do some in Norway! :D
    :eek: they were fun 'shots' in Norway. You're quite the expert now at tipping them :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
This discussion has been closed.