Options

If JFK were alive today, would he still be a Democrat?

acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
**discuss**
"If you want peace, be prepared for war."
George Washington
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    He would, but he wouldn't be in office because he was a moderate democrat...at least by the standards of his time. These days, it's all about the right and the left of each party. Much like the American public, politics knows nothing of moderation.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    enharmonic wrote:
    He would, but he wouldn't be in office because he was a moderate democrat...at least by the standards of his time. These days, it's all about the right and the left of each party. Much like the American public, politics knows nothing of moderation.

the american public is not about left or right.. they are stupid and scared and all about joining a gang for protection.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    the american public is not about left or right.. they are stupid and scared and all about joining a gang for protection.

:rolleyes:

Speak for yourself!
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Actually, Americans are more polarized within their political parties now than at any other point in history. Moderates are viewed as panderers.
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    Actually, Americans are more polarized within their political parties now than at any other point in history. Moderates are viewed as panderers.

I know, but its not about thier view or values.. Its about the team.
  • Options
    It's like I say at work..."There is no I in TEAM...but there is M-E"

:D
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    enharmonic wrote:

Jon Stewart: The extremists are running this country because the moderates have shit to do!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Yeah, he'd be a democrat.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    wtf? Most dems are moderate, which is why there are few who have a strong stance on stopping dubya's tirade in Iraq. Dems these days are pussies and too afraid to be bold. They're goddamn republicans....nearly all of 'em.
  • Options
    If the bullets hadn't got him, the Addison's would have. No way he would have lived to see the 70's, let alone mid-60's. A sex scandal was just waiting to happen too.
  • Options
    wtf? Most dems are moderate, which is why there are few who have a strong stance on stopping dubya's tirade in Iraq. Dems these days are pussies and too afraid to be bold. They're goddamn republicans....nearly all of 'em.

They've always been the same. Their only purpose is to keep the people divided and therefore helpless.

They are all Democrats

hence we are pro choice
    we have HUGE government
    and HUGE money spent on social programs (however wastefully)

there are no real conservatives - is just a ploy to keep government well funded and feeding big business....

It is the economy that will bring us down
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Abuskedti wrote:

Unless they vote the way you want them to, and then they'll be smart, open-minded people.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

Democrats have no ideas. That's probably why they seem like moderates. They've got nothing to vote for of their own. They suck. Ha.
  • Options
    He'd be in opposition and getting kisses on the side of the cheek from Bush at the State of the Union address.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Unless they vote the way you want them to, and then they'll be smart, open-minded people.

how would that be? the way I wan't is that people must be educated - and liscensed to vote. Nobody should be voting in these very important elections without proving they understand the consequences.

We should prosecute false claims - and jail dishonest politicians.

for starters.

Voting in our elections is just blowing the flames.

Our elections are a sham.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    It is the economy that will bring us down
    Couldn't agree with you more. The U.S. is fucked. No doubt depression is right around the corner.