Options

Egyptian Students Vanish In Big Apple

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Anybody else here of this? This is abit troubling..

Why is this troubling?

Me thinks you really like to be scared...

And I quote;

"Kolko said there is no reason to believe the missing students, all men around 20 years old, represent a threat.

"At this point, all they have done is not show up for a scheduled academic program, and their visas have been revoked," Kolko said.

"We do not know of any association with any terrorist or criminal groups. There is no threat associated with these men. We have simply asked law enforcement's assistance in locating them so that the FBI and ICE may interview them." "

Mmmmm. So, the law enforcement experts dont think there is a threat, but you find it "troubling". I pity you and your life of unfounded fears.

I mean, why would there be? Are Egpytians islamic terrorists? Oh no, are ALL people from outside the US a threat to you? Is it the colour of the skin?
    Tell me, howmany Muslims are there in Egypt? How many Christians?
    You assume these students are islamic terrorists wanting to blow poor little you and your shopping channel life to kingdom come.
    Maybe they have dissapeared because they think America is a much safer country to have an opinion different than to what their totalitarian state / secret police would like them to think. Maybe they are for democracy and freedom, but are not allowed to express these opinions in a country that has a dictatorship which is propped up and supported by Washington.

Do you even know anything about the subject to which you are alluding?

I think not.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Why is this troubling?

Me thinks you really like to be scared...

And I quote;

"Kolko said there is no reason to believe the missing students, all men around 20 years old, represent a threat.

"At this point, all they have done is not show up for a scheduled academic program, and their visas have been revoked," Kolko said.

"We do not know of any association with any terrorist or criminal groups. There is no threat associated with these men. We have simply asked law enforcement's assistance in locating them so that the FBI and ICE may interview them." "

Mmmmm. So, the law enforcement experts dont think there is a threat, but you find it "troubling". I pity you and your life of unfounded fears.

I mean, why would there be? Are Egpytians islamic terrorists? Oh no, are ALL people from outside the US a threat to you? Is it the colour of the skin?
    Tell me, howmany Muslims are there in Egypt? How many Christians?
    You assume these students are islamic terrorists wanting to blow poor little you and your shopping channel life to kingdom come.
    Maybe they have dissapeared because they think America is a much safer country to have an opinion different than to what their totalitarian state / secret police would like them to think. Maybe they are for democracy and freedom, but are not allowed to express these opinions in a country that has a dictatorship which is propped up and supported by Washington.

Do you even know anything about the subject to which you are alluding?

I think not.

:rolleyes:

oh yes. I LOVE to be scared. as a matter of fact, i'm under my desk typing in a 30ft deep bunker. And you go on to say that I assume they are terrorists!! Where in the hell did I say this. It is YOU my friend that is assuming EVERYTHING HERE!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll give ya a friggin hint! If we can't keep our borders tight and can't even keep track of ppl coming in this country, This country is goin to hell in a hand basket! We have NO IDEA who is here!
    In a nutshell, it really didn't have too much to do with them being terrorists even tho you were quick to play that and the "color" card! But if you don't find it troubling that ppl come and we lose them, then I may be abit more troubled by ppl like you than the ppl getting lost in the system.
  • Options
    LazLaz Posts: 118
    There is absolutely nothing to be concerned with... We know that groups of young, single Arab men want nothing than to be part of our culture... I remember 23 such men that wanted to blend in so badly that they took flight lessons... oh yeah, that's right... oops!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'd be way more impressed if they vanished in a small kiwi fruit or a grape... a big apple?? pah.... been there, done that... me and that David Blaine dick did the vanish in a Big Apple thing way back in 1978, when america was peaceful and women were naturally hairy :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    I hate the NY Post.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    VictoryGin wrote:
    I hate the NY Post.

I think it's funny. It's kind of like all those newspapers in the grocery store line.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I think they were last seen in a bar with Joran Van der Sloot...
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Perhaps NYC should enlist the help of the Bangles. They know a thing or two about spotting people who walk like an Egyptian. We need to find these kids before they spend all of their lunch money of hookers and crack.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    I think it's funny. It's kind of like all those newspapers in the grocery store line.
    God. Is it really that bad?
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    By the way, three of said students have been arrested. The others are still "at large".
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    enharmonic wrote:
    Perhaps NYC should enlist the help of the Bangles. They know a thing or two about spotting people who walk like an Egyptian. We need to find these kids before they spend all of their lunch money of hookers and crack.

LMAO. ;)

I don't know what to make of this story. I'm certainly not overly concerned, but I certainly don't trust the media to tell the whole, or the accurate story for that matter.
  • Options
    Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    VictoryGin wrote:
    I hate the NY Post.

The Post is a rag, but you'd miss it if you moved...I tried to buy it out here in Seattle at the newstand and it was $4.50! Fuck that! I'd rather buy the Weekly World News for my laughs...
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    So, now that the UK US flight threat has just errupted on the news, maybe that is the connection with the missing students? :D:) :(
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Flight threats? I hadn't heard about that! Great! My mom's on a plane right now, and I'm leaving for Europe in 2 weeks...
    WindNoSail wrote:
    So, now that the UK US flight threat has just errupted on the news, maybe that is the connection with the missing students? :D:) :(
  • Options
    Echo27 wrote:
    Flight threats? I hadn't heard about that! Great! My mom's on a plane right now, and I'm leaving for Europe in 2 weeks...

I hear you, I have a flight tomorrow. Sounds like it is only US-UK international flights originating in London, but of course this just broke. CNN is live with it for about half an hour. Critical level in London.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    I hear you, I have a flight tomorrow. Sounds like it is only US-UK international flights originating in London, but of course this just broke. CNN is live with it for about half an hour. Critical level in London.

How awful...I wish you a safe and happy journey tomorrow...
  • Options
    Echo27 wrote:
    How awful...I wish you a safe and happy journey tomorrow...

Thank you. It will be fine, US domestic. At least we can have some peace of mind that this is apparently a failed plot.
  • Options
    Raise the fear, raise compliance with big brother.

Is anybody seriously believing this shit about the planes?

Does anybody take these security 'reports' and 'threat levels' seriously?

Does anybody seriously think our security services are that fucking competent?

It's the boy who cried wolf, over and over again...
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage