Options

i think

ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
it´s sad too say but there will be never peace in the middle east ...
and i belive some parts on this planet either want that
bec. no war no money ...
and if there is peace there are so many repectful religions ...

p.s. it´s not what i belive but i am afraid this is it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    and what do you think????
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    there will never be peace. Humans are greedy and by nature imperfect. They strive for the best sometimes and WANT peace but I don't think it's attainable.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    there will never be peace. Humans are greedy and by nature imperfect. They strive for the best sometimes and WANT peace but I don't think it's attainable.
    sad sad ....right?
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    i think most people want peace, but, only under their own conditions. thats why it wont happen.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    Should we give up or try to keep as much peace as we can?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    nuke em to the stone age. that will be peaceful until the radiation dies down.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I don't think human understanding has caught up with reality -- like we CAN feed, clothe and shelter everyone ... noooo problem. But then politics kick in.

If I'm very hungry and you have food (and are also very hungry, thus not compassionate to my plight) ... I'm going to take it from you.

If my family is hungry, I'm gonna take food from yours.
    If my village is hungry, I'm gonna take food from yours.
    If my state is hungry, here we come.
    If my nation.... So I just think that's human instinct (?) that hasn't caught up with reality. Me and my tribe....

So that's just the food aspect -- what Americans I kinda believe have trouble with is "ancient rights" ie, my family lived here back in the 14th century so I have a right to that land, and if yer not gonna give it to me, here I come... Scotland watch out!

America is the land of frontier, pushing frontiers (yes yes, mowing down Indians along the way) space and science are our new frontiers (mars and embreyos, watch out!), endless possibilities, plenty of things to hope and dream about. Americans don't have a long long history, say thousands of years, of border disputes.... Americans are generally forward looking dreamers? Some cultures haven't quite groked that forward thang yet...

But I honestly believe the farmer in Ohio wants the same thing for his kids that the farmer in Russia, China, Thailand, Nigeria, Syria, Iraq want. So then I say ... politics.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I know that you know the answer to that one :)

We can't give up, what's the alternative?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I know that you know the answer to that one :)

We can't give up, what's the alternative?

Yes, I hate when people act as if ALL humans are meant to live in constant turmoil and conflict. If it wasn't for the peacemakers this place would be a lot worse than it already is now. When will they wake up and see all this killing hasn't solved a damn thing. It's not an utopian pipedream to work towards peace, it's our future...if we want one.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i think most people want peace, but, only under their own conditions. thats why it wont happen.

for sure ....
  • Options

that´s a though question ..i don´t want to answer that...
  • Options
    it´s allways politics and force
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    If all human people die there will be peace
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    If all human people die there will be peace

very very sad answer .....you don´t mean that for real?or...
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    very very sad answer .....you don´t mean that for real?or...

In the million years that people are on earth there was never peace, so why will there be peace in the future.

:) Make peace, no war :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    In the million years that people are on earth there was never peace, so why will there be peace in the future.

:) Make peace, no war :)

i don´t belive it will happen
    bec. there are so many wars on this planet since years ...it´s sad
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    it´s allways politics and force

i'd say it's actually the heart of man kind is why there will never be peace. politics / force etc... are just the manifestation of a deeper problem.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need