Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    hippiemom wrote:
    I'm on my way out the door, headed to MY LAST CHEMOTHERAPY APPOINTMENT!!!!!

***********HAPPY DANCE OF JOY***********

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hurray! This is great news. Here's to many Chemo-free days!
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    hippiemom wrote:

Ah, wonderful news!

:):):)
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    From losing my mother to cancer recently it is great to hear this news hippiemom....truely makes me happy....I always love a success story....good luck!

My belated condolences, RIC. All the best you and your family.
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    I just found this thread!!!!!!!!!! Or I would have responded a lot sooner! sorry!!!

To Hippiemon, after we chatted last week, I found that you are one of the coolest people on earth!

Get better for your family..and get better soon!! Last appointment is the post I got too, I didn't want to spend to much time reading through all the posts because I wanted to type mine up quickly!

PLEASE keep us posted!

BebeTheGreat in the chat area..

Bebe
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    keep up the positive spirit...we are with you!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    all the best to u hippiemom
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Dancing a jig for ya, mom. :):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    That's great news, Laura! :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Sending tons of positive energy your way! :):):):):)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    My belated condolences, RIC. All the best you and your family.

Thanks....means a lot to me...
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Thanks to everyone ... I doubt you guys have any idea how much of a difference you've made to me over the past few months.

<3<3<3

I've never looked forward to being sick before, but I know I'll feel like crap on Friday and Saturday, and then it's OVER!!!

Seriously, I don't have words ... all of you who've posted in this thread, sent me PMs or emails or whatever ... some of you have written songs and poems ... I've been totally blown away and I know I'll never be able to pay you back or even adequately express my appreciation. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love you all :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :D

Don't it make ya..... :)

Will you be growing your hair after this last chemo?

Congrats on the chemo completion!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So happy you're done with chemo. I know it's been hard. Please keep us posted and get well! I would love to hear more of your stories-lol. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    This is the first time I have seen this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, but it sounds like with the support of everyone in your life, you have gone through chemo and have come through a stronger person. Take care of yourself! PEACE and LOVE!
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

Don't it make ya..... :)

Will you be growing your hair after this last chemo?

Congrats on the chemo completion!
    hahaha ... I've yet to make that decision. It will be a month or so before the chemicals are out of my system, so I don't have to deal with the hair question until then.

I don't want it back ... I love not having to fuss with my hair every day. My husband most definitely wants it back. We shall see. I can see myself changing my tune on this issue as the weather gets colder, lol.

Not that you asked, but I think you'd be a gorgeous bald lady! You've got a classically beautiful face, you don't need to hide behind hair. I know you've thought about it, I bet you'd be surprised how much you enjoy it. It's a very free feeling :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    hahaha ... I've yet to make that decision. It will be a month or so before the chemicals are out of my system, so I don't have to deal with the hair question until then.

I don't want it back ... I love not having to fuss with my hair every day. My husband most definitely wants it back. We shall see. I can see myself changing my tune on this issue as the weather gets colder, lol.

Not that you asked, but I think you'd be a gorgeous bald lady! You've got a classically beautiful face, you don't need to hide behind hair. I know you've thought about it, I bet you'd be surprised how much you enjoy it. It's a very free feeling :)

OOohh yes yes... I know that feeling!!! My hair was very, very, very short years ago... I wish I had a picture.

It was strange, though, how people reacted differently towards me - a tough lesbian! :rolleyes:

Me tough?? hahaha.

I do want to go bald... but the kids are against it!

I am a little afraid, though, because of my cochlear implant... it would be VERY obvious.

Not that I'm not proud of it because I am...but now there's a new deaf movement going on - deafhood and you know...I just don't want to deal with their anti-CI shit, saying that I'm betraying their deaf culture and all that crap!

It's a good movement, in my opinion, because there's a growing concern about the need to do something to improve the education system, resources, and employment... but some fear it may be becoming like a "cult".

Bobby thinks it'd be cool if I write "you are here", pointing at the cochlear implant on my head because that would naturally be the first thing people stare at. :D

I just need to get in shape...and grow some balls.

Then, I'll go bald and be freeeeee! ;)

Sorry for babbling on... :D;)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    OOohh yes yes... I know that feeling!!! My hair was very, very, very short years ago... I wish I had a picture.

It was strange, though, how people reacted differently towards me - a tough lesbian! :rolleyes:

Me tough?? hahaha.

I do want to go bald... but the kids are against it!

I am a little afraid, though, because of my cochlear implant... it would be VERY obvious.

Not that I'm not proud of it because I am...but now there's a new deaf movement going on - deafhood and you know...I just don't want to deal with their anti-CI shit, saying that I'm betraying their deaf culture and all that crap!

It's a good movement, in my opinion, because there's a growing concern about the need to do something to improve the education system, resources, and employment... but some fear it may be becoming like a "cult".

Bobby thinks it'd be cool if I write "you are here", pointing at the cochlear implant on my head because that would naturally be the first thing people stare at. :D

I just need to get in shape...and grow some balls.

Then, I'll go bald and be freeeeee! ;)

Sorry for babbling on... :D;)
    I know what you mean. A man can shave his head and no one questions it, but if a woman does it, it's suddenly some sort of statement, and if it's not a statement, it's a cry for sympathy (because if you didn't want all that attention, you'd wear your wig like a good girl!)

I get sick of it too ... there's no getting around that you attract a bit of unwanted attention, people seem to assume you must have some sort of agenda, running around with no hair, lol. I just tell them I like it that way, and they wander off with puzzled expressions on their faces.

I must admit I'm a bit puzzled about your insistence on getting "in shape" ... you appeared to be in fabulous shape when I saw you! But yeah, if you're gonna do it, be prepared for questions, because you'll get them.

You look gorgeous either way, do what makes you happy :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hippiemom wrote:

WOW!
    excellent for you - so happy!
    i hope life just gets better and better for you....and full of good health!

btw - you MUST be happy, i don't think i've EVER seen you use more than one smiley in a post. hahaha. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    For anyone who is interested ... my chemo is done, I've gone for a CT scan and a PET scan, and there is no sign of cancer so far :D

Next update in December.

Again ... it can't be said enough ... thank you so much to all of you who've shown so much support for me this past year. You'll never know how much it's meant to me <3<3<3
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    For anyone who is interested ... my chemo is done, I've gone for a CT scan and a PET scan, and there is no sign of cancer so far :D

Next update in December.

Again ... it can't be said enough ... thank you so much to all of you who've shown so much support for me this past year. You'll never know how much it's meant to me <3<3<3

:):):)

Very good news!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    hippiemom wrote:

Next update in December.

Great to hear!!!! Way to beat the seemingly unbeatable. Hopefully all the thoughts and prayers from the board helped in some way. Take care hippiemom!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options

GREAT!!!!!!!!

Have you grown your hair out?

I still have hair as of today... lol. ;)

Keep us posted in December!

Glad things are going good - hairwise or headwise....whatever?!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Absolutely wonderful!
    The whole process of this with you has amazed me. I learned a lot, mostly about hope.
    Good job!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    hippiemom wrote:

Next update in December.

Well, I love ya, hippiemom. Simple as that. :)
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

GREAT!!!!!!!!

Have you grown your hair out?

I still have hair as of today... lol. ;)

Keep us posted in December!

Glad things are going good - hairwise or headwise....whatever?!
    Haha!!! It's about 1/8" long at the moment, and I'm actually kind of depressed about it. I wasn't just putting up a brave front, I truly LOVED not having any hair! Unfortunately, it's October and I live in Cleveland and I'm getting cold, so I'm starting to let it grow back.

I've seen people at the cancer clinic who've had theirs come back pretty soon after they finished chemo and it was gorgeous ... others, it's thin and patchy and looks a lot worse than no hair at all, imo. So if it grows in nice, I'll keep it at least until spring, but if it doesn't, off it goes!
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Absolutely wonderful!
    The whole process of this with you has amazed me. I learned a lot, mostly about hope.
    Good job!!
    HEATHER!!!! Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you around here in ages, I missed you! I lost your number or I'd have called. Hope everything is going ok for you :)
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

Next update in December.

So glad to hear that!!! You made it lady!!!!

God Bless!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    That's is WONDERFUL news.

So happy for you.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hippiemom wrote:

Next update in December.

That is so fuckin' great. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.:):):):):)
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Even though I may not come here everyday; I am so glad I subscribed to this thread. Your courage has been exemplory and true example for stamina against a fight. You know, I tell people about you, when I suggest this forum for a resource. Hippiemom, you and the Pearl Jammers, are some of the most pro-active folks I have ever encountered. It has been a year of struggle, challenge, and most of all love between human beings....Thank you for even allowing me to jump on this thread....Cheers!!!!!!!!! So happy for you, lady.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light