Options

Do you feel guilty?

Parachutes FanParachutes Fan Posts: 64
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
After work I went to work out at the gym and they had CNN on. Of course the news is about Israel and Lebanon and them bombing each other. I feel so helpless! There is nothing I can do. I just makes me really sad. So much destruction and for what? I'm not really sure. Pray for peace!
Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Not guilty because guilt implies you did something wrong. I feel sad, upset, anxious, etc., but not guilt.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    yes, I feel guilty
  • Options
    I guess I feel guilty because I'm here in my comfortable air conditioned home, worrying what to do on a Friday night and people are suffering with no relief. I can't imagine how it would feel to have air raid sirens going off and seeking shelter. Very scary!
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    artjamartjam Posts: 227
    I can not feel guilty for something beyond my control like where i was born. What are we supposed to do to help this situation really?
  • Options
    After work I went to work out at the gym and they had CNN on. Of course the news is about Israel and Lebanon and them bombing each other. I feel so helpless! There is nothing I can do. I just makes me really sad. So much destruction and for what? I'm not really sure. Pray for peace!
    I feel guilty every day of my life but I try not to dwell on it. Maybe not guilty I guess....but sort of. More lucky to somehow be in a better situation than a lot of others in this world. Regarding war, I just got a letter from my senator today and he said he wants to work toward an exit plan for Iraq. He's lying of course because he's riding George's bush on every issue except stem cell research. But that's something that helps me - writing my senators and congressmen. It helps with the guilt because while I feel mostly helpless, I do think citizens can create change.
  • Options
    If I knew what I could do to help, I'd do it in a second. The problem is that no one has a freakin' clue what to do.

I think every Canadian needs to put pressure on the Canadian government to return to its role as a peacekeeper and initiate peace talks in the region. We can't let Lebanon become another Afghanistan.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    I live in Israel and even I don't feel guilty, so why would you? these are the kind of things beyond our control, we can't really do anything about it. And If you feel like that because of the way you voted - same story. You can't really tell what's your govt would do or say in situations like this.

The only way you can help us is start looking at the whole picture, focus on civilians instead of who is to blame, don't turn us into black-or-white stroy like too many people tend to do, it only brings us hate and increases the level of extremism in the world (no, I'm not exaggeratung).
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    We are all victims of greed and misinformation. In some form or another, someone influenced it all. Everyone else just thought it was a good idea. Except most of the people, but principle makers don't listen to them. They listen to god.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire