Options

This hole in the ground

normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
Flipping around the tv tonight I happened upon Keith Olbermann an MSNBC and watched this:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=6ab03f03-7a66-4378-8443-ef3afe82bab8&f=00&fg=copy
Transcript:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240/#060911b

"Who has left this hole in the ground?

We have not forgotten, Mr. President.

You have.

May this country forgive you."

Thank you Keith for eloquently expressing what I couldn't.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on this board, there is still debate on who left the whole in the ground.
  • Options
    that dude should be president.
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    its the white version of mayor ray negion (SP)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,183
    wow. thanks for posting that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    he lost me when he said we hadn't done anything about terrorism since 9/11. umm, hasn't the left been whining about how much we HAVE been doing??
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    Flipping around the tv tonight I happened upon Keith Olbermann an MSNBC and watched this:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=6ab03f03-7a66-4378-8443-ef3afe82bab8&f=00&fg=copy
    Transcript:

You have.

I saw this a few minutes ago on TV, and I actually had an opposite reaction. I thought it was grandstanding, something he is pretty good at. He is a bigger blowhard that OReily.

I don't see the rebuilding of any building being the job of the President first of all. Second, rebuilding that building doesn't actually prove anything to me, in fact I am not sure that putting it back up so they could knock it down again is such a good idea. And, I think the wounds need to heal over time, trying to rush around and put up something to 'cover up' the attack isn't really that reassuring to me - unless you think doing it will take you back to a pre 9/11 world.

Keep in mind the Arizona and the Oklahoma are still on the bottom of Pearl Harbor, Fort Sumpters walls were never put back up, Oklahoma City doesn't have a new Federal Building onsite, and the Liberty Bell still has a crack in it.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    WindNoSail wrote:

I don't see the rebuilding of any building being the job of the President first of all. Second, rebuilding that building doesn't actually prove anything to me, in fact I am not sure that putting it back up so they could knock it down again is such a good idea. And, I think the wounds need to heal over time, trying to rush around and put up something to 'cover up' the attack isn't really that reassuring to me - unless you think doing it will take you back to a pre 9/11 world.
    bingo.its not the presidents job to put bulid the tower.ITS THE JOB OF THE ELECTED OFFICALS in the state of ny. i do think we should build new ones.it would be a big fu to the bad guys around the world.they can take down buildings they can do whatever else .but these fucking bastards can never take away the heart of an american citizen.thats something no one will take away EVER.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,824
    its the white version of mayor ray negion (SP)
    Ray Nagin. I saw that graphic last night and couldn't believe how much our mayor has made inroads into the national vernacular.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

Transcript:

You have.

I'd like to thank Keith and every other mainstream "journalist" who uses 9/11 for political ammo. Great job guys!
  • Options
    keith is a genious.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    since when is the president responsible for rebuilding?

what he IS responsible for is protecting our country.

and guess what, there have been no attacks since 9/11, thanks to him.

that was the dumbest atricle I have ever read.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    since when is the president responsible for rebuilding?

what he IS responsible for is protecting our country.

and guess what, there have been no attacks since 9/11, thanks to him.

that was the dumbest atricle I have ever read.
    None since 9/11? Impressive. How many were there between the Pearl Harbor attack and 9/11? Total them all up, divide that by the number of years, and let's see how often - on average, of course - we're attacked on U.S. soil. I honestly don't know the number; but I'll bet that the average is longer than 5 years.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    None since 9/11? Impressive. How many were there between the Pearl Harbor attack and 9/11? Total them all up, divide that by the number of years, and let's see how often - on average, of course - we're attacked on U.S. soil. I honestly don't know the number; but I'll bet that the average is longer than 5 years.

and your point is?

what I always wonder about is, what would people be saying if we were attacked say 3 more times on US soil since 9/11. thats a bad thing right? of course it is. the fact that there have been no attacks (on US soil ) since bin laden has declared war on us is a very good thing.

of course the average is higher. we spent along time between 1941 and 2001 where islamic terrorists didnt want to attack us. they were busy with the russians, israel, and fighting each other
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    and your point is?

what I always wonder about is, what would people be saying if we were attacked say 3 more times on US soil since 9/11. thats a bad thing right? of course it is. the fact that there have been no attacks (on US soil ) since bin laden has declared war on us is a very good thing.

of course the average is higher. we spent along time between 1941 and 2001 where islamic terrorists didnt want to attack us. they were busy with the russians, israel, and fighting each other
    You're right, being attacked 3 more times on US soil would be a bad thing. Twice would be O.K., but certainly not three times. :D

All I'm saying is that George Bush isn't the sole reason we haven't been attacked since 9-11 - despite the desire of some of his supporters to put a giant red and gold "S" on his chest. He is, however, largely responsible for approximately 50,000 square miles of Iraq falling under the control of Al-Queda (you know, where they weren't before, but are now). But, on a plus side (/sarc), he did put our soldiers over there as targets, so there's less of a desire for the terrorists to blow things up on U.S. soil. That is what he means when he says "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here," right?
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    You're right, being attacked 3 more times on US soil would be a bad thing. Twice would be O.K., but certainly not three times. :D

All I'm saying is that George Bush isn't the sole reason we haven't been attacked since 9-11 - despite the desire of some of his supporters to put a giant red and gold "S" on his chest. He is, however, largely responsible for approximately 50,000 square miles of Iraq falling under the control of Al-Queda (you know, where they weren't before, but are now). But, on a plus side (/sarc), he did put our soldiers over there as targets, so there's less of a desire for the terrorists to blow things up on U.S. soil. That is what he means when he says "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here," right?

American Soliders volunteer to be "targets" as you say. They are the bravest people in the world. They fight for our freedoms.

and I agree, terrorists are in iraq and now they need to be defeated.
  • Options
    he lost me when he said we hadn't done anything about terrorism since 9/11. umm, hasn't the left been whining about how much we HAVE been doing??

Ummm...engaging in wars against soveign nations having nothing to do with AL Qaeda is not doing something. Bombing the Taliban out of Afghanistan, killing innocent civilians and then leaving the country in shambles and disarray has done little good. Profiling grandmas and checking my shoes at the airport is great and all, but won't stop terrorism. The Patriot Act only serves to imprison the people and prevent us from rising up against the government if need be, it doesn't prevent 'terror'.

What needs to be done is a fundamental shift in our foreign policy and way we deal with the rest of the world. End our bullying and world policing and strong arm tactics and resource hoarding and military presence in others' holy lands. Work to make them LIKE us, rather than work to kill those who don't.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    They are the bravest people in the world. They fight for our freedoms.

That's subjective.

I say they are foolish and fighting for the freedom of billion-dollar companies to impose their economic will in 3rd world countries.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young