Options

I have to give props to Republican Frank Wolf of VA

OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Some of you may remember my post a while back about H.Res 974, regarding myositis awareness and research that is currently pending consideration in the House Gov't Reform Committee.

My father was recently diagnosed with Inclusion Body Myositis, so I when I heard about the bill, I decided to write my congressmen, Frank Wolf, to let him know that this was something that I thought he should take part in.

I recieved a letter in the mail today stating that Mr. Wolf was moved by my email, and has decided to co-sponser H. Res 974. The letter was personal (not a form letter), and hand signed.

Thought it was worth sharing. I am a democrat, and like many of you I feel dissillusioned by the current state of things, and politics in general on both sides of the isle. But here's the thing; our gov't officals make decisions on a daily basis that do affect our lives. If we get involved, we can help to change things. Even if only in baby steps, it is worth paying attention and getting involved. Even if you didn't vote for the person who currently holds the office.

I posted this link before, but I'll do it again. It took me all of 30 seconds to use the following website to find my representative, and to begin writing them.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Congrats to you for getting involved. I believe that there is good and bad in both parties. It is comforting to know that Mr. wolf has a consciense and is not afraid to use his considerable influence to do some good.

I hope that it works out for your dad.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    enharmonic wrote:
    Congrats to you for getting involved. I believe that there is good and bad in both parties. It is comforting to know that Mr. wolf has a consciense and is not afraid to use his considerable influence to do some good.

I hope that it works out for your dad.

Thank you!