Options

Why the Antagonism

NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
What is wrong that we can't just state our opinions without egging each other on? How mature is this group? It seems that the last few days it is out of control....

It seems as if some people are coming on here and posting just to let steam off or antagonize people who disagree with them.

Can we get a grip please???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Happens from time to time on here.

It helps if you do not respond to them so they can slide down the pages into oblivion. Getting personal is no excuse, and insulting remarks are really uncalled for.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you get a grip!!!!! :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    It's all good.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I don't know why, but Israel specifically brings out the bad side of people on here, myself included at times. Sometimes people say things that are just so inflammatory that you lose it.
  • Options
    Sometimes people say things that are just so inflammatory that you lose it.

but if you know thats their goal, to inflame you, then you can't lose it. for example....i was just told in a thread that the entire US army are terrorists, now obviously that is just an over the top dumb statement....the only reason even say that is to inflame...so you just laugh it off.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    but if you know thats their goal, to inflame you, then you can't lose it. for example....i was just told in a thread that the entire US army are terrorists, now obviously that is just an over the top dumb statement....the only reason even say that is to inflame...so you just laugh it off.

Yep ... I have tried to change my attitude, to view this place as a practice ground for emotional regulation skills.
  • Options
    I don't know man. I thought that since we were all fans of the same band we would atleast be respectful of each other, but that's pretty much out the window. I've done it too, (Feel Good Story pt. 69) but I just got fed up with being pushed so I pushed back. Not really the right thing to do though.
  • Options
    I just got fed up with being pushed so I pushed back. Not really the right thing to do though.

That's the best post on the Israeli/Palenstinian issue I've ever seen ;)
  • Options
    That's the best post on the Israeli/Palenstinian issue I've ever seen ;)

Where was it? Did I miss anything? :D

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    It's easy to lose grasp on maturity when the subject matter is what it's been. Fortunately you all have keyboards and not guns.
  • Options
    Where was it?

Right here:
    I just got fed up with being pushed so I pushed back. Not really the right thing to do though.
  • Options
    Right here:
    Ah, I get it now. :p
    Boy, am I thick today. :(

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    Derrick wrote:
    It's easy to lose grasp on maturity when the subject matter is what it's been. Fortunately you all have keyboards and not guns.

Hmm, maybe that's the solution. Lock them all up, give them a forum with internet connection and let them battle it out. Last man standing (or typing as it would be). :)

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    Hmm, maybe that's the solution. Lock them all up, give them a forum with internet connection and let them battle it out. Last man standing (or typing as it would be). :)

Peace
    Dan

The problem with that is that when you show facts and evidence to people, some choose to either ignore it or argue back with insults or non factual evidence that represents only what they believe.
  • Options
    The problem with that is that when you show facts and evidence to people, some choose to either ignore it or argue back with insults or non factual evidence that represents only what they believe.
    Certainly. Let them battle it out until all but one are tired and quits. :) Sort of a contest of wills. Beats the blood and gore.

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    bookworm30bookworm30 Posts: 186

Exactly. How weird.
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350

The problem becomes more complex when everyone has a different definition of "facts."
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    The problem becomes more complex when everyone has a different definition of "facts."

I dont think the definitions vary, but the perception of them do. Facts are hard to find and hard to make objective. Especially concerning politics, philosophies and lifeworlds in general.

Peace
    Dan