Options

Syrian army "raising readiness"

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
according to CNN..

Would Isreal really go all the way to Syria?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Doubtful, although in all honesty, I think that Israel would have a much tougher time with Hizbollah. The Syrian army might as well stay home.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Israel and the USA already planned to fight Syria five years ago. The plan was to take down Saddam and the Taliban and all that first, then go after Hezbollah, Syria and Iran. We are seeing that unfold now, and I don't think any amount of international pressure is going to change these events.

Sadly, they haven't taken out the Taliban and Saddam was just keeping the radicals in check. It's worse than it was before and it's going to be a lot worse when this is all over. I think once these wars are all said and done, the US and Israeli people are going to have even more enemies in the Arab/Persian world.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    according to CNN..

Would Isreal really go all the way to Syria?

The real worry is would Syria really go into Israel?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Israel and the USA already planned to fight Syria five years ago. The plan was to take down Saddam and the Taliban and all that first, then go after Hezbollah, Syria and Iran. We are seeing that unfold now, and I don't think any amount of international pressure is going to change these events.

Sadly, they haven't taken out the Taliban and Saddam was just keeping the radicals in check. It's worse than it was before and it's going to be a lot worse when this is all over. I think once these wars are all said and done, the US and Israeli people are going to have even more enemies in the Arab/Persian world.

Just to make it clear: Israel has nothing to do with the stupid war in Iraq. In fact, our govt was not too happy about it (remember? Sadam immediately threatened he'll fire chemical missiles at us) but couldn't say anything becasue the US is our ally. Ask every Israeli civilian and you'll see most of us still don't understand why the hell did the US started all of it other then finding a "scapegoat" to replace Bin Laden.

About Syria - we don't want to start a war with them, though it seems like they really going after that (constantly threatening us ever since this war had started, the bomb today in Israel-Syria border... ).
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Just to make it clear: Israel has nothing to do with the stupid war in Iraq. In fact, our govt was not too happy about it (remember? Sadam immediately threatened he'll fire chemical missiles at us) but couldn't say anything becasue the US is our ally. Ask every Israeli civilian and you'll see most of us still don't understand why the hell did the US started all of it other then finding a "scapegoat" to replace Bin Laden.

About Syria - we don't want to start a war with them, though it seems like they really going after that (constantly threatening us ever since this war had started, the bomb today in Israel-Syria border... ).

Governments do all kinds of things you don't know about.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ahnimus wrote:

Shiraz doesn't know about it, but you do?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

yes, supporting a war with Iraq while Sadam is threatenig to shot chemical missiles at Israeli civilians (he has done that before in 1990, only they were "regular" missiles) is not one of them. Don't even indicate Israel has something to do with it. Syria? I really don't think we'll do that, the Israeli public opinion counts, and Syria is something we don't want to get near to (Syria=Iran).
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Israel is a country of big balls, though. If they gotta do it, they'll do it.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    yes, supporting a war with Iraq while Sadam is threatenig to shot chemical missiles at Israeli civilians (he has done that before in 1990, only they were "regular" missiles) is not one of them. Don't even indicate Israel has something to do with it. Syria? I really don't think we'll do that, the Israeli public opinion counts, and Syria is something we don't want to get near to (Syria=Iran).

I think Israel knew they were going to be involved. I mean, the USA knew Israel was going to be involved. Anyone that works in the media knew Israel was involved.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Bushletter-040302.htm
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    sponger wrote:
    Israel is a country of big balls, though. If they gotta do it, they'll do it.

Yeah, they aren't all talk like France and the rest of the liberals in this country.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I think Israel knew they were going to be involved. I mean, the USA knew Israel was going to be involved. Anyone that works in the media knew Israel was involved.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Bushletter-040302.htm

Are you kidding me? Where is the connection to the Israeli govt and civilians?
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Are you kidding me? Where is the connection to the Israeli govt and civilians?

The American government of course.
  • Options
    Wow all I can say some people really don't have a clue what politics and government is all about.

I guess some people think it's all high saints and priests work for the Gov't, and they grow flowers and pet puppies all the time.

No hidden motives, no secret agandas, weapons testing, ongoing WMD creating and their ruthless selling and deployment, just to scratch the tip (of the tip) of the iceberg.
  • Options
    Wow all I can say some people really don't have a clue what politics and government is all about.

I guess some people think it's all high saints and priests work for the Gov't, and they grow flowers and pet puppies all the time.

No hidden motives, no secret agandas, weapons testing, ongoing WMD creating and their ruthless selling and deployment, just to scratch the tip (of the tip) of the iceberg.

lol, way to put it in perspective. Also a lot of priests aren't all they are supposed to be.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    lol, way to put it in perspective. Also a lot of priests aren't all they are supposed to be.

Yeah, sigh even the priests are coming out in huge numbers raping young boys. It's even like a "saying" now, it's so common knowledge.

But hey...nothing, I repeat, nothing wrong is going on at all...everything really is as absolutely perfect as it really all seems.

People think things just "happen" and our gov't just races in time to "deal" with it :rolleyes:

fuck I just puked a little in my mouth for real :D

anyhow. I'm going to head out. It's 4:30 am (hot as fuck 41 deg w/humidex) and I have an appointment with some beer, a hammock, and a lake. :D
  • Options

Im not that naive, Israeli govt and civilians were against the war in Iraq, though Sadam has always been an enemy for Israel, ever since he seriously threaten us with his Atomic (nuclear?) reactor till the point we had to destroy it (no harm was caused to civilians). However, we couldn't do nothing about it - US made up its mind it'll jeopardize Israeli civilians (chmical missiles are no such fun) for this stupid war, the same as it did in 1990.
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    shiraz wrote:
    Im not that naive, Israeli govt and civilians were against the war in Iraq, though Sadam has always been an enemy for Israel, ever since he seriously threaten us with his Atomic (nuclear?) reactor till the point we had to destroy it (no harm was caused to civilians). However, we couldn't do nothing about it - US made up its mind it'll jeopardize Israeli civilians (chmical missiles are no such fun) for this stupid war, the same as it did in 1990.

I dont know about the people, but you really think a goverment that sleeps in Americas shirt pocket would be against a war to take out one of their enemies?? If they didnt speak out against it and outly supported it the people in the Arabian penninsula, where are troops are located, would not be as obliging having them there. Isreal HADto pretend they were against going into Iraq. Not to mention if Sadam had sent rockets towards Israel it would have given the "coalition" justification to attack Iraq. Because we all know Bush had great reasons for going in, like WMDs.
  • Options
    ...CNN must have a direct wire to Syria or so....

I just read an article/ interview with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem in the Spiegel (issue 31-2006), yesterday
    and here he calls out for an immediate cease-fire
    see for yourself... and no aggressive words that would assume Syria is ready for joining a war.

----
    SPIEGEL: You are referring to the Israeli-occupied Shabaa Farms region near the Golan Heights. But now US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has warned your country against obstructing efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East. Do you even want to help solve the conflict?

Moallem: Yes. We are in favor of an immediate cease-fire. We must stop the killing of innocent civilians and the destruction of the civil infrastructure. Then there must be an exchange of prisoners. Germany can be helpful once again in this regard, a German delegation was here in Damascus only last week. If these two efforts succeed, we can turn this crisis into a great opportunity. We Syrians want to get back the Golan Heights which have been occupied since 1967. This is the sixth Middle East war since 1948, it can't go on like this. We must finally tackle the roots and find a comprehensive solution to three problems: the Lebanese, the Syrian and the Palestinian problem.

SPIEGEL: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has declared that the state of Israel must be wiped off the map.
    But what is your position on Ahmadinejad's statements?

Moallem: No comment. We in Syria have never said that Israel should be forced into the sea. Peace with Israel is possible, but it must be a peace that is based not only on UN resolution 1559, but also on resolution 242, which calls for Israel to withdraw to the 1967 borders, and on resolution 194, which addresses the fate of the Palestinian refugees.

SPIEGEL: Does that mean you can imagine resuming the negotiations with (Israeli) Prime Minister Ehud Olmert where you stopped in 2001?

Moallem: Why not? If Olmert is a man of peace, like his murdered predecessor Yitzhak Rabin, and if he manages to convince the Israeli people to choose the path of peace, we can resume the negotiations. We really have only two options. Do we want to continue as we have in the past and have a new war every ten years; do we want to capitulate to the extremists who are just waiting to take advantage of the situation we now have? Or do we want a wide-ranging compromise that will finally bring peace, stability and prosperity to the Middle East? Syria is for the second of these two options.

here the full article for those who wanna read more:

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,429424,00.html
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.