Options

Israel accept a 48 hour cease fire...

thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
GREAT! Well at least the aviations will stop bombing...

it will pop up soon in english, here's the french link...

http://www2.canoe.com/infos/international/archives/2006/07/20060730-172237.html
"L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Hopefully hezbollah is in shambles from the carnage of the great israeli military
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    It's a trick to let them come out from their gopher holes, gain confidence,
    and regroup. That's when wave two bombing will start to break them even further.

Bets anyone? I got a 50...who's in?
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    The sad thing is, I can finally go out of my house but i'm still scared to do so.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    The sad thing is, I can finally go out of my house but i'm still scared to do so.

And now I know why... Hizbullah has just fired rockets at Kiryat Shmona (Israeli town in the north). I guess we all new it was coming. How many hours does it lasted? fucking bastards.
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    shiraz wrote:
    And now I know why... Hizbullah has just fired rockets at Kiryat Shmona (Israeli town in the north). I guess we all new it was coming. How many hours does it lasted? fucking bastards.
    I'm sorry. Sadly this happen when decisions are unilateral... I've read that also the south of Lebanon was bombed again
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    I'm sorry. Sadly this happen when decisions are unilateral... I've read that also the south of Lebanon was bombed again

And as we speak, loacl media has just reported about a suicide bomber who was cought in Haifa about half an hour ago. Somehow, I knew it'll happen. Too much experience, I guess.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Independent: 31 July 2006

Israel suspended aerial attacks on southern Lebanon for 48 hours last night to allow civilians to leave the area and humanitarian supplies to move in. But Asaf Shariv, a spokesman for the Israeli Prime Minister, stressed that it was not a ceasefire.

"If we see a missile, we will shoot it," he said. "If we see a launcher, we will shoot it. If we see the Hizbollah leader, Hassan Nasrallah, for sure we will shoot him. Ground operations are continuing." The agreement was announced in Jerusalem yesterday by Adam Ereli, an American State Department spokesman, following emergency talks between Condoleezza Rice, the Secretary of State, and Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:

Not exactly. it's like a warning shot from a gun towards the air (I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it in English), only from a plane. No damage, no injuries, just a warning to Hizbullah people after they broke the cease-fire - nothing else.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Hezbollay cant even respect a 48hr cease fire, and some expect that a full ceasefire would actually do anything besides give them time to reload. Sad how much faith in "humanity" some people have when the human in question is religious zealot terrorist, while in the same breath declaring those who would fight this type of radicalism as "inhumane".
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Hezbollay cant even respect a 48hr cease fire, and some expect that a full ceasefire would actually do anything besides give them time to reload. Sad how much faith in "humanity" some people have when the human in question is religious zealot terrorist, while in the same breath declaring those who would fight this type of radicalism as "inhumane".
    ok, not to take the part of the hizbullah, but i remind you that this ceasefire was decided just by israel, unilaterally...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Puck78 wrote:
    ok, not to take the part of the hizbullah, but i remind you that this ceasefire was decided just by israel, unilaterally...

So then, Israel, unilaterally, gave it a try. When they finish hezbollah off, w/e means they use, at least they'll know they tried "to be the bigger men". (and we'll know, tho some will I'm sure forget.)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Well so much for the ceasefire. Exactly what I suspected. Stop, and let start to look around and...then whoomp! phase 2
  • Options
    Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
    t-t-t-t-terrorism:

http://gnn.tv/articles/2455/Oil_Spill_Hits_Lebanon_s_Beaches

First they bomb the U.N. building, then they destroy the ecosystem off the Lebanese coast.

And you thought they were just defending themselves... poor, poor shame.

“If we tried to fish, the Israelis would kill us,” said Hafez, a Palestinian fisherman. “But nobody would eat the fish anyway even if we could fish.. Now we wait for a miracle, something to take this oil away and stop this war.”

Go Israel.

Go, go power rangers.
    You greedy, morphing power rangers.
  • Options
    Wow, didn't last long... i guess they didn't had time to evacuate a lot of civillians, probably close to 0... so sad...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Wow, didn't last long... i guess they didn't had time to evacuate a lot of civillians, probably close to 0... so sad...

I know right, maybe it was just a quick toilet break for them.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    I know right, maybe it was just a quick toilet break for them or something.

LOL (:

Now seriously: there's an air-force cease-fire. Though Hizbullah still shot a few rockets towards Kiryat Shmona today, the Israeli air-force did not react, only fired some "warning shots" for the sake of deterring (=no damage, no injuring). A part from that I haven't heard of any unusual incidents, the air-force cease-fire is still holding on (along with the ground battle).
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    LOL (:

Now seriously: there's an air-force cease-fire. Though Hizbullah still shot a few rockets towards Kiryat Shmona today, the Israeli air-force did not react, only fired some "warning shots" for the sake of deterring (=no damage, no injuring). A part from that I haven't heard of any unusual incidents, the air-force cease-fire is still holding on (along with the ground battle).

well thanks, this is somehow good news (sort of)... now if only the Lebanese PM and Isreal PM could call each other...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    well thanks, this is somehow good news (sort of)... now if only the Lebanese PM and Isreal PM could call each other...

The Lebanese PM is powerless.
  • Options
    Local media has just reported about a bomb explosion near IDF patrol jeeps across Israel-Syria border. It was a bomb made by Hizbullah. Syria TV reporting the same story. IDF soliders were not injured in this incident.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    The stuff I read this morning suggested that Israel launched airstrikes after a tank was hit by a Hizbollah missile.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    The stuff I read this morning suggested that Israel launched airstrikes after a tank was hit by a Hizbollah missile.

As of right now who the hell knows what is ACTUALLY going on..to be honest with you I think BOTH sides are lying through there teeth to gain the "popular" opinion....
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    As of right now who the hell knows what is ACTUALLY going on..to be honest with you I think BOTH sides are lying through there teeth to gain the "popular" opinion....

Probably true ...