Options

Israel vs Hezbollah Quiz

PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/palis.jpg
(gotta love THAT source, eh??!!)

^^^^Here's a quick quiz that relates to the picture.

1) If Hezbollah leaders deliberately congregate in areas where there are lots of civilians and the Israelis attempt of assassinate them, which party is responsible for any innocent lives lost?

A) Hezbollah
B) Israel

2) If Hezbollah soldiers set up an ammo dump in a mosque and the Israelis blow it up from the air, which party is responsible for the destruction of the mosque?

A) Hezbollah
B) Israel

3) If members of Hezbollah dress like civilians and fire at Israelis from a crowd, then if the Israelis fire back and innocents are killed, which party is responsible for those deaths?

A) Hezbollah
B) Israel

4) If Hezbollah commits an act of war against Israel and the Israelis respond by destroying bridges, roads, airports, power plants, and banks used by Hezbollah as part of the war effort, which party is responsible for the inconvenience and suffering of Lebanese civilians that this causes?

A) Hezbollah
B) Israel

5) If Hezbollah, unlike Israel, deliberately targets civilians in an attempt to kill them, which party is responsible for those lost lives?

A) Hezbollah
B) Israel

If you answered "A" to all 5 questions, you're right! :)
Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Basically you've absolved Isreal of all responsibilities for their actions. Interesting.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    If your family lived on a piece of land for hundreds of years.....then you are told to move because the Jews were getting the land and it will now be called "Israel".........Who would you want to kill?

A) The Jews
    B) The Western Civilization that subdivided Palestine land and gave it away.
    C) All of the above
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    That pic is AWESOME! Truthful and awesome!!!
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    If your family lived on a piece of land for hundreds of years.....then you are told to move because the Jews were getting the land and it will now be called "Israel".........Who would you want to kill?

A) The Jews
    B) The Western Civilization that subdivided Palestine land and gave it away.
    C) All of the above

I thought the theory was that killing was wrong period.

Where exactly DID the Jews originally live? They didnt move to this planet from Mars did they? I remember reading something about an Israel in that old book "the bible". Surely they have a right to live somewhere? Hezbollah doesnt just object to WHERE Israel and the Jews live, they object to them even living. Surely someone as bright and coherent as you can understand the difference.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I thought the theory was that killing was wrong period.

I don't condone killing.

But, I'm offering a reasoning as to why Hezbolah and just about everyone else in the Middle East doesn't like the Jews.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    Yes, the Jews were there at the time of the bible, but weren't there other people there first? (Someone help me with the name, I can only remember the "Veggie Tales" version). It was the Romans, not the Arabs that dispersed the Jews. Jews lived fairly decently although not equally within the Ottoman Empire in the Islamic world, and after the war, it was the Arabs who bombed the Palestinians. What a messed up situation
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    Yes, the Jews were there at the time of the bible, but weren't there other people there first? (Someone help me with the name, I can only remember the "Veggie Tales" version). It was the Romans, not the Arabs that dispersed the Jews. Jews lived fairly decently although not equally within the Ottoman Empire in the Islamic world, and after the war, it was the Arabs who bombed the Palestinians. What a messed up situation

as posted by jeddeth in another thread:

Difference being that before 1947 there was no such thing as a Palestinian

After the Egyptian period, the area split into two parts, the southern part became the Kingdom of Judah and the northern part the Kingdom of Israel.

The term "Palestine" comes from the word Philistine, the name of an ethnic group which lived in the southern coast of the region. The Philistines disappeared as a distinct group by the Assyrian period.

The area was historically inhabited and ruled by Jews, Greeks, Romans, Persians, never Philistinians / Palestinians...
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    I don't condone killing.

But, I'm offering a reasoning as to why Hezbolah and just about everyone else in the Middle East doesn't like the Jews.

Besides bigotry and fear? You seem to want to absolve Hezbollah and "just about everyone in the Middle East" of any responsibility.

And the dance continues.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    as posted by jeddeth in another thread:

After the Egyptian period, the area split into two parts, the southern part became the Kingdom of Judah and the northern part the Kingdom of Israel.

The term "Palestine" comes from the word Philistine, the name of an ethnic group which lived in the southern coast of the region. The Philistines disappeared as a distinct group by the Assyrian period.

The area was historically inhabited and ruled by Jews, Greeks, Romans, Persians, never Philistinians / Palestinians...

By that theory, noone in ANY country has a right to "their land", seeing as pretty much every man was nomadic at some point in history.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    as posted by

But during the Ottoman Empire, the Palestinians would just have been Ottomans that inhabited that area weren't they? So the name is just semantics isn't it?
  • Options
    mtildenmtilden Posts: 62
    http://www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/palis.jpg
    (gotta love THAT source, eh??!!)

^^^^Here's a quick quiz that relates to the picture.

1) If Hezbollah leaders deliberately congregate in areas where there are lots of civilians and the Israelis attempt of assassinate them, which party is responsible for any innocent lives lost?

A) Hezbollah
    B) Israel

2) If Hezbollah soldiers set up an ammo dump in a mosque and the Israelis blow it up from the air, which party is responsible for the destruction of the mosque?

A) Hezbollah
    B) Israel

3) If members of Hezbollah dress like civilians and fire at Israelis from a crowd, then if the Israelis fire back and innocents are killed, which party is responsible for those deaths?

A) Hezbollah
    B) Israel

4) If Hezbollah commits an act of war against Israel and the Israelis respond by destroying bridges, roads, airports, power plants, and banks used by Hezbollah as part of the war effort, which party is responsible for the inconvenience and suffering of Lebanese civilians that this causes?

A) Hezbollah
    B) Israel

5) If Hezbollah, unlike Israel, deliberately targets civilians in an attempt to kill them, which party is responsible for those lost lives?

A) Hezbollah
    B) Israel

If you answered "A" to all 5 questions, you're right! :)

How very black and white of you. I'm glad that if I'm in a public place and a member of Hezbollah decides to sit next to me the best I get from Israel is, "Sorry, thanks for playing."
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders"
    -Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • Options
    mtilden wrote:
    How very black and white of you. I'm glad that if I'm in a public place and a member of Hezbollah decides to sit next to me the best I get from Israel is, "Sorry, thanks for playing."

Consider yourself BLESSED if you are sitting next to a member of hezbollah and all you get from Israel is that response. You could have your head fucking severed off from the hezbollah member your'e sitting next to.
  • Options
    mtilden wrote:

If a police officer/soldier/what the fuck ever has to choose between possibly taking the lives of several innocents, in order to save the lives of MANY innocents, while I'd personally never want to have to make that choice, there is certainly argument for the logic in it. Ya know, taking the lives of few, to save the lives of many?

And I didnt write it, the guy in the source given did. So how very black and white of him. I do think he makes some good points tho. Even in America, where "our rights are being taken left and right", we're still allowed to disagree. Hats off to you for "taking off your blinders". Carefull you dont end up poking your eye out. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Besides bigotry and fear? You seem to want to absolve Hezbollah and "just about everyone in the Middle East" of any responsibility.

No, I don't absolve anyone of responsibility. I think both parties are fucked up, and there will never be peace in the Middle East.

Killing in the name of God is as insane to me as if I climbed to the top of an overpass and started shooting people on the highway.
  • Options
    If a police officer/soldier/what the fuck ever has to choose between possibly taking the lives of several innocents, in order to save the lives of MANY innocents, while I'd personally never want to have to make that choice, there is certainly argument for the logic in it. Ya know, taking the lives of few, to save the lives of many?

And I didnt write it, the guy in the source given did. So how very black and white of him. I do think he makes some good points tho. Even in America, where "our rights are being taken left and right", we're still allowed to disagree. Hats off to you for "taking off your blinders". Carefull you dont end up poking your eye out. ;)

That's an action that should only be taken when the one that has to make it is completely backed into a corner. Israel was not backed into a corner. They snapped and said, "Fuck this," and turned Charles Bronson.
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

-Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Killing in the name of God is as insane to me as if I climbed to the top of an overpass and started shooting people on the highway.

I agree. There's only a handful of people that I would ever dream of killing for. God isnt one. Im not the most religious of fellows, Im all for believing in something tho. As far as your statement goes, you're preaching to the choir on that one.BUT hose countries would be killing each other no matter wtf the US or the british had ever done in those areas.

I also sometimes wonder, are these people really all fighting in the name of allah? Or are they just as concerned about their wealth and oil as we are? Maybe the whole allah thing is just a way to keep their people busy. Thats the trouble with near nation-wide religions. Much easier to distract/sway the population. That kind of process wouldnt work on America, there's too much diversity. When these people learn to accept diversity, then they'll have a chance for peace.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    mtilden wrote:
    That's an action that should only be taken when the one that has to make it is completely backed into a corner. Israel was not backed into a corner. They snapped and said, "Fuck this," and turned Charles Bronson.

Israel, much like any other human or group of humans, has their limits. And Israel has taken its lumps. Id only let a guy poking me in the chest so many times (and itd actually be pretty many times, I tend to not want to fight, it hurts) , before I had enough and tried to take his head off. And I think Israel just got tired of being poked.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Israel, much like any other human or group of humans, has their limits. And Israel has taken its lumps. Id only let a guy poking me in the chest so many times, before I had enough and tried to take his head off.

When does that ever work in actual situations outside of George McFly?
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

-Joe Strummer 1952-2002

-George Orwell
  • Options
    mtilden wrote:
    When does that ever work in actual situations outside of George McFly?

Im guessing its just never worked for you. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Im guessing its just never worked for you. ;)

No, in my attempts to hit my provocatuer I usually end up striking his girlfriend, my friends, the bartender. You know, collateral damage.
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

-Joe Strummer 1952-2002

-George Orwell
  • Options
    mtilden wrote:
    No, in my attempts to hit my provocatuer I usually end up striking his girlfriend, my friends, the bartender. You know, collateral damage.

Man, its just two fists. You need to learn some technique. ;)

Besides, if they are dumb enough to stay close when punches are flying, thats their dumb ass fault. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    You take the turban off the Arab. You take the yammaca off the Jew. They look the same.

So why do they hate eachother so much?
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    You take the turban off the Arab. You take the yammaca off the Jew. They look the same.

So why do they hate eachother so much?

Im not sure I wanna touch this one. Do all black people look alike to you too?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Im not sure I wanna touch this one. Do all black people look alike to you too?

Point is.....they are from the same area of the world. They obviously have physical features that are very similar. They are basically the same people, but just divided by religious belief.
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Point is.....they are from the same area of the world. They obviously have physical features that are very similar. They are basically the same people, but just divided by religious belief.

I see your meaning now. Your right, if we couldn answer that, we'd have it made.

And Riot Act does kick ass. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad