Options

Iran threatens response if Syria attacked

PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3281121,00.html

Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon Mohammad-Reza Sheybani says 'Israel can't deal with our capabilities' Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon Mohammad-Reza Sheybani says 'Israel can't deal with our capabilities; Lebanon war beginning of end of Israel'
Dudi Cohen

Iranian threats against Israel continue: Iranian media outlets published sections of interviews given by Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon Mohammad-Reza Sheybani, who said that Hizbullah's military capability has greatly increased in the last decade, and threatened that if
Israel harmed Syria, the Iranians would respond with force.

Sheybani stressed that Iran would support Syria if it is attacked by Israel. "There should be no doubt on this issue: If Syria is harmed, even in the slightest way, we will respond with force. This, on the basis of the joint defense agreement in effect between the two countries and already signed by the two ministers of defense," he said.

Sheybani added that he thought "Israel did not have the ability to deal with Iran's capabilities."

The Iranian news agency Fars, closely associated with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, published parts of the interview, and reported that Sheybani denied that his country was transferring arms to Hizbullah, but said that the organization has been busy heavily arming itself since the IDF's withdrawal from Lebanon.

"There are those who ask whether Hizbullah's military ability compares with that of Israel. Our answer is that the Hizbullah model of 2006 is very different to the Hizbullah model of 1996," Sheybani said.

However, he denied that Iran armed the organization, and hinted that the organization could be using weapons left behind by Israel in Lebanon.

"After the withdrawal of Israel in 2000, a lot of weapons arrived in the hands of Hizbullah. And therefore there is the possibility that the sound of the missiles exploding in Haifa are known to Israelis: These missiles were left there from 2000," he claimed.

'Beginning of the end of Israel'

Addressing the possibility that the IDF may conquer parts of Lebanon, Sheybani said: "In this war there is the chance that Israel could enter Lebanese soil and hold parts of it – that's certainly a possibility. But the problem is that if someone enters it's not sure he will be allowed to leave," the ambassador said.

Sheybani repeated the claim of the Hizbullah Chief Hassan Nasrallah according to which no Hizbullah member was killed in IDF attacks, and added that there nothing to be happy about in reports of the IDF battle in Maroun al-Ras.

Sheybani's comments came a day after Hizbullah representative in Iran, Hussein Sif al-Din, threatened that his organization planned to increase its attacks in Israel, until "no place in Israel will be safe."

At a conference in Tehran, attended also by Hamas and Palestinian Authority representatives, al-Din threatened that "this war will be remembered as the beginning of the end of Israel.
Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Is it wrong to hope Iran's threats toward Israel are realized? Okay, yes, it's wrong. Peace is the only option for victory here. But the agressor needs to be held accountable and if war is what Israel is hell-bent on achieving (and it's quite obvious to me that's the case) then I see it only fitting that Israel should be destroyed. Am I way off here? And I don't mean by a third party....I think the U.S. should stay out of this, which is obviously impossible. But WW3 seems likely in this situation, and I for one will be rooting for the side against Isreal and its terrorist allies.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Is it wrong to hope Iran's threats toward Israel are realized? Okay, yes, it's wrong. Peace is the only option for victory here. But the agressor needs to be held accountable and if war is what Israel is hell-bent on achieving (and it's quite obvious to me that's the case) then I see it only fitting that Israel should be destroyed. Am I way off here? And I don't mean by a third party....I think the U.S. should stay out of this, which is obviously impossible. But WW3 seems likely in this situation, and I for one will be rooting for the side against Isreal and its terrorist allies.

I think you got it nailed. If Israel harms Syria, they are going to have Iran knocking down their front door along side Syria. Then if the US get's involved, we might see China and Russia join the war. The it will be WW3/4 and possibly the end of life on earth.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Then you'd better hope that the war never hits our turf here in the US. What with you rooting against us and all. Remember, us republican bushies all have guns, and no morals, and no qualms about killing innocents.

<
    insert saracastic face here.

Seriously, there is sooooooooooo much more going on here at the hands of sooooooooooo many more people/leaders than the US. If you think "bushies" arent worried, your mistaken.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646

Wow. What is the average IQ of Pearl Jam fans these days?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

140 here.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Oh, so this is about intelligence? I thought it was about love and peace. "Can you feel this....world with your heart and not your brain?" btw, I don't appreciate you attacking my intelligence. I'm human before I'm a Pearl Jam fan. Can you please fill me in on what's unintelligent about pulling for peace?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

Well, I don't think IQ tests are entirely accurate, but I score between 120 and 150 usually. When I was 13 I was graded 4th year university student in most subjects.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Oh, so this is about intelligence? I thought it was about love and peace. "Can you feel this....world with your heart and not your brain?" btw, I don't appreciate you attacking my intelligence. I'm human before I'm a Pearl Jam fan. Can you please fill me in on what's unintelligent about pulling for peace?

Rooting against one side, or taking sides when discussing ww3, isnt exactly "pulling for peace" now is it?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Then you'd better hope that the war never hits our turf here in the US. What with you rooting against us and all. Remember, us republican bushies all have guns, and no morals, and no qualms about killing innocents.

<
    insert saracastic face here.

Seriously, there is sooooooooooo much more going on here at the hands of sooooooooooo many more people/leaders than the US. If you think "bushies" arent worried, your mistaken.
    I understand your point, but I will stand by my beliefs. Peace is the only way. America is terrorizing the middle-east, just as Israel is now doing. I do realize that some wiser-than-most republicans may be concerned about this as well, but for the most part they're perpetuating it. Killing in the name of freedom, democracy, or patriotism is no better than killing for no reason at all.
  • Options
    I understand your point, but I will stand by my beliefs. Peace is the only way. America is terrorizing the middle-east, just as Israel is now doing. I do realize that some wiser-than-most republicans may be concerned about this as well, but for the most part they're perpetuating it. Killing in the name of freedom, democracy, or patriotism is no better than killing for no reason at all.

America is attempting to control nations who are out of control. As usual, our hearts in the right place, (sort of), but the plan has gone to shit. When will we learn that you cant negotiate with madmen?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Rooting against one side, or taking sides when discussing ww3, isnt exactly "pulling for peace" now is it?
    I started my post saying that it's obviously wrong. My point was that if peace is not an option because there is a constant aggressor, isn't it more fair that the aggressor be destroyed rather than keep destroying?
  • Options
    I started my post saying that it's obviously wrong. My point was that if peace is not an option because there is a constant aggressor, isn't it more fair that the aggressor be destroyed rather than keep destroying?

No offense, but who the hell taught you people that life is ever fair? Thats where the youth of today's parents fucked up big time. Newsflash, the strong survive. In the jungle, in the city, in the burbs, in 3rd world countries, the strong survive. Rarely did the survivor get there by being fair.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    America is attempting to control nations who are out of control. As usual, our hearts in the right place, (sort of), but the plan has gone to shit. When will we learn that you cant negotiate with madmen?
    An extremely generous way to look at it. The problem is that the American government doesn't believe in democracy. We put our people in where we want them, even if it's to have an "election" to make it look legit. There have been several elections throughout the world where the U.S. has supported opposition to or even overthrown democratically elected leaders because they didn't have the best interst of the U.S. at hand. You call that democracy? It's not about helping, it's about America getting what they want. Democracy my ass.
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646

How about killing to protect your own citizens? Do Israelis deserve to be protected from rocket attacks, or should they just sit back and take it?
  • Options
    No offense, but who the hell taught you people that life is ever fair? Thats where the youth of today's parents fucked up big time. Newsflash, the strong survive. In the jungle, in the city, in the burbs, in 3rd world countries, the strong survive. Rarely did the survivor get there by being fair.
    That's one hell of a way to live your life. Good thing you've got your guns because I'm guessing you'll need them with that kind of attitude.
  • Options
    That's one hell of a way to live your life. Good thing you've got your guns because I'm guessing you'll need them with that kind of attitude.

Ive got two guns, one for each of ya...........

(in best doc holliday voice)

:p

Life is only unfair to those who fuck theirs up. Everyone creates their own reality. Soz.
    I chose to not spend my life blaming others for what it is. Id rather spend that energy improving it.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    How about killing to protect your own citizens? Do Israelis deserve to be protected from rocket attacks, or should they just sit back and take it?
    Anyone who believes this started with rocket attacks on Israel is ignorant and/or naive. Of course you can protect yourself. Please remind me how killing children with U.S. missiles is keeping Israel safe.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    jsand wrote:

I thought the current rocket attacks came AFTER Israel attacked....and that arguement could now be used by Hezbollah to defend their people...said it once will say it again...BOTH are guilty of crimes....idioits on both side of border.....how about both just stop for a minute and think things through and realize that their violent tendancies are killing people who want nothing to do with this madness.....people on both sides are suffering for the evil shelfish actions of a few....sickening....humanity disgusts me right now....
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    America is attempting to control nations who are out of control.

Did you mean to say that "America is attempting to control nations WITH OIL who are out of control". ?

Because there are plenty of other nations that are out of control, and we don't seem to be rushing to help them out.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Did you mean to say that "America is attempting to control nations WITH OIL who are out of control". ?

Because there are plenty of other nations that are out of control, and we don't seem to be rushing to help them out.
    Yeah, not nearly enough oil in Darfur.....
  • Options
    Anyone who believes this started with rocket attacks on Israel is ignorant and/or naive. Of course you can protect yourself. Please remind me how killing children with U.S. missiles is keeping Israel safe.

Future terrorists are dead before they can get started? Not saying im in agreement with it. But maybe thats the plan. Tho I dont believe that children are the targets, I also dont disbelieve that many become casualties of war. I find it amusing how much the discrepancy in bodycounts is the big topic of discussion around here lately. As tho if the counts were even, or "fair" would make it all okay?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:

One day at a time. Once we secure the oil, we'll be in the perfect position to help them all. Rome wasnt built in a day my friend. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

If you think that Israel's enemies are any better and that it would be better for them to destroy Israel; then you've completely lost your mind or you're extremely short-sighted and naive.

If you think destroying Israel by an Iran/Syria tag-team, will result in "Peace" you are equally delerious.

If such a thing were to occur, they would soon turn their attention and focus to another group/country/religion. Then, they would start the wheels of propaganda turning, to convince all the world that they too (insert the name of their next target) need to be eliminated and wiped off the planet.

It wouldn't stop till the US or someone else swooped in and hammered their ass into oblivion.

Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Israel...etc....etc; all these fuckers are always involved in propaganda and creating "events of attrocities " so they can have an excuse to kill each other. Then they all throw their hands into the air and play the victim. It's all a HUGE load of crap. They are all full of crap.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    If you think that Israel's enemies are any better and that it would be better for them to destroy Israel; then you've completely lost your mind or you're extremely short-sighted and naive.

If you think destroying Israel by an Iran/Syria tag-team, will result in "Peace" you are equally delerious.

If such a thing were to occur, they would soon turn their attention and focus to another group/country/religion. Then, they would start the wheels of propaganda turning, to convince all the world that they too (insert the name of their next target) need to be eliminated and wiped off the planet.

It wouldn't stop till the US or someone else swooped in and hammered their ass into oblivion.

Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Israel...etc....etc; all these fuckers are always involved in propaganda and creating "events of attrocities " so they can have an excuse to kill each other. Then they all throw their hands into the air and play thre victim. It's all a HUGE load of crap. They are all full of crap.

No no....there is a minority of people full of crap....just like their is in North America...unfortunely they all run the countries....do you not think that the majority just want to live their lives?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Israel...etc....etc; all these fuckers are always involved in propaganda and creating "events of attrocities " so they can have an excuse to kill each other. Then they all throw their hands into the air and play the victim. It's all a HUGE load of crap. They are all full of crap.

Whoa, ANTI-SEMITE!!!! lol

Seriously though, what a load of crap.
  • Options
    No no....there is a minority of people full of crap....just like their is in North America...unfortunely they all run the countries....do you not think that the majority just want to live their lives?

Amazing how so many want to just live their lives, but the killing hardly seems to end.

Maybe they can charge a "non-believer Tax " and everything will be a-okay!
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Seriously though, what a load of crap.

What I said?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Amazing how so many want to just live their lives, but the killing hardly seems to end.

Maybe they can charge a "non-believer Tax " and everything will be a-okay!

So what are saying to me?

That you don't believe that the majority want to live their lives or what?