Options

Regarding Bush Sr attending Ken Lay's memorial service

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Does he not give a shit? I mean, I know he's never going to run for office again... but doesn't it make all Republicans look bad, particularly his sons, the President, and Gov. Jeb who may run for President? Is he just beyond caring about his own reputation? Because I think its safe to say 99.999% of people think Ken Lay was a complete a$$hole.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13829798/

Maybe he is just confident that people don't pay attention or don't give a shit themselves? Seriously... do people give a shit that their former President is paying tribute to one of the greatest theives in world history?

Or maybe its that people do indeed give a shit, but feel there's nothing they can do about it?

I hope the answer is the latter. Its gives me at least a glimmer of hope that things can be changed.

But back to the people who don't want things to change... I've already heard some die-hard Bush supporters say "well, he may have done some bad things, but he was still human..." well i guess they would attend Jeffrey Dahmer's memorial service then...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Interesting. Politicians rarely, if ever, make public appearances without specific intention.

You can judge a man by the company he keeps.
  • Options
    So CruelSo Cruel Posts: 10
    none of you have ever had a friend or someone you know make mistakes in life? Very easy for you guys to sit on your high horse and make comments.

A guy I knew from my childhood got caught up in drugs and some other bad stuff. He died in a police car chase. I hadn't sen him in years but I still went to his funeral, does that make me a bad person?

I saw Bush on Larry King and he said that he knew Ken Lay but wasn't close friends with him. There is nothing wrong with Bush Sr. going to the funeral.
    With gems and rhinestones!!!

• Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I do enjoy how those who pretend to care like do dehumanize their "enemies" while accusing the other side of the same thing. I guess this thread is more proof that those on the left do exactly what they preach against in spreading hate.
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    maybe he was just a friend? *shrugs*

Like said above, you don't have control on what your friends do, but if they are a friend you just don't abandon them if they fuck up.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    zstillings wrote:
    I do enjoy how those who pretend to care like do dehumanize their "enemies" while accusing the other side of the same thing. I guess this thread is more proof that those on the left do exactly what they preach against in spreading hate.

greed is by far the most human of human traits ... i don't really care if he attended the funeral ... you know the saying - "birds of a feather, flock together" ...
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    i don't really care if he attended the funeral

Then we do agree on something.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    zstillings wrote:
    Then we do agree on something.

i think we've shown that in the past
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    i think we've shown that in the past

Very true.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I couldnt agree more with these responses:

So Cruel:

none of you have ever had a friend or someone you know make mistakes in life? Very easy for you guys to sit on your high horse and make comments.

A guy I knew from my childhood got caught up in drugs and some other bad stuff. He died in a police car chase. I hadn't sen him in years but I still went to his funeral, does that make me a bad person?

I saw Bush on Larry King and he said that he knew Ken Lay but wasn't close friends with him. There is nothing wrong with Bush Sr. going to the funeral.

zstillings:

blackredyellow:

maybe he was just a friend? *shrugs*

Like said above, you don't have control on what your friends do, but if they are a friend you just don't abandon them if they fuck up.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    Shame he never did time...
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    So Cruel wrote:

No, your friend got caught up in something that he got addicted to and it was a way to escape reality and it took over his life and its sad.

This cock sucking mother fucking scumbag stole millions from people because he is a greedy scumbag with no regard for the well being of others. He can fuck himself and I hope he rots in hell for all the lives he destroyed. Fuck him and his friends.

I can say, without question, that if I had a friend who did what he did, I would disown them as a friend. They wouldnt be my fucking friend from the get go so that point is irrelavent.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    It is a shame he never did time - although, based on my belief system, I'm sure he is getting what he had coming to him...

Having said that - it is true - you cannot control who your friends are. I have no problem with this and don't think it is representative of "republicans"... that's just silly.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Does he not give a shit? I mean, I know he's never going to run for office again... but doesn't it make all Republicans look bad, particularly his sons, the President, and Gov. Jeb who may run for President? Is he just beyond caring about his own reputation? Because I think its safe to say 99.999% of people think Ken Lay was a complete a$$hole.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13829798/

Maybe he is just confident that people don't pay attention or don't give a shit themselves? Seriously... do people give a shit that their former President is paying tribute to one of the greatest theives in world history?

Or maybe its that people do indeed give a shit, but feel there's nothing they can do about it?

I hope the answer is the latter. Its gives me at least a glimmer of hope that things can be changed.

But back to the people who don't want things to change... I've already heard some die-hard Bush supporters say "well, he may have done some bad things, but he was still human..." well i guess they would attend Jeffrey Dahmer's memorial service then...

You're really criticising someone for attending a funeral? That says something about your character.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Pickr wrote:
    Shame he never did time...

He might be now. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    He might be now. ;)

He sure is...
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    I'm glad Kenny Boy is gone. I hope in his last moments he thought about what he had done and made peace with himself. As for George, Sr -- well, I dont think attending the funeral should cause character suspicions. George has shown his true character as president and as the father of george and by marrying Barbara. That shows what a true asshole he is.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Heard today on the news that the minister compared Ken Lay to MLKJr. and Jesus.....wow is all I can say....
  • Options
    You can judge a man by the company he keeps.

Actually, you can't.

Jesus hung around the worst of the worst and wasn't too shabby a person (regardless of whether or not you believe he's the Savior).