Options

The Tank Man

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tankman/view/

You all probably know about the June 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. China's last major push for democracy. This is what that video is about, mainly about tank man. However, it also talks about modern day China. How the chinese government censors things like google searches and emails. How the economic reform in the country blinds people to the tyrannical regime. This is a good example of how governments operate not only in a communist state.
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Very good documentary. Frontline puts on some of the better programs on PBS. They had some excellent footage of the protests and how the Chinese Gov't finally just rolled in and put and end to things when they saw they had no way out. The best part is, is that nobody even knows who this guy is!! He was just swept into the crowd and never heard from again. Wonder who helped him escape, or who took him into "custody". Makes you think.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    and so the neocons use this content of history in a reverse psychology way to flip and fool us and underestimate us into believing what they truley know and truley believe are lies to pry and Dictate onto others. They obviously think we don't have a brain. They are the dictarors pretending to be the tank man. How dumb do we have to be to not see?
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    not4u wrote:
    and so the neocons use this content of history in a reverse psychology way to flip and fool us and underestimate us into believing what they truley know and truley believe are lies to pry and Dictate onto others. They obviously think we don't have a brain. They are the dictarors pretending to be the tank man. How dumb do we have to be to not see?

It's too bad they don't just appear as reptiles so we know they are bad. :(
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Democracy is no reliance upon those more greedy than you.
    From those you let know your beliefs control the citizens freedom.
    IT is the same head that will detract all your benifits.
    All things need to grow.
    Does Money own freedom? not when it comes to god or spirit of course.
    there ain't gunna be any middle any more.
    Its greed that will kill us all
    "How come Pearl Jam never plays here!!?"
    dance in your money bath as many better people suffer.
    Let heaven rain its fullest power upon those deserving.
    is this a piece of artwork?,
    or the army's restraint?
    Power corrupts, absolute power will corrupt absolutley.
    Truth is the worst type of information.
    it causes betrayal.
    Both good and evil Love what they are even if they don't know what they are..
    ...Do you know what you are?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's too bad they don't just appear as reptiles so we know they are bad. :(

they do.
    But reptiles are not bad. Its thier way of nature. We as humans have the choice to choose the reptile way, explaining the reptile existance of thought passed upon evoltution that we all have in each of us created by characteristics, through evolution allow us to define our emotion that we choose to follow. That must be why our blood runs so close to all living things. Children grow the faces of thier teachers.
  • Options
    not4u wrote:
    they do.
    But reptiles are not bad. Its thier way of nature. We as humans have the choice to choose the reptile way, explaining the reptile existance of thought passed upon evoltution that we all have in each of us created by characteristics through evolution allow us to define our emotion that we choose to follow. That must be why our blood runs so close to all living things. Children grow the faces of thier teachers.

The body rots from the head down....
  • Options
    Somebody that is good at making music should write a parody of Scatman.

I'm the tank man! Skibitibdihgb.. whatever.