Options

Ethanol as a band aid

MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://alternet.org/envirohealth/38540/
Conserve my man, conserve:) Who else thinks that we are not going to find a solution to our energy needs??? Looks like we have peaked and looking at the downward slope, but I'm sure that this has all been said here before. Happy Friday Y'all.
Axis of justice.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    thanks for the link: like your title. :)
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    I don't really agree with the sentiments of this article. I really haven't heard anyone saying that ethanol or biodeisel are going to be the "silver bullet" and solve all of our energy problems. This doesn't mean that people should go around trashing these technologies claiming that they are useless. Of course they have drawbacks, every single alternative energy source does. She does a good job of tearing down biofuels but doesn't propose a real solution to the problem.

Why can't the use of biofuels be incorporated with increasing fuel efficiency, or even bioethanol/diesel running hybrids. Sure it is not going to cure all of our problems, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. Maybe it will even buy us some time to come up with other,better alternatives.

I don't really think that there is a silver bullet that is going to save us from this coming crisis. Humanity as a whole may just have to face up to the fact that the way we are currently existing is not sustainable, and if we do not then we will just have to live with the consequences.
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Old Mr.Bush was singing it's praises this morning in his speech on the T.V. Chevy is also pushing it in their add campaign, so it must be the next big thing;) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative fuels to fill the void until we can figure out the next resource to run into the ground. Maybe electric cars are the answer. Wind and solar power???? Love to see what the future brings.
    Axis of justice.com