Options

concerning middle east; we can do something

melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
thank you for taking the time to help us to help others
thank you my family....peace and love
muy graci'as, mi familia .....paz y amor

Dear friends, Right now a tragedy is unfolding in the Middle East. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed or wounded in the bombings in Lebanon, Palestine and Israel and the death toll is rising every day. If the US, Syria or Iran get involved, there is a chance of a catastrophic larger war. UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for an immediate ceasefire and the deployment of international troops to the Israel-Lebanon border, and been strongly supported by almost every world leader. This is the best proposal yet to stop the violence, but the US, the UK, and Israel have refused to accept it. I have just signed a petition calling on US President Bush, UK Prime Minister Blair, and Israeli Prime Minister Olmert to support Kofi Annan's proposal. If millions of people join this call, and we advertise our views in newspapers in the US, UK, and Israel, we can help pressure these leaders to stop the fighting. Go to the link below and sign up now! http://www.ceasefirecampaign.org With hope,

Hope you can pass it on xx
all insanity:
a derivitive of nature.
nature is god
god is love
love is light
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I appreciate your efforts, and I really do hope that you succeed. But you're assuming that Bush cares what most Americans think. Unfortunately, his behavior speaks to the contrary. Sorry for the cynicism.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    they had a cease fire for a long time, all it did was give hezbollah a foothold in southern lebanon to launch their terrorist attacks. let israel wipe them out.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    melodious wrote:
    thank you for taking the time to help us to help others
    thank you my family....peace and love
    muy graci'as, mi familia .....paz y amor

Dear friends, Right now a tragedy is unfolding in the Middle East. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed or wounded in the bombings in Lebanon, Palestine and Israel and the death toll is rising every day. If the US, Syria or Iran get involved, there is a chance of a catastrophic larger war. UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for an immediate ceasefire and the deployment of international troops to the Israel-Lebanon border, and been strongly supported by almost every world leader. This is the best proposal yet to stop the violence, but the US, the UK, and Israel have refused to accept it. I have just signed a petition calling on US President Bush, UK Prime Minister Blair, and Israeli Prime Minister Olmert to support Kofi Annan's proposal. If millions of people join this call, and we advertise our views in newspapers in the US, UK, and Israel, we can help pressure these leaders to stop the fighting. Go to the link below and sign up now! http://www.ceasefirecampaign.org With hope,

Hope you can pass it on xx

Not to sound cynical at all, but what we really need is a website called...

Stophatingeachother.com or
    jewsandarabsforpeace.com or
    whatgoodisaceasefireifyouwanttokilljews.luv

Ceasefire won't solve anything. Then again, neither does war.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    they had a cease fire for a long time, all it did was give hezbollah a foothold in southern lebanon to launch their terrorist attacks. let israel wipe them out.

Do you really think war is going to stop Hezbollah or do you think it might actually make them stronger??? Israel and the US are reaffirming the extremist propganda machine. This is Lebanon's 9/11.