Options

I wish...

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,545
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
that we would get rid of the Democrat and the Repulican party titles. That way people would be able to focus whole heartedly on the issue at hand rather than making biased assumptions simply because it's coming from a dem or rep. Too much shit is left out of people's heads because of the two damn words.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    that we would get rid of the Democrat and the Repulican party titles. That way people would be able to focus whole heartedly on the issue at hand rather than making biased assumptions simply because it's coming from a dem or rep. Too much shit is left out of people's heads because of the two damn words.

I wholeheartedly agree (except for the cursing).
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I agree, but then people would actually have to make an effort to determine what the various candidates think ond a variety of subjects-that is unless you're a single-issue pro-life voter in which case it will still remain relatively simple for you.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    I read that some time ago some dude ran as mayor for his town as a democrat and was really pissed off about how people voted for the party and not for the canidate. Well, this dude was being ran against so he put in a shadow repulican canidate to run against him. The republican canidate made no speeches, had no promotions, and no one had even seen. Guess what...the shadow canidate won. Funny thing is, the dude had entered a donkey with fake credintials as the republican canidate, just to show the town what a bunch of jackasses they are. (yes, I meant that pun)

And if you have to know, I read it in a weird book about strange shit that's happened while on the toliet.
  • Options
    And if you have to know, I read it in a weird book about strange shit that's happened while on the toliet.

Whoa! All that happened while on the toilet?

Actually, that is kind of funny; wonder if the townsfolk felt as foolish as they should have.
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    But, if you erase the team names... how will Americans know which team they are on? That (R) or (D) next to the name is the only indication that tells us who were supposed to vote for.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    agreed!

people take positions based on their party (or worse, their parent's party), and aren't open to dialogue contradicting their views.

I'm an independent. always have been, always will be.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    agreed!

people take positions based on their party (or worse, their parent's party), and aren't open to dialogue contradicting their views.

I'm an independent. always have been, always will be.

I tried to get independent on my card but fucked it up somehow. Oh well.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I wholeheartedly agree (except for the cursing).
    I agree with the cursing as well.