Options

end times/rapture/anti-christ

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
just a bit confused on what christians believe about it all. so, what exactly is the anti-christ supposed to do? i mean, i have a basic understanding of that aspect but i never really thought too much into it or read too much on it...this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread, so if you feel you will get bashed for it feel free to pm it to me, i'm just curious about it all.
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    El_Kabong wrote:
    just a bit confused on what christians believe about it all. so, what exactly is the anti-christ supposed to do? i mean, i have a basic understanding of that aspect but i never really thought too much into it or read too much on it...this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread, so if you feel you will get bashed for it feel free to pm it to me, i'm just curious about it all.

Is the Rapture in the Bible?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Is the Rapture in the Bible?

no.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    The Pancake God will spite all Waffle eaters on the great Syurp Judgement day. The ones with the sticky stained hands shall be judged! All that deny the deliciousness of the pancakes shall be sent to the fiery brim of hell.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    brainofPJ wrote:
    no.

Where does it originate from?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Where does it originate from?

The belief is based on 1*Thessalonians 4:16, 17, where the related words “caught away” are found.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    The Pancake God will spite all Waffle eaters on the great Syurp Judgement day. The ones with the sticky stained hands shall be judged! All that deny the deliciousness of the pancakes shall be sent to the fiery brim of hell.
    but waffles are so much better
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    "The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) whereby it is believed that all Christians will be taken from Earth by Jesus Christ into Heaven. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will enter Heaven, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be taken into heaven prior to the Second Coming of Christ, and there will be a period of time where non-Christians will still be left on earth before Christ arrives to set up his earthly kingdom."

Wikipedia :)
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    but waffles are so much better

Evil doer! Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so Waffles are now doing to the Pancakes. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Waffles, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Pancakes. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any food group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any tasty breakfast food in history.

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    Evil doer! Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so Waffles are now doing to the Pancakes. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Waffles, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Pancakes. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any food group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any tasty breakfast food in history.

ok. i almost pissed my pants.
    everything past 11 at night is funny to me and now its . . .1:35
    pancakes . . hah
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    ok. i almost pissed my pants.
    everything past 11 at night is funny to me and now its . . .1:35
    pancakes . . hah

Dont even get me started on that ''French'' Toast.

Freedom Toast, Goddamnit.

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    Holy Shit You Live Very Close To Me!
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    facist french toast bastards
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    Yeah I do, me you and stylo17 are the 3 pearl jam fans in florida.

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    thats a worthy amount for them to come down here isnt it?
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    not to be creepy but are you male or female?

and i really hate living on fla.

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Hey guys, i'm in Tampa! Didn't know there were many of us around here
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    All Tampa Bay fans should get together

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    Im female, but believe it or not im 15.

not the typical pj fan
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    Im female, but believe it or not im 15.

not the typical pj fan

yeah for sure. thats really cool tho, most girls at my hs are musically retarded. i took an 18 year old girl to the vegas show. we havent talked since. she was an asshole at the show. she listened to emo shit.

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    oooooooooooooo lord, im basically all "grunge" ( i use that term loosely) and good ol' classic rock.

listening to soundgarden right now.
    sounds like that girl was a poon.
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    All Tampa Bay fans should get together

Hell yea, that would be good times. What a turn-out we'd have...all 4 of us haha
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    that would be . . . . great. hahaha

notice how were all on here at once. its sad there nothing better to do around here
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    Im listening to SG too, Toy box from the early stuff.

I met a dude from bradenton in Vegas that was cool. his name on here is loveboatcayden

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    whidbeywhidbey ATX Posts: 57
    Ahnimus wrote:
    "The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) whereby it is believed that all Christians will be taken from Earth by Jesus Christ into Heaven. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will enter Heaven, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be taken into heaven prior to the Second Coming of Christ, and there will be a period of time where non-Christians will still be left on earth before Christ arrives to set up his earthly kingdom."

Wikipedia :)

There is a hugely popular (among evangelicals) series called "Left Behind" meaning all those good christians go to heaven and all us heathens are left behind. multi million seller. it is truly scary. http://www.leftbehind.com
    W. Palm Beach-1 08/00, Seattle Groundwork 10/01, Seattle 1&2 12/02,
    San Antonio 04/03, Raleigh 04/03, Dallas 06/03, Gorge 09/05, Vancouver 09/05, LA II 07/06, Tampa 06/08, Chicago II 08/09, ACL 10/09, Vedder solo 1&2 10/12, Dallas 11/13, ACL 10/14 1&2, OKC 2022, ATX 9/23 1&2
  • Options
    Repent ye, pigs in thy blanket.
    www.myspace.com/swearupanddown

7/5/98
    10/17/00
    6/9/2003
    2006: Come back.

10/10/91,12/11/91,4/19/92,11/11 & 12/93, 9/16/95.
    I need a time machine.
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    whidbey wrote:
    There is a hugely popular (among evangelicals) series called "Left Behind" meaning all those good christians go to heaven and all us heathens are left behind. multi million seller. it is truly scary. http://www.leftbehind.com

It's the Family Ties guy!

whatever happened to Tina Yothers... she was so annoying.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.