Options

Hezbollah launching rockets into Israel out of Kfar-Qana

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475

I wonder if anyone is going to try to argue with video evidence. I'm sure they will. Thanks for the post.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    . Thanks for the post.

More than welcome!
  • Options
    Since the majority have expectedly ignored this, i'll go ahead and say it.

It's SICKENING!!!!!!!!! And a bunch of cowards. Hiding their weaponry behind civilians and forcing them to stay is absolutely SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Cannot access at work but yes using civilians is cowardly at best....I just wish disputes could be settled like they did in the Middle Ages...get all the boys in a large open field and let them kill each other all day long to finally get a victor...you know this is away from my peace march but really I cannot stand seeing anymore people getting hurt on both sides of the border...it depresses me day in and day out....I just hope this all ends sooner than later....
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Kind of the same as the Israeli government not having their offices in the north. Fun and games until it is your life on the line.

Thanks for the footage.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Cannot access at work but yes using civilians is cowardly at best....I just wish disputes could be settled like they did in the Middle Ages...get all the boys in a large open field and let them kill each other all day long to finally get a victor...you know this is away from my peace march but really I cannot stand seeing anymore people getting hurt on both sides of the border...it depresses me day in and day out....I just hope this all ends sooner than later....

We may disagree on many things, but on this, I concur!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

Man, that's how it used to be ... The wars in the 50s, 60s, and 70s between Arab countries and Israel were straight-up tank battles in the desert ... There was little to none of this terrorism shit, with civilians getting targeted.
    This post probably sounds silly, but so be it. Warfare in this region gets nastier by the decade, as the boundary between soldier and civilian gets blurred by groups like Hezbollah, AND by Isreal's draconian use of air power.
  • Options
    french article behind this whole thing. translated via babelfish:

Lebanon awoke on a new massacre of innocent, the victims are handicapped children who were taken refuge in a building which was attacked by Israeli aviation Cana still, a symbol, "the grapes of anger" in 1996 had failed because of this bur. 40 or can be 50 killed today in Cana in the South Lebanon. Horror. But why a similar bur, an error? A premeditated massacre? A source generally quite informed tells us his version: "Hezbollah, wedged by the 7 points suggested by the Prime Minister Fouad Siniora, who put a plan of deployment of the Lebanese army on all the territory and primarily at the South Lebanon, and thus the disarmament of the militia of the party of God, wanted to ruin these negotiations. It put in pace a plan machiavelic by creating an event which would enable him to cancel this project. Knowing very well that Israel will not have a state of heart to bombard civil targets, militants of Hezbollah installed a base of launching of rockets on the roof from a building in Cana and y piled up crippled children in the firm intention to see a counterpart on behalf of Israeli aviation and to create a new situation, using the massacre of these innocent to take again the initiative of the negotiations "Adding: "they have uses Cana which was already a symbol of a massacre the innocent ones, they fomented a Cana 2". Indeed the president of the room Nabih Berri announced that the negotiations with the American Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will not be any more continued for the moment before having one cease unconditional fire, first claim of Hezbollah, it is necessary all to begin again again.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569

I can't watch it at work either. But from the reports I've read. It sounds like Hizbollah was operating out of a nearby building that was hit by Israel. This caused damage to the building the civilians were in and they were killed by the buildings collapse. Not by a direct hit from the shell. It also means that Hizbollah were in a different building and not directly using civilians as shields. However, who why or what those civilians were doing so close to Hizbollah can never be answered
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I can't watch it at work either. But from the reports I've read. It sounds like Hizbollah was operating out of a nearby building that was hit by Israel. This caused damage to the building the civilians were in and they were killed by the buildings collapse. Not by a direct hit from the shell. It also means that Hizbollah were in a different building and not directly using civilians as shields. However, who why or what those civilians were doing so close to Hizbollah can never be answered

hizbollah must be decapitated
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    hizbollah must be decapitated

Miller, I get the impression you don't like Hizbullah.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    kudos for the video. however, I'll wager that even if and when hezbollah is wiped out, another group just like it will pop up in 5 3/4 yrs.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Since the majority have expectedly ignored this, i'll go ahead and say it.

It's SICKENING!!!!!!!!! And a bunch of cowards. Hiding their weaponry behind civilians and forcing them to stay is absolutely SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally agree...where is the outcry about this?
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

I thought it was common knowledge.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    I thought it was common knowledge.

read around some of these threads and on myspace you would be shocked how many people believe this stuff isnt going on and how much sympathy and backing Hezbollah is getting
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

Just look around and observe the ones on here that don't say a word about this. All you need to know.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    pjalive21 wrote:
    read around some of these threads and on myspace you would be shocked how many people believe this stuff isnt going on and how much sympathy and backing Hezbollah is getting

It's not so much that Hezbollah is getting backing.....it's more that people are getting fed up with Israel and this attacking that doesn't seem to end.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

I was just talking to a Lebonese woman here, I asked her a question.

I said, "I know Hizbullah started in 1982 as a resistance. What happened since then to transform it into a terrorist group?"

She said "They haven't changed."

I'm not sure exactly what that means yet.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Some people will always defend Muslim groups like Hizbullah, and turn their finger on Israel and America. No matter what occurs, they will always find a spin, an angle and justification.

Despite the facts that are out there which indicate Hizbullah puts kids in harms way and use these kids as martyr-pawns in this conflict.

These women and children are being strategically placed, for a larger martyrdom-victim toll. Hizbullah is playing for the sympathies and outrage, from the citizens of the world, by making Israel out to be evil monsters.

They orchestrated and scripted this whole thing, to earn a desired result.

Their propaganda and staged death tolls are equally disgusting ( I argue even more so) than what Israel is doing. And what Israel is doing is horrific.

I'm not sure what a Lebonese woman from Canada, could possibly know about today's Hizbullah and how they compare to the 1982 version of Hizbullah. Any chance she has a vested interest or bias in this conflict?
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    NMyTree wrote:
    These women and children are being strategically placed, for a larger martyrdom-victim toll. Hizbullah is playing for the sympathies and outrage, from the citizens of the world, by making Israel out to be evil monsters.

If this one small group is able to make Israel look evil......then they are fucking brilliant....because it's working.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Some people will always defend Muslim groups like Hizbullah, and turn their finger on Israel and America. No matter what occurs, they will always find a spin, an angle and justification.

Despite the facts that are out there which indicate Hizbullah puts kids in harms way and use these kids as martyr-pawns in this conflict.

They orchestrated and scripted this whole thing, to earn a desired result.

Their propaganda and staged death tolls are equally disgusting ( I argue even more so) than what Israel is doing. And what Israel is doing is horrific.

I'm not sure what a Lebonese woman from Canada, could possibly know about today's Hizbullah and how they compare to the 1982 version of Hizbullah. Any chance she has a vested interest or bias in this conflict?

well spoken!!

i totally agree
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    If this one small group is able to make Israel look evil......then they are fucking brilliant....because it's working.

It doesn't take a genius to reinforce the negative biases that people all around the world have already been perpetrating for centuries.
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    sponger wrote:
    It doesn't take a genius to reinforce the negative biases that people all around the world have already been perpetrating for centuries.

Exactly.