Options

It's Reciprocal

Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Lebanon/10056105.html

Israel attacks Lebanon to get rid of Hezbollah.

Israel commits multiple crimes against humanity/international humanitarian law.

The world is enraged.

The people of Lebanon rise up to support Hezbollah, because Hezbollah is the only sense of security they have left in defense against the Israeli onslaught. Hezbollah overtake Lebanon, all is war.

Israel created Hezbollah in 1982.
This was an unintended consequence of Israeli invasion of Lebanon.
Israel boosted Lebanese support for Hezbollah in 2006.
This was an unintended consequence of Israeli aggresion in Lebanon.

Good job, fucktards.

The Markovian Process of western civilization.

"The level of disparity, the common man
The manner of destruction of the native land
The poverty of reprisal from all involved
And the scathing trajectory from the past

Markovian process lead us not in vain
Prove to our descendants what we did to them
Then make us go away"
- Bad Religion

Are Israeli's blind to their past?
Are Americans?

The same thing happened in Iraq.
We enter, hunting a non-existant enemy.
We prokove unconditional war on the natives.
We broke the levee, we broke the backs, we broke the law...

"What do you think of Western civilization?"
- I think it would be a good idea!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Lebanon/10056105.html

Israel attacks Lebanon to get rid of Hezbollah.

Israel commits multiple crimes against humanity/international humanitarian law.

The world is enraged.

The people of Lebanon rise up to support Hezbollah, because Hezbollah is the only sense of security they have left in defense against the Israeli onslaught. Hezbollah overtake Lebanon, all is war.

Israel created Hezbollah in 1982.
    This was an unintended consequence of Israeli invasion of Lebanon.
    Israel boosted Lebanese support for Hezbollah in 2006.
    This was an unintended consequence of Israeli aggresion in Lebanon.

Good job, fucktards.

The Markovian Process of western civilization.

"The level of disparity, the common man
    The manner of destruction of the native land
    The poverty of reprisal from all involved
    And the scathing trajectory from the past

Markovian process lead us not in vain
    Prove to our descendants what we did to them
    Then make us go away"
    - Bad Religion

Are Israeli's blind to their past?
    Are Americans?

The same thing happened in Iraq.
    We enter, hunting a non-existant enemy.
    We prokove unconditional war on the natives.
    We broke the levee, we broke the backs, we broke the law...

"What do you think of Western civilization?"
    - I think it would be a good idea!

You are forgetting something:

Israel moved out of Lebanon in 2000.
    The terror organization knowen as Hizbullah was order to get rid of his arsenal.
    Since 2000, Hizbullah had no reason to exist as an armed force inside Lebanon, who has its own official army.
    Hizbullah constantally broke the 2000 cease-fire during the last 6 years, including this last event of shotting towards 2 Israeli villages, crossing Israeli border, kidnap and kill Israeli army-reserve patrol soliders.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208985

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208974

This is not the black or white picture you're tring to paint. edit: are you blind to the past/present? BOTH sides are to blame.
  • Options
    "Israel moved out of Lebanon in 2000.
    The terror organization knowen as Hizbullah was order to get rid of his arsenal.
    Since 2000, Hizbullah had no reason to exist as an armed force inside Lebanon, who has its own official army.
    Hizbullah constantally broke the 2000 cease-fire during the last 6 years, including this last event of shotting towards 2 Israeli villages, crossing Israeli border, kidnap and kill Israeli army-reserve patrol soliders."

that doesn't matter to these people. it doesn't fit with their anti-american/israel agenda.
  • Options
    To quote Jerry Seinfeld:

"Who ARE these people?!"

I'm saying Hezbollah have a right to exist because Israel crossed the line.

I am totally anti-Israel on the subject of Lebanese invasion/destruction.

I am not anti-American though, cause as you so simply shown - well, there are Americans with a good global conscience and there are Americans with purely jingoistic blinders on their eyes... Wich one is good or bad is only relevant in the eye of the beholder... it's irrelevant.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    As much as I enjoy the word "fucktard", that was an incredibly one-sided analysis of a pretty complex situation.
  • Options
    and there are Americans with purely jingoistic blinders on their eyes...

Cough ...
    Uh huh.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Everyone "doing" and supporting the "doer's" Israel, does this when you try to talk sense to them:

http://www.aspencountry.com/aspen/assets/product_images/product_lib/31000-31999/31655.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone "doing" and supporting the "doer's" Israel, does this when you try to talk sense to them:

http://www.aspencountry.com/aspen/assets/product_images/product_lib/31000-31999/31655.jpg

Are you suggesting that Infinity_Now has just morphed into three small chimps?
    Dude, not cool.
  • Options
    As much as I enjoy the word "fucktard", that was an incredibly one-sided analysis of a pretty complex situation.

Ok...

post script:

Hezbollah killed a lot of people too, just not nearly as many as Israel.

Hezbollah kidnaped a few soldiers, just not as many as Israel. At least Hezbollah aren't also "kidnaping" or arresting civilians and doctors.

Hezbollah aren't nearly as armed or dangerous. They don't have anywhere near the same firepower, they haven't fired nearly as many missiles so far, and they haven't slaughtered nearly as many innocent people.

I gave a "one-sided" report, because most of the violence in the region is coming from one side - Israel, and going into the homes of civilians - non-combatants - in Lebanon.

I'm not in any way defending Hezbollah - I'm just focusing my fury over the whole situation on Israel, because they have the bigger bombs - I think once they stop antagonizing, then Hezbollah will stop responding so aggressively.

I never said I was for either side. I never said I was against either one, either. I'm just angry over the whole damn thing. I find all of this "favoritism" unacceptable - it's war, the plight of the Lebanese citizens and the punishment of the Israelis - it's all going, going, gone - it's all terrible.

Of course I don't support Israel, fuck 'em (their government, not the citizens.)
    I guess I have to make it more clear that I feel the same about Hezbollah.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    that doesn't matter to these people. it doesn't fit with their pro-american/israel agenda
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    [quote="monkey spankerSince 2000, Hizbullah had no reason to exist as an armed force inside Lebanon, who has its own official army.
    [/quote"]

So if someone also said that the IDF had no reason to exist during the recent ceasefire observed by all of the Palestinian military groups, would you have agreed to the IDF being disbanded? No. Therefore I sense an element of hypocrisy in the above post.