Options

World War Three Within Reach

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Hey there War Hawks, that tingle in your balls you're feeling, thats WWIII right around the corner. The start of this latest conflict is right in line with how the two other great wars were started. It boils down to an insult, one country makes another country look stupid, or is disrespected somehow and thats all it takes. When the fuck is that meteor going to finally take us out? End of the line my friends, the modern world started in the middle east, it will end there too.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    World War 3 essentially began 9/11/01. Of course, Democrats live in a bubble, and have distanced themselves from reality..
    "It's not that liberals know nothing. It's that what they do know isn't so."
    Ronaldus Magnus
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Now that's funny! I forgot terrorism began on 9-11... silly me
    World War 3 essentially began 9/11/01. Of course, Democrats live in a bubble, and have distanced themselves from reality..
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029

no...this is a true WORLD WAR. Not us settling a score.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    Israel fighting a neighbor is hardly cause to ring the world war trumpet. Over there I think they just call it wednesday.
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I think I read the same thing from Newt Gingrich today. Quit copying off of him. Or at least cite where this stuff is coming from.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

no, silly. TERRORISM began on 9/11. :rolleyes:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    Hey there War Hawks, that tingle in your balls you're feeling, thats WWIII right around the corner. The start of this latest conflict is right in line with how the two other great wars were started. It boils down to an insult, one country makes another country look stupid, or is disrespected somehow and thats all it takes. When the fuck is that meteor going to finally take us out? End of the line my friends, the modern world started in the middle east, it will end there too.

It can't be a world war until one of the world's major superpowers aligns itself against another of the world's major superpowers. That hasn't happened yet, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What superpower do you see opposing the US or Europe at all costs here? The potential end games of this conflict are pretty straight forward:

1) At some point a very serious act of terrorism or state aggression is going to happen in either the US, Israel or Europe that will cost the lives of hundreds of thousands. At that point much of the Arab world is going to be forceably dismantled by the West with little to no opposition.

2) Conflict will remain in small patches or regions, potentially festering over generations into an ideological struggle that may lead to WWIII. We're already in this stage now and it's not likely to turn tomorrow into another great war since the battle lines that have been drawn so far do not really divide the superpowers.

I'm not sure there are other potentialities here. Even a full-out open war with the Arab world is not going to qualify as a World War. Perhaps our definitions differ.