Options

I have posted a simular topic.. but just felt the need to express more onit.

bravesirrobinbravesirrobin Posts: 34
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Americans putting yellow stickers on there Japanese made cars which claim they are supporting our troops... " We the People Support Our Troops by putting We Support our Troop stickers on our cars." Does anyone else see the irony and pure ignorance in this? First of all you must and always support something (expecailly war) with sacrafice and utter conviction. I am to believe this war was started cause oil, just like Vietnam with rubber or the first Gulf War started cause our oil prices were increasing with every yard Sadam gained militarily. And if you are not up to date with history of war even before roman times, wars ARE started because of money no matter how much King Tut, Julius Cesar, Darth Vader or anyone says. There is always money to be had by one party or another in sended the youth of the nation into battle one way or the other.

I am not saying this cause of PJ's views, Im not even a really big fan since No Code (still a great band) so dont insult me by saying "man just cause Eddie was saying...blah..blah.." NO these are my thoughts and I think them cause they are obvious to be.

"Do not trust anyone" Should be stated instead of In God We Trust, but then again the ppl who made that also printed money.
I like..to play. - Garth
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What the hell are you talking about? It seems that liberals want to knit pick everything these days. If your going to continue to rant and rave, which you are, and rightfully as an American should, please keep it to important or relevent topics. This is just stupid. Please explain to me what the crime is in putting a magnet on the back of your car that simply states you support the troops and wish them a safe and speedy return?
  • Options
    What the hell are you talking about? It seems that liberals want to knit pick everything these days. If your going to continue to rant and rave, which you are, and rightfully as an American should, please keep it to important or relevent topics. This is just stupid. Please explain to me what the crime is in putting a magnet on the back of your car that simply states you support the troops and wish them a safe and speedy return?

Why is this so hard to understand? I dont agree with Liberals just much as I never sided with the far right.....Me as an American???? Liberals can knit pick about which ball of mine they can suck, just as Republicans can try and try to get me to join the dark side. You missed my point. I thought Ive stated pretty plainly about the stupidity of the yellow sticker. But let me do it again,:I support our troops, by putting a yellow sticker on my car. This to me is just the same as " I do not support our troops if I didnt have this STICKER on my car ", ppl having representing symbols or flags mean just about as much to me as someone who claims to support the war, but doesent. You see what Im getting at? It is just a symbol saying... hey I dont hate our troops invading "occuping" one other's country and I refuse to spit in there face upon there return in the name of our god and country. Much opposite of the poor Vietnam Vets fighting for our country the same, which brought up this fad of yellow stickers. Symbols and flags do not represent the country, the country represents the stickers and flags..and if this country should be representing anything, it should be the almighty dollar bill, cause isnt that what we are all bout?? I mean it is plainly a CAPITOLIST country and we all fall for it in a way, (g.w. being voted in twice.) Show me one person in this country that is not for sell and I will personally buy him and make him clean your room every second tuesday. My point was that I hate the whole God damn thing, not just a part of it.

but it is better than the medieval times and ...Reagon admin. too.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    Most American cars are made outside of the US, and most Japanese cars are made inside of it.
  • Options
    Most American cars are made outside of the US, and most Japanese cars are made inside of it.

yes I know and this is funny too, Americans as a whole lose money for there made cars cause noone in this country is getting paid, since its all foriegn manpower which in turn makes the car cheaper but only cause U.S. manufactures stratagy is " why sell ppl 1 car over 15 yearswhen you can sell them three in the same." while Japanese , Koreans, ect. come over here to have cheaper labor than there own assembly lines wages, and at the same time not have to pay shipping of theyer cars to U.S. which is highest car buying country.
    or am I wrong Japan......?

America is failing the car industry gross trade.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • Options
    America failed at the auto game some time ago, the only arms of GM that still make money are the loan and interest game.
  • Options
    America failed at the auto game some time ago, the only arms of GM that still make money are the loan and interest game.

Well Im not disagreeing... what is your point, to show you know stuff? Youre off the subject Japan.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Much opposite of the poor Vietnam Vets fighting for our country the same, ..........

how do you define fighting FOR your country?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    Well Im not disagreeing... what is your point, to show you know stuff? Youre off the subject Japan.

What exactly is the subject? I thought it had something to do with Americans putting patriotic stickers on foreign cars, so I thought what EvilToasterElf had some relevance. You are difficult to follow, bravesirrobin
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    All I know is that the one Iraq vet that I'm close to hates those magnets with a fiery burning passion. He says if you want to support the troops, they always appreciate eye wash, wet wipes, beef jerky, and hand-written letters.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options

Hold on...umm, we can't trust anyone

well, I trust my mom.

All wars are started for money?

Grenada? The Falklands? The War of Jenkins Ear? The War of the Roses? The Civil War? The Spanish Civil War? How about the Persian invasion of Greece?

and I thought all the problems with our troops in vietnam stemmed from the fact that they weren't using rubbers? How could the vietnam war be about rubber?

and I'm from New York, I happen to be teaching in Japan this year
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Why is this so hard to understand? I dont agree with Liberals just much as I never sided with the far right.....Me as an American???? Liberals can knit pick about which ball of mine they can suck, just as Republicans can try and try to get me to join the dark side. You missed my point. I thought Ive stated pretty plainly about the stupidity of the yellow sticker. But let me do it again,:I support our troops, by putting a yellow sticker on my car. This to me is just the same as " I do not support our troops if I didnt have this STICKER on my car ", ppl having representing symbols or flags mean just about as much to me as someone who claims to support the war, but doesent. You see what Im getting at? It is just a symbol saying... hey I dont hate our troops invading "occuping" one other's country and I refuse to spit in there face upon there return in the name of our god and country. Much opposite of the poor Vietnam Vets fighting for our country the same, which brought up this fad of yellow stickers. Symbols and flags do not represent the country, the country represents the stickers and flags..and if this country should be representing anything, it should be the almighty dollar bill, cause isnt that what we are all bout?? I mean it is plainly a CAPITOLIST country and we all fall for it in a way, (g.w. being voted in twice.) Show me one person in this country that is not for sell and I will personally buy him and make him clean your room every second tuesday. My point was that I hate the whole God damn thing, not just a part of it.

but it is better than the medieval times and ...Reagon admin. too.

You're pretty judgemental. Just because there's a sticker on a car, you automatically assume that's ALL that person does to support them?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    Please explain to me what the crime is in putting a magnet on the back of your car that simply states you support the troops and wish them a safe and speedy return?

I believe the point is that empty gestures do not win wars.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    know1 wrote:
    You're pretty judgemental. Just because there's a sticker on a car, you automatically assume that's ALL that person does to support them?
    My son-in-law is not shy, and many times since he's been home he's seen the owner of one of these vehicles and said "Hey, I'm just back from Iraq, and it's great to see people supporting the troops! What do you do to support them, exactly?" A few people have said they pray every day, but mostly he gets a blank stare. Most of them don't even give it a moments thought, they just slap it up there because they think it's the patriotic thing to do.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    I think it is more ironic to slap them on a gas guzzling SUV, especially a HUMMER!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I like that most of the "Support the Troops" magnets that I have seen are made in China.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I believe the point that is trying to be made here is that there is a tiny portion of our population that is making the sacrifice in this war... the soldiers and their families... THAT'S IT!!!
    How much of a sacrifice are YOU making to this War? Nothing. Spending the $2.99 to purchase a Made In China magnet to stick on your 8 MPG Suburban and continue your wasteful habits as you idle away in the drive-thru windows doesn't count. You are not even paying for this war... you are passing on the bill to your kids and your grandkids. We are not making ANY Sacrifices... like the sacrifices our grandparents made in 1942.
    So, spare us the "We" when you speak of this war... WE are NOT doing our part in this war... that burden has been strapped to the backs of our military personel to bear.
    You support the troops by simply saying it. Yet, your precious fucking taxes are more important than purchasing more Kevlar vests or up-armouring kits for light duty National Guard HMMWVs.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!