Options

scholars for 9/11 truth on c-span

duncan in the sandduncan in the sand Posts: 35
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Will be aired on Tuesday 8/1 at 6:10 P.M EST. This really brings a lot of questions to the forefront.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Will be aired on Tuesday 8/1 at 6:10 P.M EST. This really brings a lot of questions to the forefront.

I suggest everyone who has an opinion about 9/11 to watch this.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208745
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=209033

Yes, everyone who has an opinion on 9/11 should watch this. Even the ones outrageous enough to actually believe it was a terrorist act and not some massive government conspiracy.

Fair warning, though--a good bit of it is a very thinly-veiled campaign stump speech. So much for non-partisanship.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    it was on yesterday afternoon, I caught about half of it...

interesting, to say the least...
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    dkst0426 wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208745
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=209033

Yes, everyone who has an opinion on 9/11 should watch this. Even the ones outrageous enough to actually believe it was a terrorist act and not some massive government conspiracy.

Fair warning, though--a good bit of it is a very thinly-veiled campaign stump speech. So much for non-partisanship.

I'll watch it, but I am pretty leery.
  • Options
    I'll watch it, but I am pretty leery.

there is one really really really.....really angry fella on the panel who makes it worth watching...if you can get past his anger, he does make some good points...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    there is one really really really.....really angry fella on the panel who makes it worth watching...if you can get past his anger, he does make some good points...

What is he angry about, exactly?
  • Options
    What is he angry about, exactly?

He seems to be upset with the US gov't moves to suppress freedoms...and that he thinks the US gov't was behind the 9/11 attacks...

talks about taking back the gov't and giving power to the people...

he was a pretty scary guy, I just wanted to give a heads up as to what you are going to see...

edit: the guy who is angry is the person who put together "Scholars for 9/11 Truth"
    http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    He seems to be upset with the US gov't moves to suppress freedoms...and that he thinks the US gov't was behind the 9/11 attacks...

talks about taking back the gov't and giving power to the people...

he was a pretty scary guy, I just wanted to give a heads up as to what you are going to see...

edit: the guy who is angry is the person who put together "Scholars for 9/11 Truth"
    http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/

Yeah, this guy sounds kind of loathesome already, although in fairness, I agree with his concern about repressing too many freedoms in the name of security.
  • Options
    Yeah, this guy sounds kind of loathesome already, although in fairness, I agree with his concern about repressing too many freedoms in the name of security.

Ok, I don't' know which guy you mean. Prof Jones was cofounder of "Scholars for 911 truth", Alex Jones usually yells and screams about the police state, but he founded Infowars.com,Prisonplanet.com , Jonesreport.com and Prisonplanet.tv. Tarpley is an author that has been studying the police state for a long time, Bob Bowman is the guy from Florida running for congress, and then there is that other guy that is shaking all the time, is that who you mean?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ok, I don't' know which guy you mean. Prof Jones was cofounder of "Scholars for 911 truth", Alex Jones usually yells and screams about the police state, but he founded Infowars.com,Prisonplanet.com , Jonesreport.com and Prisonplanet.tv. Tarpley is an author that has been studying the police state for a long time, Bob Bowman is the guy from Florida running for congress, and then there is that other guy that is shaking all the time, is that who you mean?

Not sure, inmytree will have to field that one. I haven't watched it yet.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

perhaps, the guy I was talking about had white hair and muttonchops...
  • Options
    I think Lt. Col. Bowman is just pissed that funding for the SDI was cut off.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    perhaps, the guy I was talking about had white hair and muttonchops...

Maybe, Webster Tarpley? The guy that won't shut-up?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Maybe, Webster Tarpley? The guy that won't shut-up?

perhaps, I came in about half way through the broadcast...
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763

I'm a lot more worried abou the larger number of freedoms that have been repressed in the name of taxation than the relatively few we lost in the name of security.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I'm a lot more worried abou the larger number of freedoms that have been repressed in the name of taxation than the relatively few we lost in the name of security.

That's a common perspective when getting screwed from two angles. neither is helping the American People.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    I was weary of the politics at first too, but I think it's more than justified. Bob Bowman does a small amount of campaigning but it's in the light of "Help me get elected and I'll vow to do what I can to right this terrible wrong." I wasn't offended at all by it and think he really feels an obligation to expose these motherfuckers and find the truth behind the lies.
  • Options
    "Small amount" of campaigning? We must have been watching different programs.