There, a nice middle ground.
:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I don't hate many people... there are just a lot of them out there I don't give a shit about.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Fuck off!!! :mad:
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Fuck off!!! :mad:

See?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Great thread. People are idiots. When will people stop thinking in terms of geography and groups and start judging individuals only on their personal merit?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I hate this thread.
  • Options
    I hate that show Minoriteam on Adult Swim.

I wish they'd hurry up and cancel it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175
    There is no middle and there are no polar opposites.

Keep reading that over and over until you understand what that means.

Don't base your beliefs on a center between two illusionary poles. When you see a population polarized, it is the mark of heavy propaganda. If you see smoke, there must be a liar.
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    know1 wrote:
    When will people stop thinking in terms of geography and groups and start judging individuals only on their personal merit?

When will we start realising the only one we have the right to judge is our own self. When we're perfect, then we might have a leg to stand on in judging others.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    i think ice cream is a delicious treat
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    i don't waste MY time hating anyone
  • Options
    Not sure.. hate is such a strong word... I really don't 'hate' anyone... it's more of disliking someones actions/behaviour immensely (gossiping, and not minding ones own business in my view are some major flaws) ... generally it takes alot for me to immensely dislike someone.. I would say that I tolerate people who display this type of behaviour... to various levels.

I like to think that I am a patient person. :-)
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    angelica wrote:
    When will we start realising the only one we have the right to judge is our own self. When we're perfect, then we might have a leg to stand on in judging others.

Matthew 7 :)
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    Although hatred is a very strong word to use, I think it is fair to say that NOONE is completely without certain prejudices. Many people claim to be, but, I think they are fooling themselves. Again hatred may not be the word to use (although sometimes our prejudice escalates to that). I don't like to think I harbor any prejudices, but, I have to admit I do. It takes balls to admit it, and, I'm not proud of it. I won't try to justify it, but, I must admit, I'm not really fond of wealthy people. As a general rule, I'm just not. Its something I need to take a look at.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    cornnifer wrote:
    Although hatred is a very strong word to use, I think it is fair to say that NOONE is completely without certain prejudices. Many people claim to be, but, I think they are fooling themselves. Again hatred may not be the word to use (although sometimes our prejudice escalates to that). I don't like to think I harbor any prejudices, but, I have to admit I do. It takes balls to admit it, and, I'm not proud of it. I won't try to justify it, but, I must admit, I'm not really fond of wealthy people. As a general rule, I'm just not. Its something I need to take a look at.

I think just the term wealthy people is a bit vague....Pearl Jam is very wealthy..but they give back...the one's I have a problem with is the one's who don't, enough is never enough
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    I think just the term wealthy people is a bit vague....Pearl Jam is very wealthy..but they give back...the one's I have a problem with is the one's who don't, enough is never enough

Yeah, and there is an exception to every rule. Again, I'm not trying to justify my prejudice. I'm just admitting it. Wealthy people, in general bug me. My wife always jokes whenever we happen to be passing through a wealthy part of town, and asks if I'm "breaking out into hives".

Edited to add:
    Ya know, that show "Cribs" on MTV, Man I fucking hate that show! I'm not kidding. It literally pisses me off. I think I have a real issue.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Yeah, and there is an exception to every rule. Again, I'm not trying to justify my prejudice. I'm just admitting it. Wealthy people, in general bug me. My wife always jokes whenever we happen to be passing through a wealthy part of town, and asks if I'm "breaking out into hives".

I hear ya, admitting it is an important thing, to do so openly even more so....I have an EXTREME prejudice against sexual predators, rapists, animal abusers, child abusers etc....I think hate is too easy of a word to sum up all these atavists of our world.....
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    I hear ya, admitting it is an important thing, to do so openly even more so....I have an EXTREME prejudice against sexual predators, rapists, animal abusers, child abusers etc....quote]

Yeah, but, that may in fact be a healthy thing. In fact, I don't know if that would be considered a pejudice. You're talking about a group of people who have committed acts any reasonable person would disdain. They have truly earned such low esteem. Your not PRE judging them.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Pickr wrote:
    I hear ya, admitting it is an important thing, to do so openly even more so....I have an EXTREME prejudice against sexual predators, rapists, animal abusers, child abusers etc....quote]

Yeah, but, that may in fact be a healthy thing. In fact, I don't know if that would be considered a pejudice. You're talking about a group of people who have committed acts any reasonable person would disdain. They have truly earned such low esteem. Your not PRE judging them.

That is a totally good point, I have never even thought of it like that...I always felt a bit of guilt about such anger and hostility towards these people, but your right, its justified..there is no pre judgement, they are what they are, and most of that list is universaly condemned...
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Although hatred is a very strong word to use, I think it is fair to say that NOONE is completely without certain prejudices. Many people claim to be, but, I think they are fooling themselves. Again hatred may not be the word to use (although sometimes our prejudice escalates to that). I don't like to think I harbor any prejudices, but, I have to admit I do.

This is so true. Psychologically speaking, we've all got a ton of prejudices hidden beneath the surface. The only way to be healthy about those prejudices we were taught is to be open to face them. I continually face my own petty biases and prejudice as they show up in my awareness. And I make a conscious choice to release each one. And then I'm still far from perfect. Old habits die hard. I don't punish myself for my petty biases, but I won't support them when they raise their ugly heads, either. (at least I try not to! There are the one's we don't see--that we're oblivious to that shine for others to see) Owning our biases and flaws is about acknowledging the plank in our own eye. And by working to remove the plank, we're more able to clear the speck in the eyes of others--not to judge others, but to understand so we can truly help them.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Pickr wrote:
    ....I have an EXTREME prejudice against sexual predators, rapists, animal abusers, child abusers etc....

It's not prejudice if we are acknowledging they are predators, or rapists as per their actions. It is prejudging them if we think we are entitled to say they are evil, or if we allow our preconceived ideas of why they do what they do to give us license to direct anger, hatred, etc. in their direction. That is why our legal system is very strict about acceptable conduct in how we treat criminals, or suspected criminals. They are to pay the price for their crimes. They don't deserve to be treated inhumanely beyond that. Some criminals need to be kept in solitary confinement to be safe from the general prison population.

The fact is, if I were born with the same genetic predispositions as the pedophile, and I went through the exact same life experiences as the pedophile, I'd have been a pedophile, too. If we are talking in a "God-sense" here, God loves each of us and God understands all of the variables of a situation. We don't understand all the variables of the pedophile.

If, according to dictionary.com, disdain means to treat with haughty comtempt and to despise, it seems to me it is US who are disdainful and therefore are full of disdain. We are therefore responsible for those feelings. They are our feelings and the pedophile is not to blame for our responses to him/her. The pedophile is responsible for their own acts.