Bruno has been avenged tonight!

Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Italy 2 - Germany 0

:D

I supported Italy only because I am too furious for the bear killing in Bavaria last week... how did they dare to kill him, he was italian!!!!

Great match! ;)

'Give us our bear back' angry Italy tells Germans

3.20pm Tuesday July 4, 2006

ROME - Italy is to demand Germany repatriate the body of "Bruno", the brown bear who ran amok in Bavaria and was shot dead by a hunter last week, the environment ministry has announced.

Environment Minister Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio has already complained to Germany and the European Union about Germany's decision to authorise the killing of the bear which had strayed from the safety of the Italian and Austrian alps into Bavaria.

"Bruno" outwore his welcome in Bavaria by slaughtering dozens of sheep and chickens and, moving ever closer to inhabited areas, raised fears he could threaten people.

Bavarian authorities reportedly planned to stuff Bruno, the first brown bear to be seen in Bavaria in 170 years, and put him in a museum - a final indignity which was too much for the Italian minister, leader of the Green Party.

"It was doubly irresponsible to authorise the killing of a protected species when the European Union tells many developing countries not to kill elephants and other protected animals," Pecoraro Scanio said after the news of the killing.

The minister was not available to comment earlier but an official at his ministry confirmed he would formally ask Germany to ship the bear's 100kg body to Italy.

The controversy comes as Italy prepares to take on Germany in the semi-finals of the soccer World Cup. One Italian website called on Italy's soccer players to "avenge" Bruno's death by beating Germany.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hug meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
    (Puck is happy because Italy won, Bruno is avenged and German people stopped to call us "Luigi", ice-cream makers, pizzaioli, PARASITES...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    no fucking way. I had the germans pegged to win
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    Puck78 wrote:
    Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hug meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
    (Puck is happy because Italy won, Bruno is avenged and German people stopped to call us "Luigi", ice-cream makers, pizzaioli, PARASITES...

I huuuuuug youuuuuuuu!!! :D

(sorry for my german friends, but Bruno deserved this victory!!!)

...what was the deal about "Luigi"??? I am afraid I have missed this one!
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    i bet bear tastes delicious
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    miller8966 wrote:
    i bet bear tastes delicious

Your mother tastes like sushi.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Your mother tastes like sushi.

Ill kill the aborted fetus of your dead wifes vagina
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
    miller8966 wrote:

since when has this place turned to garbage like this?
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    FORZA AZZURRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ciao Eva, ciao Gualtiero... sono cosi felice che esplodero in cualche momento!!!!!!

Che bella partita!!!!!!!!!!!

Addesso chi e il parasito????
    miller8966 wrote:

Wow, Miller. This seems a little extreme even for you. I'd take offense except I have absolutely no respect for you or your ramblings. I hope you are just drunk.
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    miller8966 wrote:

Why would anybody write something like this, even as a joke?
    Human Tide wrote:
    Why would anybody write something like this, even as a joke?

I dunno, but we seem to quote it more than how it deserves......
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    how did they win?
  • hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Wow, Miller. This seems a little extreme even for you. I'd take offense except I have absolutely no respect for you or your ramblings. I hope you are just drunk.

He's on a bender like Beckham.

LOL!!!

Get it?

Bender = Drunk...

Beckham = Soccer...

Bend it Like Beckham...

Bender...

Beckham...

Soccer...

LOL

ugh...

heh...

yeah...
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
    hailhailkc wrote:
    He's on a bender like Beckham.

LOL!!!

Get it?

Bender = Drunk...

Beckham = Soccer...

Bend it Like Beckham...

Bender...

Beckham...

Soccer...

LOL

ugh...

heh...

yeah...

That was actually pretty good !!
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Eva7 wrote:
    ...what was the deal about "Luigi"??? I am afraid I have missed this one!
    the online version of the german magazine Der Spiegel recently published an article about Italian people. It should have been about Italian football, but soon started to generalise, defining the Italian people "useless parasites all called Luigi", and other things

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/06/speciale/mondiali/servizi/articolo-spiegel/articolo-spiegel/articolo-spiegel.html

The magazine received a lot of complaints and the day after had to retire the article. However, in the following days the provocations went on, with the German press making "funny" jokes about Italians just able to make gelati and pizza...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    I pricelined a trip to Italy for the final... no luck :(

I can't be here on Sunday, where no one cares...

hug me too Eva :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    i really don't know what the germans were doing at the end there ... they were just waiting for penalties i guess ... great goal but really poorly defended ...
    meme wrote:
    I pricelined a trip to Italy for the final... no luck :(

I can't be here on Sunday, where no one cares...

hug me too Eva :p

Sorry meme, but I think it's better you don't come over if Italy wins..... people would go crazy...... (they did last night, there was no way to sleep all night long out here with all the chaos and noise of people celebrating until dawn...silly italians, go to work!!!)

I hug you in any case! :)
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Eva7 wrote:
    Italy 2 - Germany 0

:D

I supported Italy only because I am too furious for the bear killing in Bavaria last week... how did they dare to kill him, he was italian!!!!

Great match! ;)

'Give us our bear back' angry Italy tells Germans

3.20pm Tuesday July 4, 2006

ROME - Italy is to demand Germany repatriate the body of "Bruno", the brown bear who ran amok in Bavaria and was shot dead by a hunter last week, the environment ministry has announced.

Environment Minister Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio has already complained to Germany and the European Union about Germany's decision to authorise the killing of the bear which had strayed from the safety of the Italian and Austrian alps into Bavaria.

"Bruno" outwore his welcome in Bavaria by slaughtering dozens of sheep and chickens and, moving ever closer to inhabited areas, raised fears he could threaten people.

Bavarian authorities reportedly planned to stuff Bruno, the first brown bear to be seen in Bavaria in 170 years, and put him in a museum - a final indignity which was too much for the Italian minister, leader of the Green Party.

"It was doubly irresponsible to authorise the killing of a protected species when the European Union tells many developing countries not to kill elephants and other protected animals," Pecoraro Scanio said after the news of the killing.

The minister was not available to comment earlier but an official at his ministry confirmed he would formally ask Germany to ship the bear's 100kg body to Italy.

The controversy comes as Italy prepares to take on Germany in the semi-finals of the soccer World Cup. One Italian website called on Italy's soccer players to "avenge" Bruno's death by beating Germany.

Bravo to the Italian team. That was a hell of a match. Today I will be glued to the TV here at work watching the France-Portugal game. I want Portugal to beat their asses, payback for knocking out Spain.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Eva7 wrote:
    Sorry meme, but I think it's better you don't come over if Italy wins..... people would go crazy....

Exactly my point ;)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.