Options

The Race to Nuclear War

IggyHausmanIggyHausman Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
I've just recently been educated in many aspects of current events, as well as Buddhism. I'm entirely for peace, and have based many of my decisions on Gandhi's words, "An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind." I try to remain on the fence about political issues, but am fast becoming a liberal democrat. My granddad is a devout Republican, and has had several high-ranking government jobs. We were recently talking about the Iraq War, and the nuclear arms debate. While I do think that ever going into Iraq was the initial mistake, now that we've made it, we're stuck. The worst thing, in my opinion, we could do is try to stop violence with more violence. However, if the Arabs fighting against us, those who are entirely willing to kill each and every one of us without a moment's hesitation, got their hands on nuclear warheads, or had the capability to, as may be the case in the next few years, do you think we have a choice but to beat them to it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What a really sad and scary thought to think about! That's a hard question to answer. I guess I have to sit on that one. Nuclear attack is something I am afraid of especially living in LA which is a major target. so I guess in the interest of my home and everyone I love maybe I would want to beat them to it. But I don't know because I don't agree with the war in IRAQ or any other war where America is bullying people.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO