Options

NIXON - The Movie ( Oliver Stone )

DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Anyone seen this movie before? I'm just curious what some thought of it

I thought it was a very good movie, but the way they portrayed Nixon as a nasty paranoid, haunted man was very surprising to me. I have no clue whether that aspect of his life is accurate or not, and you always have to take Oliver Stone movies with a grain of salt, but holy sh*t, I was not expecting this particular view on him. A very Bizarre man was portrayed in this film , to say the least.
I'll keep taking punches
Untill their will grows tired
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i can't wait to see what oliver stone does with kissinger if he ever dares to make that film.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i thought it was excellent. anthony hopkins and joan allen, UNREAL! is it truly accurate depictions? who knows. i have heard that nixon was a very paranoid man, so i would think there's at least some seed of truthfulness to it. that said, it's a movie, and while based on real life people/events....artistic license is ever present.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Mrs. Nixon's finished.
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Oliver Stone always takes his artistic license to the limit.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    I've never seen the movie, so I don't know how he was portrayed; but considering his hippie spying program, secret tapes, enemies lists, Watergate, etc., I'd say he was a pretty paranoid guy.